EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

my new roommate is an old coworker and friend of mine but he's a little bit older in his mid thirties from when being from a super nerdy DnD stupid shit background was par for the course for the punk / stoner crowd and he was like, "yo we should get wasted and have DnD parties at the rat hole (our apt)" the other day. how do i convince him to gurps I AM a Teen Anarchist for the revolutionary cuase?

reset his mind. PM me if you want to learn how

yum yum, very nice

Beavers like to mark their territory with a musky, vanilla compound located in sacs between the pelvis and the base of the tail. Manufacturers have been extracting it for 80 years to flavor foods and perfumes—but it's tricky, because the compound often mixes with urine and anal gland secretions.

"You can milk the anal glands so you can extract the fluid," wildlife ecologist Joanne Crawford tells National Geographic. "You can squirt it out. It’s pretty gross." But she admits to sticking her nose in there and taking a whiff: "People think I’m nuts. I tell them, 'Oh, but it’s beavers; it smells really good.'" For the record, the slimey brown compound is extracted by anesthetizing a beaver and "milking" its nether regions. Ice cream sundae, anyone?

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

as an american i've never met a gypsy so i dont have any strong opinions about them but i've noticed something: a bunch of people hate gypsies, which is true of most any minority group, although to a lesser degree, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone with a positive opinion of gypsies. no matter how limited! even "i know one gypsy who's a nice guy" i cant think of any other group for which that's true. at best people who dont hate gypsies seem to just get weirded out by hating anyone or denounce the others as racist, which is fine i guess but i've seen nothing to indicate that any of them have actually interacted with one and came away with a positive opinion

i met several very nice gypsies, though like gypsies tend to assimilate almost immediately in serbia if they can land a legit job

Edited by elemennop ()

how do i balance my hated of reddit atheists with my amusement whenever someone under the age of 50 has legitimate religious beliefs of any kind
like when khamsek (pbuh) said "well religious scholars all believe that the quickening is when the baby gets its soul" and nobody considers it weird that somebody is interjecting not only magic but a consensus timeline on magic into a debate about the real world
if you ever want a laugh check out the "quotes about chomsky" section on wikiquote and read all the simpering buttmad of imperial liberals

if you ever want a laugh check out the "quotes about chomsky" section on wikiquote and read all the simpering buttmad of imperial liberals

Chomsky once told a group of people that he himself was "agnostic" on whether the Holocaust occurred. When professor Robert Nozick, who was part of the group, confronted Chomsky with this outrageous statement following a debate at Harvard Medical School, Chomsky shoved Nozick, saying, "How dare you quote an off-the-record remark I made to a small group at Princeton." And then all the anti-semites stood up and clapped.

--Alan Dershowitz, June 1, 2007

When Irshad Manji, the Canadian Muslim dissident, was subject to death threats, Finkelstein supported those threats and wrote to a website that was collecting petitions against the death threat the following: "Is there a petition supporting the death threats?" He has also supported, he claims in jest, my assassination. Some of his followers did not understand his humor and have made threatening phone calls to me. He has called me a moral pervert, a Nazi and commissioned a cartoon showing me masturbating in ecstatic joy to dead Lebanese civilians.
bold stance imo

that jpg compression rate is haraam
ifap is a cruelty of the abrogation of the right to post imho
i still dont understand why ppl get weepy about the death penalty. of all the skulls you as a first worlder sit atop why the concern over the negligible number of convicted murderers among them. is it easier to empathize with someone in the same line of work

i still dont understand why ppl get weepy about the death penalty. of all the skulls you as a first worlder sit atop why the concern over the negligible number of convicted murderers among them. is it easier to empathize with someone in the same line of work

because life in an american prison is worse than death

furry diaper person "Schmorky" is a tranny now too because why not
i love listening to liberals whimper about actual leftists. here's so me goon with a Stunning Takedown of Carlos Latuff and all his ideological crimes

The writing and political commentary in this comic is an insult to anyone with actual political views, on either side. This is like "Hal Lindsey" if he was a muslim and was able to make sense.

