Fuck a double aught
rusty nails
last week i popped a couple muscle relaxers and drank a gose and basically melted into the couch

TG posted:

last week i popped a couple muscle relaxers and drank a gose and basically melted into the couch

lol that's the most lawyer thing you've posted

There's a reason its the profession with the highest rate of alcoholism.
I'm limiting myself to one drink, so I poured a six pack of cider into a 6 litre punch bowl in the shape of a brandy snifter.

Urbandale posted:

There's a reason its the profession with the highest rate of alcoholism.

its because we constantly have to interact with other lawyers

balvenie 12 doublewood
[account deactivated]
wad-ka
cold pressed coffee and a little drambuie: the Railroad Spike. a wonderful drink.
i bought everclear a week ago just to try it out and man, lol. bad idea.

alcohol is bad, sry

Peelzebub posted:

alcohol is bad, sry

man that's like eating some caffeine pills and then saying yeah i don't get espresso guys

true pros get the lab grade ethanol

Peelzebub posted:

alcohol is bad, sry

lol over a decade ago we made jelloshots with this. even in the freezer they never fully solidified so you could still easily drink the mixture though it was thick. Anyway I ended up paralyzed on the floor in a West Virginia apartment and, despite being ridiculously drunk, didn't black out and remember the entire experience clearly. Do not recommend as the hangover was horrendous.

shriekingviolet posted:

Encountered this as well though I was much more conservative and only used a small amount mixed with apple cider. Quick, efficient, effective, and terrified to imbibe more than 2 doses.

yeah you gotta get the alcohol % right for jello shots or they never get past gloppy slime. delicious, dangerous gloppy slime. i recommend lime jello and gin.
sorry, this forum is for true devotees of alcohol and all its splendor. high school students and college freshmen who need to mask the taste with hypersweet concoctions need not apply
has anyone else tried any of the hard root beers, like not your father's root beer? i cant tell if theyre delicious or just taste like someone poured a shot of cheap vodka into a bottle of barq's
there's one at a liquor store near me that is literally beer brewed from sasparilla root or whatever, i might try it soon.
Sarsparilla the drink was originally alcoholic and is good. The alcohlic root beers are gross to me but otoh i only like root beer in floats
[account deactivated]
Also im drinking coors banquet beer
[account deactivated]

TG posted:

has anyone else tried any of the hard root beers, like not your father's root beer? i cant tell if theyre delicious or just taste like someone poured a shot of cheap vodka into a bottle of barq's

I've tried a few, but I think you described my reaction pretty well. It is drinkable, it has alcohol in it, and it is not particularly memorable.

I suppose one way to figure it out is to do a comparison by just buying some decent root beer and pouring some vodka in it. The only possible downside may be in discovering that you really dont like one of the participants, and thats easily solved by just drinking them after having several of the other test subjects.

shriekingviolet posted:

as someone who has studied and worked with lab grade ethanol in the university and laboratory setting, I tell you this is not the case. If you're trying to DYTD on the professional level, the cost/benefit of the last 5% is just not there.

What I think is bad is the price point on those rootbeers, comes out to over $2 per bottle, which is more than most microbrews at that point. I'd rather spend a dollar less and get Victory Golden Monkey. That's when I even drink beer though, I think the last beer I had was this junk last week http://www.newbelgium.com/beer/side-trip
cheap american alcohol prices...
[account deactivated]
whatever happened to that guy anyway?
[account deactivated]
is it ok to pour a drink out for him or is that considered wasteful in DYTD
pour out the drink but position your gaping maw directly under the stream. this also makes a good photo for your facebook profile, or job application.
last night the bartender made a new concoction/shot for me, and i was able to correctly identify 2 of the 4 ingredients by taste alone. pretty comfortable with my alcoholic bona fides
if two of the ingredients were semen it doesn't count

TG posted:

last night the bartender made a new concoction/shot for me, and i was able to correctly identify 2 of the 4 ingredients by taste alone. pretty comfortable with my alcoholic bona fides

yeah but the cherry and ice cubes don't really count as "ingredients" like the ginger ale and grenadine do

shriekingviolet posted:

there's one at a liquor store near me that is literally beer brewed from sasparilla root or whatever, i might try it soon.

tried it. far too sweet. blech.

ive been drinking golden monkey for the last couple nights. im retconning this choice to be in tpaines honor.
also whiskey. and also weed.
[account deactivated]
i ran out of everything except mezcal and meletti amaro. turns out they're pretty excellent together.