I'm feeling good and getting stronger as I do the exercises more often.
[account deactivated]
i started "running" this shit sucks ass fuck that
my instantpot has turned me into a psycho for yogurt
oh no!! haha I'm fully understanding really that means you are eating more yogurt.
[account deactivated]
I fucked up my knees last time I tried to start running again... so I'm tempted to believe what you say about these saboteurs. Otherwise it sounds rather paranoid, though.

Now I'm a psycho for swimming, though.
anyone who recommend running, ask them wjat sport they did in high school. if it's not track or cross country they're trying to sabotage you, if it's track or cross country you know right away not to trust anything they say

i, ran the 400m four times every meet

toyot posted:

grocery store receipts should have calorie counts on them. everything's computerized now to do automated inventory, add nutrition facts to the database.

also the calorie is a ridiculous unit, and for food should be replaced with the 'hum', equal to 100watts, which is around 2066 food calories/day. approx wattage of the adult human body. so the receipt says you have 4 hum-weeks of calories: that's food for 4 people for a week.

also all the food should be free

Why would making the unit people see on the box equal to a full day of eating be better? I think it'd be more confusing for most because then every individual meal is a fraction, and every ingredient is a fraction of a fraction. Way less intuitive than just adding. And why privilege moderately active adult men who actually need 2000 kcals for maintenance? The average woman needs 1800 kcals so a full day of eating for them is 0.9 hums, and it's more math for them to do in their head at the grocery store. Plus I think it just makes more sense to use a unit of energy than a unit of power in this case cause we're trying to describe the energy content of some amount of a substance.
the calorie is a great unit!

[account deactivated]
Don't get why we privilege "calories" at all given heat death of the universe. Do we really want to be enablers?

sovnarkoman posted:

i started "running" this shit sucks ass fuck that

100% do not do this

[account deactivated]

招瑤 posted:

anyone who recommend running, ask them wjat sport they did in high school. if it's not track or cross country they're trying to sabotage you, if it's track or cross country you know right away not to trust anything they say

i, ran the 400m four times every meet

i recommend running, and dying before you're 30 to escape the consequences, it's win/win

i miss it dearly but do enjoy the surprise perk of being able to scare the cat with the grinding noises my hip socket makes now

The anti running trolls have already been warned not to spam this thread, pretty soon a mod is gonna wander by and clean house.
Sorry your joints suck ass
got a pain under' the kneecap my left knee, not persistent, only when I put heavy weight on it (which sucks because I love doing that) but once it starts hurting it hurts with every step

normally this shit just goes away but it's been like 2-3 months v_√

Edited by solidar ()

i purchased ingredients at the store for cooking purposes today. the first thing i bought stuff for i've made before. it takes like 15min max if you make it really shittily as i do (it still taste good though), but i got stuff for thai peanut noodles. then i got ingredients for this other thing i made up once where i cook mushrooms in butter and then put hummus on a tortilla, and then the butter mushrooms go inside as i'm sure one would expect. last i got more english muffins and some pinto beans and cheese and i can make burritos and stuff witht hat. i am trying to cook food more. i hope to get a rice cooker soon because while i like rice, cooking rice in a pot is an awful experience so i avoid it usually.
Yeah, rice cookers are so much more consistent.
I got a squat rack in my basement now and I'm gonna hang my east German flag down there as an esoteric steroid joke
If you are gonna' run you should also do a lot of squats. The reason a lot of people mess up their joints I think is because their knee muscles aren't strong enough to withstand the shock of running. However if you build up your knee muscles you can avoid that, maybe. Anyway I haven't exercised with any regularity in months...maybe for the New Year or something. I live like right around the corner from a pool but it's been closed for so long it sucks.
If you are gonna' run you should also do a lot of squats. The reason a lot of people mess up their joints I think is because their knee muscles aren't strong enough to withstand the shock of running. However if you build up your knee muscles you can avoid that, maybe. Anyway I haven't exercised with any regularity in months...maybe for the New Year or something. I live like right around the corner from a pool but it's been closed for so long it sucks.

Parenti posted:

Been doing goblet squats since I don’t have access to a barbell atm. It’s very satisfying post-workout. The problem with me isn’t my knees but my shins which get splints after so many miles/week. I need to just go to a foot doctor because my feet are ridiculously flat

for the shin splints: the likely culprit is actually the shin muscles. the shins experience pain because the muscles aren't strong enough to support the movement of the foot upward.

an exercise you can do is stand flatback against a wall, and just keep your heels on the ground and raise your toes/feet off the ground as high as you can go, and hold for 5 seconds. do that 8 times for 3 sets. if you find it too much, try 4 or even 3 seconds. do this every other day, you may even find you can do it every day, those muscles heal faster than others.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
ease off on the mishima, bro
[account deactivated]
i got a cheap exercise bike with some of the trumpbux and its much more pleasant to use when im not trying to hit a specific goal and i just go as long as i feel like it

liceo posted:

considering trying bi-phasic sleep patterns for a while

What drove you to try it out and what do you think it'll look like for you?

I ask because many would say I have "fucked" sleep because I sometimes nap around 6-8pm for around an hour, usually preventing me from falling asleep until 3-5am. But this usually doesn't interfere with what I have to do in a given day. On the other hand I do feel a bit guilty about lack of productivity that arises from that and sometimes do just use sleep as a way to avoid things I need to do. But if I can get around those problems, I don't see why instituting it normally wouldn't be beneficial especially if I end up working, for example, a job with odd hours but still want to be awake at the times its convenient to meet with other people.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
gonna do steroids and bloat like tetsuo
i'm continuing to do the exercises to get stronger and feel great.
Growing even greater in power as the sun is out for more of the day, trend looks steady here for the next 2-3 years minimum.
[account deactivated]
I’m doing a sort of couch to 1 mile program for swimming

http://ruthkazez.com/swimming/ZeroTo1mile.html

It only takes six weeks, and so far it seems to be working as today I did 400 yards (week 3) when on the first week I was sputtering and not finishing 50 yards. It’s very interesting how quickly the body adapts to it, and a mile of swimming is already almost 1/2 of the Ironman distance (2.4). Probably the hardest part is figuring out timing of strokes and getting enough oxygen.

https://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/mao/selected-works/poems/poems23.htm