twitter is tempting for trolling because like all your local z-list celebrities and officials have accounts and you can be like hey dingus you're garbage and they always read it. the downside is that most media now use twitter debates as the core of their reporting so if you trolled some troops you'd probably end up on some 60 minutes episode and they'd add you to the sex offender registry because you called a marine corporal gay.
gay as a pejorative. for shame getfiscal
tank formations are also directed by priests of nonsense
the more i read twitter slapfights between greenwald and various politicos the more i realize that they're all just komissar staev with a suit and a beard
The D&D Theory of National Political Systems
it doesn't weird me out if people have dumb opinions really. what weirds me out is that these people are paid primarily for their opinions, and often paid well, and are well respected within their industries. like a guy will be like oh i'm senior fellow at the bullshit institute where i focus on russia. i've got an article in the new york times this week. the article is "a bear in the land of tigers: will putin annex india next?" i get paid $120K a year.
im going to keep talking about the stupidities of something awful posters for a while
my favorite recent example was evilweasel saying international law doesn't exist. not that it's really just a veneer to legitimize the actions of the great powers, or that it's not really law because it lacks an enforcement mechanism. i get that argument. i mean he said that international law literally does not exist. it has no written-down laws, no courts, no statements of policies and procedures. this man is a professional lawyer in DC who has read a politics forum for 12 years

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

my favorite recent example was evilweasel saying international law doesn't exist. not that it's really just a veneer to legitimize the actions of the great powers, or that it's not really law because it lacks an enforcement mechanism. i get that argument. i mean he said that international law literally does not exist. it has no written-down laws, no courts, no statements of policies and procedures. this man is a professional lawyer in DC who has read a politics forum for 12 years

how much more money than you do you think he makes

probably not much more I doubt he has the connections or charisma to pull down the real money
i thought evilweasel died defending are freedom

getfiscal posted:

it doesn't weird me out if people have dumb opinions really. what weirds me out is that these people are paid primarily for their opinions, and often paid well, and are well respected within their industries. like a guy will be like oh i'm senior fellow at the bullshit institute where i focus on russia. i've got an article in the new york times this week. the article is "a bear in the land of tigers: will putin annex india next?" i get paid $120K a year.

the invisible hand operating freely within the open marketplace of ideas definitely is why that happens

more somethingisawful poster stories; i remember in LF i posted a thing about a massacre in uganda or something and one of those way too earnest LF dudes was like whoa i should start an africa megathread to raise awareness of this sort of thing, lol
i remember that terrible fucking "africa wins again" article d&d circa 2005 loved that
[account deactivated]
REMINDER THAT "reminder that" used to be a prevalent meme in LF
[account deactivated]
i love no no no cat

i wonder if roseweird got in on #killallmen on twitter yesterday

what the fuck did Duane and Gregg ever do to her??

[account deactivated]
but you totes magotes want to kill all men
lol
i was reading a dude claiming to be asian on reddit complaining about affirmative action and i wondered if he was just a white racist pretending to be asian so i checked his post history and it's all in the subreddits about math so probably not
reddit
[account deactivated]

i was reading a dude claiming to be asian on reddit complaining about affirmative action and i wondered if he was just a white racist pretending to be asian so i checked his post history and it's all in the subreddits about math so probably not

i was reading about this #cancelcolbert thing where a bunch of twitter activists want colbert report cancelled because his satirical in-character twitter account made an asian joke where he said ching chong whatever. i wonder if these people even know you can't be racist against white poeple.

ilmdge posted:

i was reading about this #cancelcolbert thing where a bunch of twitter activists want colbert report cancelled because his satirical in-character twitter account made an asian joke where he said ching chong whatever. i wonder if these people even know you can't be racist against white poeple.

i was reading the gbs okcupid thread

its ok

Edited by Superabound ()

ilmdge posted:

Michelle Malkin jumped on this bandwagon to mock and cynically exploit the backfiring liberal idiocy of twitter sjws and now the Huffington Post is framing this as "mean ol' Conservatives want to #CancelColbert". lol pure id eology

here's a good tweet:

You think that Colbert's satire is OK? Um, no. It's disgusting & devalues the lives of Asian & trans folks. #cancelcolbert

was trying to figure out how a fake character satirizing racism by saying anti-chinese stuff was offending trans folk, maybe it's because he said ding dong?

the word Oriental is insensitive to people with nonstandard Orientation
as an anti-makeup, Real Beauty activist with a congenital insensitivity to pain, the phrase "Foundation for Sensitivity" is deeply troubling to me

Superabound posted:

as an anti-makeup, Real Beauty activist with a congenital insensitivity to pain, the phrase "Foundation for Sensitivity" is deeply troubling to me

ilmdge posted:

here's a good tweet:

You think that Colbert's satire is OK? Um, no. It's disgusting & devalues the lives of Asian & trans folks. #cancelcolbert

was trying to figure out how a fake character satirizing racism by saying anti-chinese stuff was offending trans folk, maybe it's because he said ding dong?

trannies are self-absorbed and delusional?? *rechecks calculations, baffled*

i'm loving that Colbert is beyond reproach
ironic racism is still racism, but n-n-not Colbert, not my bastion of tepid liberal satire,
Let me tell you about racism: it's fun and it's easy.
TIL that rhizzone hates sjws more than it hates milquetoast liberal satirists (and a pro-military one at that).