BALLIN_LIKE_STALIN posted:

While most of the consular staff evacuated, vilerat stayed behind to wipe classified data log off of EVE Online, and was killed in the attack.

at least vilerat died doing what he loved, whitewashing the crimes of the u.s. government in the last moments of life while moving spaceship pixels around

guidoanselmi posted:

i assume suicide but that's only because no one answered my realpost asking about it with a realreply.

I don't think so, in fyad they were speculating it was either an aneurism, which apparently his family was predisposed to, or an opiate overdose, to which he was apparently addicted.

On topic I feel bad someone died violently and pointlessly, but am also glad I don't have to read his posts. Would have preferred to not have to read evilweasel posts, tbh. What was the context of his Nelson Mandela hate, btw?

Squalid posted:

What was the context of his Nelson Mandela hate, btw?

Well, he's white.

i too hate nelson mandela because he is white

Squalid posted:

it was because mandela opposed the iraq war, iirc. apparently he was stationed in south africa at one point, which makes it even better.

Squalid posted:

this is the basic story that made him mad i think:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2251067.stm

Squalid posted:

guidoanselmi posted:What was the context of his Nelson Mandela hate, btw?

it was a reaction to this story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/2251067.stm

dunno anything beyond that. afaik vilerat abandoned a lot of his most terrible views

edit; f,b

also mandela is xhosa lol

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

babyfinland posted:

its weird how the media treats the four americans that died. one was the ambassador, theyve done eulogies about him. two are simpyl refered to as "other US citizens." the other is vile rat.

check out tihs sweet eulogy in one of australia's most circulated newspapers

http://www.smh.com.au/technology/technology-news/vile-rat-killed-in-libya-as-gamers-mourn-diplomatic-dogooder-20120913-25tu3.html

smh dot com

Makeshift_Swahili posted:

dunno anything beyond that. afaik vilerat abandoned a lot of his most terrible views

oh ok then i take back both my hootin and hollerin

yeah but his awful ideas were still lurking somewhere in his grody lizard brain, waiting to strike
dying, he blamed the laughable Xhosa girl Nongqawuse
Death of Get Fiscal
Victim of Montreal riot remembered as frequently owned
I met VR first in Eve. Newer SA goons know him later for his mod spot in D&D. We were in Goonfleet. He, me, and Solo Drakban are among... were among - the last of the old guard still playing. We first hung out in person back in 06, when he came by the DC area for some training; he’d been in Johannesburg for a while but I was living in Northern Virginia. The first time we hung out we went out to dinner, chilled, then realized that we didn’t have any mixers for drinks so we just began pounding vodka shots while playing EVE, killed a Caracal while we were in frigates, went to 1V- in Scalding Pass and trolled Lotka Volterra for being bad. The system had just fallen. 06. I’ve known him for more than six years.
Let's not forget the laughable Xhosa man Nelsonmandela,

VoxNihili posted:

I met VR first in Eve. Newer SA goons know him later for his mod spot in D&D. We were in Goonfleet. He, me, and Solo Drakban are among... were among - the last of the old guard still playing. We first hung out in person back in 06, when he came by the DC area for some training; he’d been in Johannesburg for a while but I was living in Northern Virginia. The first time we hung out we went out to dinner, chilled, then realized that we didn’t have any mixers for drinks so we just began pounding vodka shots while playing EVE, killed a Caracal while we were in frigates, went to 1V- in Scalding Pass and trolled Lotka Volterra for being bad. The system had just fallen. 06. I’ve known him for more than six years.

- Secretary of State, Hillary Rodham Clinton

good bye vile rat. i will never forget all the times you made me laugh until my voice was "horse"

VoxNihili posted:

i emailed mark ames with vilerats post history so hopefully we'll get a KILLED US DIPLOMAT WAS RACIST INTERNET MONSTER article out of it
i emailed mark ames with vilerats post history so hopefully we'll get a KILLED US DIPLOMAT WAS RACIST INTERNET MONSTER article out of it
sssh be quiet this is an election year, if you're not careful all the racist internet monsters will vote for mitt romney
Man, Credence's song "candle in the window" has never hit so close to home before.

jools posted:

hahah

BALLIN_LIKE_STALIN posted:

vilerat, aka Sean Smith, was an IT guy for the US State Department. He was assigned to work at a consulate in Benghazi. That office was attacked by far-right Islamic militants during a protest over a low-budget film that portrays Mohammed as a pedophile (it's looking more and more like the attack was premeditated and just used what would otherwise have likely been a non-violent protest as cover). While most of the consular staff evacuated, vilerat stayed behind to wipe classified data log off of EVE Online, and was killed in the attack. In the mean time, Chris Stevens, the US ambassador, and his bodyguards evacuated to a safe house. The attackers followed, and killed the ambassador and two other State Department employees.

I am in the military and heard about the attacks before most of the world. At first it was just another attack. Then I came home and saw the news on reddit that a fellow EVE player had died. It wasn't until I read what might have been his last communication that I really started feeling it.

(2:40:22 PM) vile_rat: FUCK

(2:40:24 PM) vile_rat: gunfire

Sucks to hear about Rorschach. I remember that guy.
US Ambassador, Gamer and several other redshirts killed in Benghazi.
Smith was widely recognized as the "Greatest diplomat in the History of EVE, and possibly online gaming history", to his dismay he found out you can't dodge an RGP using video game diplomacy.

David Allen Green ‏@DavidAllenGreen
Screengrab of the now deleted odd and vile tweet from @wikileaks http://yfrog.com/kf69002053p
Retweeted by Brown Moses

HOW DARE THEY EQUIVOCATE

Hey Laissez's Faire, it's been a long time. I thought you were dead. You might not remember me, cuz there was a lot of arak and hashish involved, but we totally hooked up once many years ago.

Heard your name mentioned again when a bunch of goony babies started crying about some dumb pith helmet-wearing network jockey that got obliterated "just doing his job" making sure that the red-white-and-blue is balls deep in whatever government emerges from the muck over there. The outrage and faux empathy left me scratching my head.

Just wanted to say it's great seeing you. You look good.

Ollu posted:

Hey Laissez's Faire, it's been a long time. I thought you were dead. You might not remember me, cuz there was a lot of arak and hashish involved, but we totally hooked up once many years ago.

Heard your name mentioned again when a bunch of goony babies started crying about some dumb pith helmet-wearing network jockey that got obliterated "just doing his job" making sure that the red-white-and-blue is balls deep in whatever government emerges from the muck over there. The outrage and faux empathy left me scratching my head.

Just wanted to say it's great seeing you. You look good.

boglyft posted:

Picture from the US/Libyan Plutonium for Pinball Parts Program

You still know what I like, baby. And you haven't changed a bit.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
goon bravado: i played eve with this bro, my goondolences are more heartfelt and irl than yours
[account deactivated]