I'm feeling good and getting stronger as I do the exercises more often.
grocery store receipts should have calorie counts on them. everything's computerized now to do automated inventory, add nutrition facts to the database.

also the calorie is a ridiculous unit, and for food should be replaced with the 'hum', equal to 100watts, which is around 2066 food calories/day. approx wattage of the adult human body. so the receipt says you have 4 hum-weeks of calories: that's food for 4 people for a week.

also all the food should be free
i started "running" this shit sucks ass fuck that
my instantpot has turned me into a psycho for yogurt
oh no!! haha I'm fully understanding really that means you are eating more yogurt.

sovnarkoman posted:

youre supposed to get a stolen bicycle and use that for cardio. ppl who recommend running, particularly as a weightloss method, are saboteurs who WANT you to fuck up your knees because someone w a fucked up knee or hip is pretty much done with any type of athletic activity. performance based activities like sport, particularly more competitive ones, have a lot people in it who willingly spread lies and disinfo to get as many people out of the race

I fucked up my knees last time I tried to start running again... so I'm tempted to believe what you say about these saboteurs. Otherwise it sounds rather paranoid, though.

Now I'm a psycho for swimming, though.
anyone who recommend running, ask them wjat sport they did in high school. if it's not track or cross country they're trying to sabotage you, if it's track or cross country you know right away not to trust anything they say

i, ran the 400m four times every meet

toyot posted:

grocery store receipts should have calorie counts on them. everything's computerized now to do automated inventory, add nutrition facts to the database.

also the calorie is a ridiculous unit, and for food should be replaced with the 'hum', equal to 100watts, which is around 2066 food calories/day. approx wattage of the adult human body. so the receipt says you have 4 hum-weeks of calories: that's food for 4 people for a week.

also all the food should be free

Why would making the unit people see on the box equal to a full day of eating be better? I think it'd be more confusing for most because then every individual meal is a fraction, and every ingredient is a fraction of a fraction. Way less intuitive than just adding. And why privilege moderately active adult men who actually need 2000 kcals for maintenance? The average woman needs 1800 kcals so a full day of eating for them is 0.9 hums, and it's more math for them to do in their head at the grocery store. Plus I think it just makes more sense to use a unit of energy than a unit of power in this case cause we're trying to describe the energy content of some amount of a substance.
the calorie is a great unit!

yeah, i think the unit being for food has a logic to it, we need to burn calories to stay warm, and heat up our water, which we are mostly, and it's equal to one degree celsius per kilogram of water, this lone metric unit trying to internationalize the imperial system. but food is the major science that measures energy by the 1 kilocalorie. so the kilocalorie is a water based unit, and has the life-linked natural basis, but couldn't you say the same for the hum-day, a solar based unit, or the hum-second, which is about the energy required to sustain the body thru one human heartbeat? the hum-decade is a unit equal to the approximate amount of food needed to keep a person alive for a decade, and megahumdecade a city of 1 million for 1 decade. 1 megahum is the human power of a city of 1 million. power times time is energy, and our units of time are already familiar and scaled to human life's proportions and to astronomy. mainly i can't wait for the day when i don't have to do 3-digit serving size multiplication or division, 3 or 4 times a day, like okay there are 280 calories per serving, and 3.5 servings per container, and i estimate i ate half the container, that's 280 * 3.5/2... to know factually how much i am eating so if this not this then something.

Edited by toyot ()

Don't get why we privilege "calories" at all given heat death of the universe. Do we really want to be enablers?

sovnarkoman posted:

100% do not do this

cars posted:

Don't get why we privilege "calories" at all given heat death of the universe. Do we really want to be enablers?

NUTRITION FACTS

SERVING SIZE......... 1 EGG (12 PER CONTAINER)

PROTEIN......... 8g
PROGRESS TOWARDS HEAT DEATH OF THE UNIVERSE........... 0.00000000000000002%
SUGAR...... 1g

INGREDIENTS: EGGS

招瑤 posted:

anyone who recommend running, ask them wjat sport they did in high school. if it's not track or cross country they're trying to sabotage you, if it's track or cross country you know right away not to trust anything they say

i, ran the 400m four times every meet

i recommend running, and dying before you're 30 to escape the consequences, it's win/win

i miss it dearly but do enjoy the surprise perk of being able to scare the cat with the grinding noises my hip socket makes now

The anti running trolls have already been warned not to spam this thread, pretty soon a mod is gonna wander by and clean house.
Sorry your joints suck ass