Blue Wave? More like blue wet fart!
Jefferson Davis, PGT Beauregard, Sessions, the (whatever comes after farce), get on the welfare you no-job-having nazi trash!

The Supreme Court issued le epic 5–4 decision Monday in Epic Systems v. Lewis allowing employers to epically deprive their workers of their right to sue collectively. Its epic ruling,

Constantignoble posted:

karphead posted:

thirdplace posted:

at one point last night i was going to show someone one of the old tpaine Rick Scott threads and remembered they're all gone now, and it made me sad

https://rhizzone.net/articles/oaks-ald-now-they-lie-peat/

https://rhizzone.net/articles/im-best-youll-ever-have/

the dillinger vid in the second one has been killed, here's a nonbroken one if someone with Great Power wishes to fix it

I look out from the window of my dacha. What can they do? They must fix the post. Will they? They must, of course, no matter what the plenum decides. I look down at my modmoirs, and in that moment, I know their title. Quickly, decisively, I carve it into the page, defiant to the last, to no one at all, my last mark on this grand project, this great argument for the world, before the world:

Время, Люди, провал-СПИД

thanks for uncrushing my dreams guys

also check this out lol https://www.alternet.org/election-03918/glenn-devlin-harris-county-juvenile-defendants

Perhaps even more stunning was the result of judicial races. In Dallas and Houston alone, every single Republican judge up for re-election was defeated, and 29 of the incoming judges in those counties are women of color.

But this apparently did not sit well with one Republican who lost his seat, Harris County juvenile court judge Glenn Devlin.

According to the Houston Chronicle, Devlin's reaction to his loss was to throw a temper tantrum, releasing defendants indiscriminately after sarcastically asking them whether they're going to kill anybody. Public defender Steven Halpert reported that "He was releasing everybody ... Apparently he was saying that's what the voters wanted." Seven juvenile offenders were released, including four charged with aggravated robbery.

...It is worth noting that Devlin, along with one other judge, was responsible for fully 1 in 5 children in the entire state sent to juvenile prisons, even while the juvenile incarceration rate in Texas as a whole is declining, and was tough on younger kids and lesser offenses than most judges. So he may indeed have a point that the voters want someone who will not do as much as he does to throw children in the school-to-prison pipeline.

it was a great night for accelerationists and problem drinkers like myself
i think we should all be supportive of the angry old man blindly stumbling straight into correct prison abolition praxis. we should have him try to ruin more things, see if he keeps accidentally improving them as well.
enraged former judge Glenn Devlin went on a spree shooting today, apparently intending to terrorize a hospital. while no patients or medical staff were harmed, one bullet did barely graze the eye of an elderly bystander, miraculously scraping away his cataracts and leaving the eye perfectly healthy. another patient reports that a stray shot lodged itself inside her prosthetic hip which needed a screw replacement, improbably rendering the procedure unnecessary and curing her chronic pain.

all 16 police officers responding to the scene sustained life threatening injuries.
nuclear meltdown mysteriously stabilizes into clean fusion power after Glenn Devlin crashes bulldozer into reactor
blue wave suicide game
aside from the rare religious pacifist, nobody actually opposes "violence" as a tactic, least of all centrists who can't avoid cranking off for a war the moment someone in a grey suit says it is good. what they oppose is violence that isn't carried out by the centrist class, or worse, directed against it (see comparing a mass shooting at a synagogue to anarchoteens yelling at Tucker Carlson.) they've fallen back on Norms because the traditional explanation as to why they get this power by themselves, democracy, the just consent of the governed, has started to teeter under the electoral college and sway wildly upon news that the Dems lost Senate seats while winning the popular vote by 9%
The pearl-clutching about "norms" is mostly generated by members of the media class who backed the wrong candidate and know that they can't hitch their wagon to the Trump White House without alienating their centrist pals they've been collaborating with to launder U.S imperialism and racism regardless of which party is in power, and who know that were they to talk actual policy, they would sound indistinguishable from Trump on 99% of issues. "norms" is purely cosmetic dogshit, it really reveals what an utter sham the entire presidential system is - it is effectively a propaganda campaign, a hijacking of all venues of culture in order to manipulate the public into choosing one manager or another. like why the fuck does this exist? how can anyone believe this perform unless theyve been the subject of perverse social engineering?

anyways despite the overwhelming liberal campaign to sway public opinion against trump and the republicans, and the daily horror it seems everyone you interact with has for the trump admins actions, there is nothing to suggest that the public is anymore convinced than in 2016 and that he wont win next election

Edited by Caesura109 ()

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

aside from the rare religious pacifist, nobody actually opposes "violence" as a tactic, least of all centrists who can't avoid cranking off for a war the moment someone in a grey suit says it is good. what they oppose is violence that isn't carried out by the centrist class, or worse, directed against it (see comparing a mass shooting at a synagogue to anarchoteens yelling at Tucker Carlson.) they've fallen back on Norms because the traditional explanation as to why they get this power by themselves, democracy, the just consent of the governed, has started to teeter under the electoral college and sway wildly upon news that the Dems lost Senate seats while winning the popular vote by 9%

yeah like I can respect actual, real pacifists, because that's a tenable philosophical/ethical position even if I disagree with it, but outside academe and monasteries they barely actually exist. the problem is that those centrists have a self image of righteous pacifism and genuinely believe they are actual pacifists, even though on a regular basis they condone violence against absolutely everyone outside of their own myopic political milieu (including protecting nazis for reasons which I am sure must be a complete coincidence)

as with everything in liberalism, the form replaces the content, the map replaces the territory, and pesky reality must be brought to heel

i guess this is just the general dumb shit happening right now thread yeah? https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/pharrell-williams-criticised-for-singing-happy-to-israeli-soldiers-as-part-of-army-fundraiser-1.790860

who would have though that a song originally created to bring joy to children all over the world as part of a lowkey racist animated film would be abused by its creator in such a way

Petrol posted:

i guess this is just the general dumb shit happening right now thread yeah? https://www.thenational.ae/arts-culture/music/pharrell-williams-criticised-for-singing-happy-to-israeli-soldiers-as-part-of-army-fundraiser-1.790860

who would have though that a song originally created to bring joy to children all over the world as part of a lowkey racist animated film would be abused by its creator in such a way

but the IDF really needs your money