try joining DSA
One of American pastors favorite things to do is to go to foreign nations and get thrown in jail. And American diplomats all have spreadsheets tracking the American pastors in jail for meddling overseas.
Theres also always all these family members still living in the US who always say, Politicians need to do more, to get my dumbass brother returned home safe.

thirdplace posted:

somebody teach me how to suppress the part of myself that wants to point out the material benefits America enjoys from its imperialist hegemony whenever it hears dumbshit right-wingers talking about how NATO is such a terrible burden and Europe doesn't pay its fair share and the United $nakes should just drop out of as many international institutions as possible

Very carefully.

ilmdge posted:

One of American pastors favorite things to do is to go to foreign nations and get thrown in jail. And American diplomats all have spreadsheets tracking the American pastors in jail for meddling overseas.

i have heard that the indictment accuses that pastor of trying to convert kurds to christianity by trying to convince them that they are the lost 13th tribe lol

sovnarkoman posted:

i have heard that the indictment accuses that pastor of trying to convert kurds to christianity by trying to convince them that they are the lost 13th tribe lol

a timeless classic, nice.

priests have been used as spies for western power since they snuck into china to steal silkworms. it makes sense, when they get captured for being fucking spies, religious (dumb) people agitate for their release (not implying religious people are necessarily dumb, but there are plenty of dumb people who are religious).
not implying all your posts necessarily suck, but

ilmdge posted:

I hope Trump does it. Why should those profiteering clowns retain security clearances after they're no longer in government service?

to help them easily revolve in and out of the private sector

offered some fairly banal criticism of hillary's campaign at a group dinner last night and got told i sound like a russian bot. healthy country
they can't and won't do anything about the real catalyst that has further attenuated the lead-poisoned, senile brains of an entire generation, talk radio and fox news, because Free Speech, so they pretend that chatbots on social media that fall apart under literally any scrutiny are the real problem

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

offered some fairly banal criticism of hillary's campaign at a group dinner last night and got told i sound like a russian bot. healthy country

Seems like an opportunity to point out that clearly, as you're sitting in front of them, you're an actual person and maybe it's a sign the Russia story is out of control that anyone speaking out of turn is now attacked and branded a "Russian bot," and that furthermore, accusing real human Americans of being or sounding like Russian bots is self-isolating, and alienating people from their cause.

ilmdge posted:

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Seems like an opportunity to point out that clearly, as you're sitting in front of them, you're an actual person and maybe it's a sign the Russia story is out of control that anyone speaking out of turn is now attacked and branded a "Russian bot," and that furthermore, accusing real human Americans of being or sounding like Russian bots is self-isolating, and alienating people from their cause.

yeah let me just Get Into It with lib nerds while my wife massages her temples. fly away troll

whenst will an enterprising young scammer try to convince people that they are the lost 13th tribe from battlestar galactica

Red_Canadian posted:

priests have been used as spies for western power since they snuck into china to steal silkworms. it makes sense, when they get captured for being fucking spies, religious (dumb) people agitate for their release (not implying religious people are necessarily dumb, but there are plenty of dumb people who are religious).

mods rename me religious (dumb) people
i didn't want getfiscal to think i was making an attack on him. liberation theology is pretty cool as well. guess the answer....is somewhere in the middle!

Red_Canadian posted:

i didn't want getfiscal to think i was making an attack on him. liberation theology is pretty cool as well. guess the answer....is somewhere in the middle!

thanks for consistently making the posts i thoroughly expect you to make

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-anxiety-disorder-mental-health-political-divide-us-1.4762487

What's been called "Trump Anxiety Disorder" has been on the rise in the months following the election, according to mental-health professionals from across the country who report unusually high levels of politics-related stress in their practices.

And it's maybe not surprising given the relentlessly negative headlines and politically divisive climate.

This week, it was a menacing all-caps Trump tweet warning Iran about potentially historic "CONSEQUENCES." Previously, it was his Supreme Court picks and fears that the legal right to abortion could be overturned, or his immigration policies separating families at the border, or his apparent submission to Russian President Vladimir Putin before a global audience.

From Trump supporters, LaMotte hears about the pain of "feeling socially or familially isolated" for supporting the president's agenda, "even if they don't support his tactics."

From Trump's detractors, LaMotte has been struck by how much their anxieties resemble those of patients raised by a parent with a personality disorder — someone who would display traits like "grandiosity, excessive attention-seeking and severe lack of empathy."

"Whether it's conscious or not, I think we look to the president of the United States as a psychological parent," she said.

thinking about how in twenty short years the champions of right-wing guys devolved from "fight for deadbeat dads seeking child visitation" to "find a girlfriend using my top ten bio-tricks" to "perform the greater Solomonic rite of naming, binding and cleaning your room"
whenever i clean my bedroom now my eyes glow red for like ten, twenty minutes. that's how i know the world mana balance is shifting. check out my thread
my praxis is keeping my bedroom filthy and not having an undercut

Bablu posted:

my praxis is keeping my bedroom filthy and not having an undercut

since it’s currently fashionable among the far right to clean one’s bedroom, I think all principled leftists should shift political concerns away from bedroom cleaning and more towards dytd.

My entire life is a dirty protest
Some are making le Ok Face. But I am making le Actually, It's Not Ok Face.
When Donald Trump sees what he has wrought, he puts on the Me Gusta face. Well, to your administration, we give the Challenge Accepted face
Washington – The U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) took action today targeting Turkey’s Minister of Justice Abdulhamit Gul and Minister of Interior Suleyman Soylu, both of whom played leading roles in the organizations responsible for the arrest and detention of Pastor Andrew Brunson. These officials serve as leaders of Turkish government organizations responsible for implementing Turkey’s serious human rights abuses, and are being targeted pursuant to Executive Order (E.O.) 13818, “Blocking the Property of Persons Involved in Serious Human Rights Abuse or Corruption,” which builds upon Treasury’s Global Magnitsky Act authorities.

“Pastor Brunson’s unjust detention and continued prosecution by Turkish officials is simply unacceptable,” said Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin. “President Trump has made it abundantly clear that the United States expects Turkey to release him immediately.”

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/sm453
the tom hanks stuff sure is something

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-tampa-rally-qanon-conspiracy-goes-mainstream-68037c87f50b/
a lot of hysteria from liberal quarters about that q stuff going 'mainstream' but the only feeling i get from those tampa rally pictures is the same one i get whenever protesters wear warner bros v for vendetta masks
QAnon is adorable to me because it’s every other conspiracy theory about the bourgeoisie secretly plotting to seize power from themselves except at the end Rodney Dangerfield runs out of it and shouts We’re All Gonna Get Laid
hey c'mon. this is serious.
I love that there's a thing called QAnon
ha. ha. ha. return of qanon
there's a qanondorf joke available here but it involves the implication that politically naive + credulous people are demonic boars
looking at 8chan's qanon and pizzagate threads i'd always assumed most posters were feigning credulity in order to have some fun with it, but that changes if that article is right that they're actually boomers
as i've mentioned before, when libs talk about "election hacking" what they mean is the russians allegedly released factual information that made a candidate look bad. so far i have yet to get an honest answer to this thought experiment: if Trump really is working for the russians but ends up pissing them off somehow and they release the surreptitiously recorded Pee Tape to sink his reelection, would that be considered unfair meddling in our election by resistance libs
before i got banned from ycs there was a lot of pizzagate belief there, any rhizzone correspondents with a login want to report back on how far they've gone into qanon
yes