You may not agree with America's foreign policy regarding Iraq and Afghanistan, but you have to agree that drawing a cartoon telling people to murder as many soldiers as you can is not an acceptable way to bring that across. His other literary techniques include: Drawing former Israeli prime minister Ariel Sharon making out with Adolf Hitler, drawing Alan Dershowitz jerking off to pictures of dead Lebanese war casualties, portraying people like Seung-Hui Cho of the Verginia-tech massacre and James Holmes of the recent Aurora Theater shooting as more or less heroes for killing other americans, drawing a cartoon for the ten year anniversary of the assassination of Yitzhak Rabin and, finally annually commemorating 9/11 by drawing cartoons that pretty much celebrate the event.

He is also a massive hypocrite. He is quick to criticize western nations for anything they do wrong, but completely ignores any wrongdoing on his own side. For example: he has a long tradition of standing up for gay rights (albeit in a rather bizarre way), something I whole heartedly support. During the 2005 controversy about the Israeli gay pride parade being held in Jerusalem he made a cartoon ostracizing the orthodox Jewish communities homophobic response to the event. Still, never try to point out to him that the treatment of gay people in islamic countries is far worse. Seriously, don't bother, he will just block you. He also has no problem making cartoons about how he wants peace in the middle east one moment, and cartoons about how everyone in the IDF is a war criminal the very same day. He is in fact so hypocritical that he manages to even be a hypocrite about hypocrisy itself, blaming others for double standards while clearly being guilty of them.

Another problem is his utter lack of research. He takes every opportunity he gets to call any countries he sees as "imperialistic" out on anything he can think of. Ham-handedly warping any news report into something having to do with his own political agenda. Like I have mentioned in the examples above, he twists mass murders into some kind of proof of the follies of western culture. Another notable example was when he made a cartoon calling a young man in Israel, who killed himself because he didn't want to join the army, a "hero". The fact that his suicide had nothing with politics, or the thought that someone killing himself is sad in any context and he should not be drawing cartoons about it, never crossed his mind. So he either didn't bother to do a single moment of research before beginning to draw that thing, or he thinks that a jew killing himself is a joyous occasion in any case, and he deserves to be praised for his willingness to rid the world of his presence.

postposting posted:

When Irshad Manji, the Canadian Muslim dissident, was subject to death threats, Finkelstein supported those threats and wrote to a website that was collecting petitions against the death threat the following: "Is there a petition supporting the death threats?" He has also supported, he claims in jest, my assassination. Some of his followers did not understand his humor and have made threatening phone calls to me. He has called me a moral pervert, a Nazi and commissioned a cartoon showing me masturbating in ecstatic joy to dead Lebanese civilians.

i dont think that finklestein commissioned this tho

like when khamsek (pbuh) said "well religious scholars all believe that the quickening is when the baby gets its soul" and nobody considers it weird that somebody is interjecting not only magic but a consensus timeline on magic into a debate about the real world

lots of people considered it weird. what's wrong with weirdness.

ironicwarcriminal likes to troll but lets all keep in mind that he is unironically stupid enough to believe in god irl

getfiscal posted:

lots of people considered it weird. what's wrong with weirdness.

thats deep getfiscal.

goatstein, are you actually still prohibited from posting in the main forum
my ip is still bant. i can get around it but its easier to just post here, in my thread of exi(le)
farking XTIANS on me facebork feed are calling it "culturally insensitive" that there's some new research being presented that jesus was made up and i dont understand what difference it makes to them if the flesh jesus was real considering that he didnt actually do any of the stuff he's worshiped for.
ive never understood the jesus story anyway. why do we worship this guy, what did he do? got us a means to avoid eternal torture. would be cool if he was like a prometheus figure who battled or tricked the death god into mercy. but why do we risk eternal torture? because of god, who was jesus, being buttmad about original sin. so thanks for the whole incredibly roundabout way to partially resolve part of your curse under certain conditions, sure feeling the love. is all life still doomed to death and pain because you're upset that two retards from one species were tricked by the greatest liar in creation? yeah? how weird
even that story is assuming that the whole eternal torture angle is real, which it isn't and which even most liberal christians agree that it isn't, and that the story of adam and eve is real, which it isn't and which everyone with a high school education agrees it isn't.
some very blasphemous vibes in this theread atm
blasphemy don't real

