Don't freak out, I'm just giving links.

Edited by jools ()

doing more than just giving links with your other 5 accounts today, though
link your dick to a car battery asshole
[account deactivated]
a program called bris that clips the end of ur pdf files. lol
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
http://www.newson6.com/story/22781648/tulsa-man-found-inside-septic-tank-arrested-for-peeping-tom

littlegreenpills posted:

im really bloody minded so i used www.cutepdf-editor.com/‎ to crop the enormous margins from extant pdf files and make them far more readable on kobo/kindle, it isn't as irksome as one would expect

same, or i used to before i gave up on reading pdfs on kindle because theyre slow and nothing is worth reading slowly

slumlord posted:

Intimacy in an Iron Lung
by John Christie
Author of Fuck and Destroy

that quote is from some google+ guy actually, please actually read any articles about why prostitution is a human right

excuse me maam could you direct me toward the Watauga county fuck and destroy. Why yes it is right behind Cafe Portifino, just look for the Audi with the Vote No on 1 sticker

Edited by MadMedico ()

a bunch of studies demonstrating that "freedom of choice" in consumer goods is a peculiarly Western preoccupation overrepresented as positive in the literature due to Western researcher laziness, that it is deleterious to empathy, the common good and the running of an interdependent society, and that merely mentioning it to Westerners causes harmful effects

Study 5 found that indicating which of several consumer
items they would choose reduced American participants’
empathy for a poor child who had little, if any, control over his
situation. Among Americans, choice appears to have heightened
the assumption that other people have personal responsibility
and control over their outcomes, even when there are
extenuating circumstances. However, Indian participants’
empathy for the poor child did not vary by condition. This
finding suggests that at least some of the potentially negative
consequences of choice are culture-specific.

The experiment used a laboratory task that required all of the children to solve word puzzles in one of three experimental conditions. In the control condition, Iyengar and Lepper told one‐third of the children which type of puzzle to work on. They told another third—the choice condition—to choose which kind of puzzle they wanted to work on. And for the last third—the “your mom” condition—they gave children puzzles that their moms had chosen for them. As virtually all choice researchers would predict, the children of European American parents solved the most puzzles in the choice condition—and the fewest in the “your mom” condition. But the outcomes were different for children of East Asian parents. These children solved the most puzzles when they believed they were working on the ones their moms had chosen for them. They solved more puzzles and worked longer than did children with European American parents who got to choose the puzzles they wanted to solve, and they also solved more puzzles than did children who just did the ones they were assigned. In fact, many European American children, well on their way to creating an independent self, balked at the very suggestion that their moms would know what kind of puzzle they should do or would like to do.

Edited by cars ()

They Feed They Lion
--Phillip Levine

Out of burlap sacks, out of bearing butter,
Out of black bean and wet slate bread,
Out of the acids of rage, the candor of tar,
Out of creosote, gasoline, drive shafts, wooden dollies,
They Lion grow.

Out of the gray hills
Of industrial barns, out of rain, out of bus ride,
West Virginia to Kiss My Ass, out of buried aunties,
Mothers hardening like pounded stumps, out of stumps,
Out of the bones' need to sharpen and the muscles' to stretch,
They Lion grow.

Earth is eating trees, fence posts,
Gutted cars, earth is calling in her little ones,
"Come home, Come home!" From pig balls,
From the ferocity of pig driven to holiness,
From the furred ear and the full jowl come
The repose of the hung belly, from the purpose
They Lion grow.

From the sweet glues of the trotters
Come the sweet kinks of the fist, from the full flower
Of the hams the thorax of caves,
From "Bow Down" come "Rise Up,"
Come they Lion from the reeds of shovels,
The grained arm that pulls the hands,
They Lion grow.

