LF.jpg

____/
e's not the messiah, e's a very naughty boy

Wilford_Brimley posted:

Right now Japanese and Korean gaming sites are livid about the main character, who is an Asian female, not having huge breasts and big circular doe eyes.

"Yep, just like before, slanted eyes," added another commenter.

"We said change this," wrote one commenter.P

"Once again," added another, "this looks like a face that Japanese gamers won't accept".

babyfinland posted:

LF.jpg

http://i.ur.com/Qu1tLqc.jpg?1

what is xe pointing at

swirlsofhistory posted:

Wilford_Brimley posted:

Right now Japanese and Korean gaming sites are livid about the main character, who is an Asian female, not having huge breasts and big circular doe eyes.

"Yep, just like before, slanted eyes," added another commenter.

"We said change this," wrote one commenter.P

"Once again," added another, "this looks like a face that Japanese gamers won't accept".

judging by the number of irl American women vs. Japanese/Korean women who feel the need to actually undergo breast agumentation surgery i would say that its probably not the Asians who have the problem here

hitler had a lot of wrong ideas imo.
Agreed, that dude was majorly tarded. Should've euthanized himself sooner.
[account deactivated]
reddit is a new frontier of trolling. its full of "hrm, hell, forsooth, strawman ilk" types who are super serious about ponies, bitcoin and mensrights, and if they ban you you can just immediately rereg, you don't even need an email account
[account deactivated]
she has a pinkish hue
i hate that stupid bitch
conec is zooëj dešchañel irl
le_tom_face

[account deactivated]
one of my favorite things online is the argument over whether they should give female characters nerfed physical stats in videogames for realism. some dudes are really pissed off about videogame character affirmative action, and the people opposed to it are hilarious too because they have to try to get offended at the very idea that women are not as physically strong as men
link to arguments
was it temple of elemental evil that gave men a strength and constitution boost and women a charisma and dexterity boost or some other old rpg
is it straight bias that i think women are generally a lot better looking than men, just objectively? it seems like theres a lot less stenchtrolls and 300 pounders among women
through a dialectical process whereby liberalism has shaped the women's perceptions and disciplined them into making themselves beautiful, perhaps, but to say "objectively" as though women's beauty is something outside of time would be vulgar
ancient greek babes were p hot
doubtful, the fact that one woman's beauty caused a war and tens of thousands of deaths implies it was pretty rare

gyrofry posted:

ancient greek babes were p hot

Then why was homosexuality so prevalent?

The Romans were pretty big into bestiality, they were like the Floridians of the ancient world.
[account deactivated]

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

one of my favorite things online is the argument over whether they should give female characters nerfed physical stats in videogames for realism. some dudes are really pissed off about videogame character affirmative action, and the people opposed to it are hilarious too because they have to try to get offended at the very idea that women are not as physically strong as men

lol at the idea that anyone who plays video games has physical strength, agility, wisdom, or charisma

is it straight bias that i think women are generally a lot better looking than men, just objectively? it seems like theres a lot less stenchtrolls and 300 pounders among women

come to mississippi. 50th in literacy, #1 in morbidly obese genderparity

i literally cant remember the last time i saw an underweight woman between the ages of 15 and 85
_____________________jools
me -> <- tom
i feel like if wizards were smart every time a kid got sorted into slytherin they'd go "amazing, you get to go to our offsite campus for gifted wizards!" and then throw them down a well

i feel like if wizards were smart every time a kid got sorted into slytherin they'd go "amazing, you get to go to our offsite campus for gifted wizards!" and then throw them down a well

any wizard who would propose that type of scheme would themselves have been sorted into slytherin. idiot.

ilmdge posted:

any wizard who would propose that type of scheme would themselves have been sorted into slytherin. idiot.

check your privilege

remove your robe and wizard hat
as an american i've never met a gypsy so i dont have any strong opinions about them but i've noticed something: a bunch of people hate gypsies, which is true of most any minority group, although to a lesser degree, but i don't think i've ever seen anyone with a positive opinion of gypsies. no matter how limited! even "i know one gypsy who's a nice guy" i cant think of any other group for which that's true. at best people who dont hate gypsies seem to just get weirded out by hating anyone or denounce the others as racist, which is fine i guess but i've seen nothing to indicate that any of them have actually interacted with one and came away with a positive opinion
i've met quite a few gypsies and some of them were ok. some were creepy and most were just old people.

EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

i've met quite a few gypsies and some of them were ok. some were creepy and most were just old people.

It's fairly common, at least among my groups. One character death happened because he was getting pretty low on HP and still had a minotaur on him. DM decided it didn't make sense for the minotaur to switch targets or flee, so went for full Power Attack to lower its attack bonus, hoping for a miss. We all just kinda stared at the natural 20 that resulted. I also tend to worry that I've overpowered the party whenever I throw much of anything at them. I suppose it's a mark of decent DMing.

Anyway, are we talking about neckbeards casting spells? Because I have a story of a neckbeard casting a spell.

I've mentioned Matt before. Matt was the one who always played the brooding, trenchcoated Richter Sterling. Matt was the one who tried to bring the SDF-1 into every game (Yes, every game, no matter the system or genre. Watching him do verbal gymnastics on the topic was always mildly entertaining). Matt was the one who, before I even got the second sentence of setting description out (coincidentally the one describing the watchful guards), interrupted with "I start pickpocketing!"

Matt was also the one "responsible" for "resetting" a friend's mind and letting a "new personality" take over. This is that story.

A disclaimer: I was raised by psychic hippies, steeped in mysticism all my life. So if someone says they can cast spells, I'm skeptical, but not going to call bullshit immediately. Strip away the mysticism, and every "spell" is just positive thinking and creative interpretation of events. Someone may need the framework of the spell in order to think positively and creatively enough to be the change they want. It's more like religion than anyone involved in the comparison cares to admit. So keep in mind that I at least half bought into this nonsense at the time.

At any rate, I was over at Matt's house with our mutual friend Randy. I think it was Matt's birthday, and either everyone else had left or we were the only ones who showed up (We only qualified as Matt's friends because he had latched, lamprey-like, onto us and would not leave us alone). We had played a little RIFTS earlier in the day (Matt, Randy, and I were really the only group in my school that played tabletop games), but mostly the day had seen us passing the controllers around playing fighting games on the Playstation. Due to this, I missed the setup or why Matt was casting a spell, but when I looked up he'd set up a ring of candles with Randy in the center. Matt started going on about how he'd cast spells with runes before, but the spell needed five runes and he only had four left.

So not only did Matt think he had a working knowledge of spellcasting, he also thought he was a Vancian caster. At the time I only took issue with the second part, although not vocally. I only informed him of the existence of the null or blank rune, which he agreed would be perfect for his spell. He continued his setup, which I don't recall accurately, and when he finished casting, Randy went away wasn't there stopped responding.

That sounds silly, and I'm still having trouble believing I bought into it even partially. But Randy, to get a little geekier for a moment, was like a videogame NPC with no AI loaded. He was in neutral. He still breathed, blinked, maintained balance, but he stayed silent and didn't respond much otherwise. We ran through some impromptu tests, verifying that Randy had reflexes and instinct and his martial arts training. I may have freaked out a little at this point, but that stopped when Matt grabbed a sword and threatened to commit suicide to get Randy's mind back.

I talked Matt down and, it being very late and not knowing anything else to do, I hitchhiked home with Randy, still silent and mostly unresponsive.

Since nothing happens in a vacuum, this is also the story of how Randy got us to take him seriously when he changed his name to Sephiroth.

my new roommate is an old coworker and friend of mine but he's a little bit older in his mid thirties from when being from a super nerdy DnD stupid shit background was par for the course for the punk / stoner crowd and he was like, "yo we should get wasted and have DnD parties at the rat hole (our apt)" the other day. how do i convince him to gurps I AM a Teen Anarchist for the revolutionary cuase?