ive never understood the jesus story anyway. why do we worship this guy, what did he do? got us a means to avoid eternal torture. would be cool if he was like a prometheus figure who battled or tricked the death god into mercy. but why do we risk eternal torture? because of god, who was jesus, being buttmad about original sin. so thanks for the whole incredibly roundabout way to partially resolve part of your curse under certain conditions, sure feeling the love. is all life still doomed to death and pain because you're upset that two retards from one species were tricked by the greatest liar in creation? yeah? how weird

Jesus was an attempted reformer of Judaism who tried to remove some of the worst elements and add an afterlife. He was rejected by most of the Jews as heretical and so his followers ended up creating a new religion instead. This religion fused elements of Greek philosophy, took over the Roman empire and became the central pillar of Western civilization. It is still the largest and most influential religion to ever exist, and permeates history and art.

The theology around it is complicated and disputed. In order for theology to work, you have to try in good faith to consider a possibility in which Jesus actually was God and he actually did do those miracles. This requires some imagination, some desire to have a coherent theology, and a good deal of researching answers to your questions.

i can certainly agree with the premise that in order for theology to work you have to be willing to accept the existence of impossible nonsense
if you're going to have "imagination" you can do better than to assume that the predominant mythology of your culture, hammered into your skull since before its fusing, is in fact totally accurate. for example: why not imagine that every word that came out of L. Ron Hubbard's mouth was the absolute objective truth? that one has both magic and spaceships
thanks for blowing the lid off this whole "guy probably wasn't a real wizard" thing from 2000 years ago

if you're going to have "imagination" you can do better than to assume that the predominant mythology of your culture, hammered into your skull since before its fusing, is in fact totally accurate. for example: why not imagine that every word that came out of L. Ron Hubbard's mouth was the absolute objective truth? that one has both magic and spaceships

If you wanted to understand Scientology well, and get in the head of a believer, you would have to learn a pretty developed idea of L. Ron's teachings. And if you wanted to know a lot about Islam, you'd have to develop a worldview in which Muhammad was a prophet. And for that matter, if you want to know a lot about Marxism, you must consider a viewpoint in which Marx and his followers were right.

You can house multiple ideologies, and develop ideas based on certain assumptions without replacing your core ideology. However, studying theology can influence and make changes to your core ideology.

you make jokes getfiscal but you and i both know there's been a troubling increase in Popery on this forum

Agnus_Dei posted:

If you wanted to understand Scientology well, and get in the head of a believer, you would have to learn a pretty developed idea of L. Ron's teachings. And if you wanted to know a lot about Islam, you'd have to develop a worldview in which Muhammad was a prophet. And for that matter, if you want to know a lot about Marxism, you must consider a viewpoint in which Marx and his followers were right.

You can house multiple ideologies, and develop ideas based on certain assumptions without replacing your core ideology. However, studying theology can influence and make changes to your core ideology.

you don't need to believe in fiction to study it. thanks for calling

you make jokes getfiscal but you and i both know there's been a troubling increase in Popery on this forum

just write down their names for when the reckoning happens.

any sufficiently advanced praxis is indistinguishable from wizardry

you don't need to believe in fiction to study it. thanks for calling

Even with fiction you must suspend your disbelief and immerse yourself into the world.

one thing i always enjoy is people with Jesus-like, totally magnanimous forgiveness of Troops. 'sure, he went off to become voluntarily complicit in the murder of millions of nonwhites, but hey he's probably got some kind of false consciousness or is not from a rich family.' how weird that this line only appears to come about when we're defending troops. it would be funny to interminably fart it out whenever some SJ person is upset that somebody called somebody else a fag on the internet.