[account deactivated]
it a pretty easy endeavor if U ask me
[account deactivated]
the marines always have a job opening for a recent college grad
[account deactivated]
jobs are gaey & stupid
I know only one person struggling to find a job and thats probably cause he lives in a rural area and doesnt have a car lol.
The glut of relatively smart people with low demand degrees is a tremendous market inefficiency that many bleeding edge companies are beginning to leverage. Sorry if it means filing regulatory forms instead of devising alternatives to the hegemony of financialization in the global south or whatever

Impper posted:

jobs are gaey & stupid

I have a job and yeah

But if war erupts in the south china sea my job will become redundant and I’ll have more time to post

Khamsek come to Australia if you can’t get a job, bartending gets you well over $20 an hour and I know how much you’d love pouring jack daniels for leering bogans……

What is your masters in? Was it a dumb baby american degree in democracy or free speech because if so lol good luck with the job thing yank
you can have a half of my job and still work 30+ hrs a week. some people have all the fun
SEO/"Social Media"/web development jobs are plentiful... i think
i dont have a masters degree or connections or a place to live but im going to get a job because i was born to own
join the army as an officer. you are not too old for this i checked.
i dig out septic tanks you could try that. or idk, does palestine have septic tanks or do they just throw it in the street
Thankfully, cancer got Jobs for us. Enemies of the Chinese people down #1 Steve #2 (current project) Nation of Japan.

getfiscal posted:

join the army as an officer. you are not too old for this i checked.

lets join the foreign legion, itll be fun

the foreign legion is fucking lame now, they "get upset" and "turn you into the police" if you try to join cause you "ate a bus full of kids"
undergraduate history degrees are eminently marketable and will earn you respect from potential employers
Have you guys tried already having a job and never losing it
just remember, no one owes you a job, no one owes you anything. you have to sell yourself by first believing in your ability to make positive change, and then impressing the employer with your irrepressible can-do, will-do attitude.

Tsargon posted:

i've wanted to join the military but i'm like healthwise not an ideal candidate

The job market might be bad, but also keep in mind that your american liberal arts education is piss poor and academia lied to you and fleeced you for tens of thousands of dollars. Even if the job market was great you'd still be a shitty employee who spent the last four years ”studying” karl barx's theory of sitting on your arse doing fuck all.
Oh. I forgot about how my American liberal arts education is pis s poor and acadermia lied to me and fleeced me.

swirlsofhistory posted:

undergraduate history degrees are eminently marketable and will earn you respect from potential employers

sweet

getfiscal posted:

Tsargon posted:

i've wanted to join the military but i'm like healthwise not an ideal candidate

from what i understand the legion has guys that beat you up until youre in shape, like those belt machine they had in the 50s that shook house-wives into machines except with fancy frenchmens fists

when you think about it taking any sort of university degree in a "humanities" subject is incredible selfishness and narcissism.

How egotistical is it to believe that the world will be enriched by YOUR take on something that is already analysed and commented on by millions of people already.
there are lots of people who would probably pay for a fancy frenchman to beat them up, but in the legion you not only get it for free, but they pay you
my job is jerking off to tristan und isolde
losers

Tsargon posted:

there are lots of people who would probably pay for a fancy frenchman to beat them up, but in the legion you not only get it for free, but they pay you

i'm listening....

Tsargon posted:

Once you retire or if you’re some other eminent warrior they respect (Scwartzkopf was telling this story lol) they give you a card with a phone number on it and wherever you are in the world if you’re in trouble they’ll instantly come to rescue you.

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

when you think about it taking any sort of university degree in a "humanities" subject is incredible selfishness and narcissism.

How egotistical is it to believe that the world will be enriched by YOUR take on something that is already analysed and commented on by millions of people already.

agreed. rip dj screw

Imagine your not just playing Guild Wars 2. You're living it. You are the front line in an exotic armed force, defending the West from those would defy it. You'll learn a new language, get cool fat calf muscles, and meet new people. How much does this cost you? Literally nothing except for your time, which you historically do not use very well if left alone.
i almost walked into a recruiter's office in canada. i don't know if that's lore yet. i wanted to be a logistics officer or something.
It's the absolute height of ego centrism to think that we somehow need new people to design roads, buildings, and other structures when everybody has already built those and the ones you make will be the exact same and every single part of it has to conform to 5 different regulations. Basically your only actual job is knowing where to look those up at and having nice penmanship.

getfiscal posted:

i almost walked into a recruiter's office in canada. i don't know if that's lore yet. i wanted to be a logistics officer or something.

itd be cool. like one of my friends joined the army right out of highschool and all he's ever done is repair helicopters in south korea

I almost joined Air Force in 2004 cause I ws bored as hell and needed money and figured I could GI bill later and figured by the time I went through training and camp and everything iraq would pretty much be over. I'm literally the dumbest person I knew.