best posts from the forums
- trakfactri posted in Yankees in the Persabian Gulf (36 posts)
- Really messed up how the Iranians attacked two tankers including a Japanese ship, in the middle of the night, leaving no proof that they were responsible, and then rescuing the crews as the Japanese PM was in Iran trying to reduce tensions between Iran and the U.S. -- and also (even more deviously) attacking tankers carrying methanol and naphtha, not oil, which creates spectacular imagery for the media unlike the last time which targeted empty tankers and thus created no spectacular imagery. This shows the irrationality of the Iranian regime. For more read my full story at The Daily Beast
- Petrol posted in there should be a thread for just posting funny pics, (5269 posts)
- I was lurking reddit looking at popular HK related posts, because I am a bad and stupid person who likes to feel pain. The top comment on one post was by a HKer just mentioning the supplies they take with them to the protests. On a whim I looked at their post history to see if there was anything I could glean about this average young HK protestor.
- Ufuk_Surekli posted in there should be a thread for just posting funny pics, (5269 posts)
- Gibbonstrength posted in Get off the off-site: Let's play "Real Life" (8192 posts)
- well folks I'm nearing the end of my phd in "philosophy" and looking for postdoc jobs. I'm doing well publishing papers trolling old stodgy philosophers of science and I'm giving a presentation at the national conference about how feminist philosophers of science have already superseded the debates I'm involved in. My current university has a new nazi degree starting so good time to leave Aidsfalia for a while. There's a nice position at the university of iceland taking applications atm, so maybe I'll end up there. Bye.
- kinch posted in Yankees in the Persabian Gulf (36 posts)
- speaking of reddit, this is their 'director of policy'
edit for noclick: