Groulxsmith posted:

There's almost nothing good about livig in New York and I'd much rather live in a place like Buffalo, where adults only ride bikes because they had too many DUIs and lost their license, and you can openly scoff at someone who brags about not having a TV

otoh manhattan is a dense area of hot and driven people that have the opportunity to.. er... meet one another. kinda all about that atm. who knows though, next week i could be onto the next crazy trend in this absurd life

www.google.com

open quote

h-i-p-s-t-e-r space f-a-s-c-i-s-m

close quote

enter

im going to buy a camera and hitchhike across the country interviewing the people who pick me up about politics and religion and stuff and then edit it into a movie and throw it in a dumpster
that's pretty childish. at least the capitalists are improving Some lives (their own) while you weirdos cling to your jokes

sosie posted:

im going to buy a camera and hitchhike across the country interviewing the people who pick me up about politics and religion and stuff and then edit it into a movie and throw it in a dumpster

It?!

sosie posted:

send postcards.

swampman posted:

sosie posted:

It?!

im improving my life and the lives of everyone around me & everyone who reads my posts with my brutal deconstructions of Capital.

discipline posted:

one of the most under-rated appliances to the american consumer is an electric kettle. we use clothing dryers, which are probably unnecessary but pleasant in cold rainy weather, but have yet to see the use of boiling water in a cheap machine in under 3 minutes.

Wait are you serious, do people not have kettles in America?

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

discipline posted:

one of the most under-rated appliances to the american consumer is an electric kettle. we use clothing dryers, which are probably unnecessary but pleasant in cold rainy weather, but have yet to see the use of boiling water in a cheap machine in under 3 minutes.

100% serious, it's a terrible situation. Americans at work even use those lukewarm water tower taps to make tea it's really sad.

Lykourgos posted:

discipline posted:

100% serious, it's a terrible situation. Americans at work even use those lukewarm water tower taps to make tea it's really sad.

barbarians.

I had to buy my kettle from OverSeas... very difficult to obtain.. it's truly terrible.. reminds me of the last days of the U.S.S.R...

Lykourgos posted:

discipline posted:

Sad but not really surprising, just look at their cheese and coffee, urgh

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

Lykourgos posted:

discipline posted:

Sad but not really surprising, just look at their cheese and coffee, urgh

this post is funnier if you assume that "cheese and coffee" is some kind of english beverage we yanks can't get, oi, went to portsmouth for a sojourn, couldn't find one feckin' decent cup of the black and orange. wankers

what's even funnier is watching a yank try to microwave a mug of water

maybe american kettle fear is equivalent to korean fan death
I has a kettle
“Waaaht kindah crazy heck-of-a-contraption is this?”

There’s some loopy American guy living in Sydney who posts in the Australian politics thread in D&D who always goes on about progressive and leftist he is, but said he hates seeing washing hung out on clotheslines over here because it’s a “symbol of being poor in America” and then went on to proudly state how he uses a dryer at every opportunity because convenience uber alles or whatever I guess.

they're a weird people
HEre in America we just buy convenient pre-made tea, it comes in a can and it's called Mountain Fucking Dew
I want a samovar so bad
I want a samosa

gyrofry posted:

I want a samosa

hey dude i remembered this the other day from sydney's red light district. This is how much people love their shitty kebabs (gyros) over here

so shameful....i don't care how drunk and hungry you are, avoid the shop with the police tape and stab-victim blood all over the display case

oz.jpg
lol australians
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
lol
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
why cant you buy an electric kettle in america

littlegreenpills posted:

why cant you buy an electric kettle in america

Illegal

[account deactivated]
who the fuck uses a dryer? if you put skintight stretch jeans in a dryer the fabric gets all fucked up and they start to fade! jesus. its like these homos are wearing 'slim' fit jeans and not even ultra skinny ones wtf
how do your enormous swollen bike messenger calves even fit into skinny jeans in the first place christ
one leg at a time just like everybody else...
Calves are such a trivial issue beside thighs...
[account deactivated]