From my five arms and all my hands,
From all my white sins forgiven, they feed,
From my car passing under the stars,
They Lion, from my children inherit,
From the oak turned to a wall, they Lion,
From they sack and they belly opened
And all that was hidden burning on the oil-stained earth
They feed they Lion and he comes.

daddyholes posted:

a bunch of studies demonstrating that "freedom of choice" in consumer goods is a peculiarly Western preoccupation overrepresented as positive in the literature due to Western researcher laziness, that it is deleterious to empathy, the common good and the running of an interdependent society, and that merely mentioning it to Westerners causes harmful effects

Study 5 found that indicating which of several consumer
items they would choose reduced American participants’
empathy for a poor child who had little, if any, control over his
situation. Among Americans, choice appears to have heightened
the assumption that other people have personal responsibility
and control over their outcomes, even when there are
extenuating circumstances. However, Indian participants’
empathy for the poor child did not vary by condition. This
finding suggests that at least some of the potentially negative
consequences of choice are culture-specific.

it's actually fucking terrible that a dipshit study would be necessary for or capable of convincing anyone of such conclusions. it's empirical positivism gone mad says i

Snowden Unplugged

Mark Ames

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/snowden-unplugged/acb35a133b4c0fd03d6b61e3e1dc2cc7fdd55479/#unlock-dispatch

City of Demons

Yasha Levine

https://www.nsfwcorp.com/dispatch/city-of-demons/3fe4b59dcdde840ca2034fb98ebfbfc80f7b2146/

nsfwcorp subscribers: are they ever going to make that 'oligarch valley' piece on the CA central valley available in full online?
Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards of Canada
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

MadMedico posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/intimacy-in-an-iron-lung/277606/

"As my father lay dying and his private nurses washed him, made him comfortable and gave him his medication, they also lingered gently over his private parts as they sponged him. These were mountain girls from the state of North Carolina to whom death and sex were integral with life."

what. what.

But really these are irrelevant matters; I am not concerned with so-called 'sex' at all. Anybody can imagine those elements of animality. A greater endeavor lures me on: to fix once for all the perilous magic of nymphets.
Has anyone read good books comparing different organization systems? Like something that gets into dirty details of a bureaucracy, the meat of power project? I want to better understand the mechanics of social power, in both modern corporate systems and historical institutions.

Squalid posted:

Has anyone read good books comparing different organization systems? Like something that gets into dirty details of a bureaucracy, the meat of power project? I want to better understand the mechanics of social power, in both modern corporate systems and historical institutions.

hehe http://www.amazon.com/dp/041595391X

Squalid posted:

journal of management (JOM), 4OR, computational management science, group decision and negotiation, journal of business and psychology, journal of personality and social psychology, psychological science, journal of management and governance, logistics research, operations management research, public administration quarterly, southern review of public administration, public administration review

[account deactivated]

drwhat posted:

MadMedico posted:

HenryKrinkle posted:

http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2013/07/intimacy-in-an-iron-lung/277606/

"As my father lay dying and his private nurses washed him, made him comfortable and gave him his medication, they also lingered gently over his private parts as they sponged him. These were mountain girls from the state of North Carolina to whom death and sex were integral with life."

what. what.

These girls from the holler understand a man's needs.

Squalid posted:

you should read michael mann's social power series (volume 1 is sources of social power)

one of my profs at UW was big into administrative history i can ask him for recomendations as well, but they're going to be very persia-turkic and maybe china and arab centric

Lonsome Dove // Larry McMurtry

The Second World War // Winston S. Churchill
**Spoiler Alert!**
Dear reader ol’ Winston pretty much saved the world.
Thanks, those recommendations all look good, especially that Social Power series. All those journals mostly just make me sad I no longer have a big research library at my disposal
sorry
the michael mann books look intimidating but you can actually breeze through them if you're intending to read them all the way through. he sort of wrote each chapter in a self sufficient way and you can skip certain chapters that don't interest you, like ones that discuss his theoretical methods in detail or whatever.
[account deactivated]
i havbe forgotten how to Read
thanks to @GBaitaille_jp i hav realized pomo makes a hell of a lot more sense in Japanese if u put the time in
kid rock is cool