EmanuelaOrlandi posted:

tom i just bought a comb bc my beard is getting long enough where i need to take care of it. went down 2 the playhouse today for my birthday and got a trim and they trimmed my beard. it actually looks good not like i have been too drunk to shave for a month and a half. now that i have short hair i am actually feeling like growing a Real Beard wont be too fucked up. how's your bear doing?

i shaved it when Woman visited but ive started growing it again, its been about a month i guess. its still in gross whispy manchild stages. its really amazing how much even the slightest trim makes a beard looks so much better. what do you do with your neck

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Gonna miss him. Posted with him in D&D and I believe YCS and LF for a hot minute. He was good people. This is just about one of the most surreal things to ever happen to me in my internet life. Sometimes I kind of forget the people in this forum exist outside in the real world and then some shit like this happens. I think I even played some Left 4 Dead 2 or some shit with him once. Really sad to hear about the quality work he was doing trying to make the world a better place, even more sad he's being used as a political football in the US election...

I hear about lots of overseas deaths all the time, being that I'm a big news junkie and all, but sadly, there's so many, and they're so impersonal, they don't really make a big emotional impact on me. Knowing that I talked to this dude more than a few times about politics and video games and all really brings it full circle for me. What an awful world we live in sometimes.

For those of you who knew Vilerat more intimately than I did, maybe it would help his wife if she could read this thread and see all the good things people are sayin' about him? I don't know how anyone would begin to cope with this, but I can imagine that being a nice thing to see.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_Smith_(diplomat)
the McRib is back
mcrib is back is #3 on rhizzone search traffic rankings
"On his EVE Online fansite, Gianturco posted a lengthy obituary that noted how Smith had used his professional diplomacy skills to become an influential leader within the game, which relies on complicated negotiations between factions."

Maybe he was negotiating a ceasefire and things went sour once he offered 20million isk and a space ship.
that wiki is gonna get edited but lol

a screenshot to preserve the moment in infamy:

Search Keyphrases (Top 10)
Full list
225 different keyphrases Search Percent
rhizzone 140 29.1 %
therhizzone 26 5.4 %
mcrib 2012 17 3.5 %
the rhizzone 14 2.9 %
hitler clothing store 6 1.2 %
rhizzone.net 6 1.2 %
hitler clothing store
site http //www.rhizzone.net/ amnesty 5 1 %
derpina fuck yea 5 1 %
cyclonopedia pdf 5 1 %
kyle alexander hentges 4 0.8 %
Hmmm joey it looks like you have an excellent opportunity for a new business venture. the reichzone clothing store.
great work guys.
death is certain

is wddp leaking into GBS?
Alexia has different traffic information which seems a little suspect to me

1 ernstrem college 28.73%
2 library.nu links 13.41%
3 facebook library.nu 5.01%
4 library.nu not logging 4.76%
5 adam curtis poodles 2.21%
6 the generalist. the enthusiastic productive type. 2.00%
7 library.nu forum 1.70%
8 plight of middle eastern christians 1.58%
9 lfest 1.51%
10 faire frinlend 1.30%

ggw posted:

hi, hello, could you hold that sign up a bit higher?

and slightly angle it 45 degrees so the laser designator has optimal reflection?

thank you.

[account deactivated]
that's what he calls his endless expanse of stomach when he's feeling "rowdy"

discipline posted:

they have an israel thread in the new wddp and the first page is mostly them arguing about misgendering bradley manning and the rest of it is them fretting over appearing antisemitic in their criticism of israel

no, there's no deliberate conspiracy to elide manning's gender identity and preferred name. there's only hegemonic cissexism, the results of which are the media's refusal to properly gender manning, the lack of reporting on the misgendering (aside from reports on her legal team's admittedly gross but hopefully efficacious strategy), and the complete ignorance of the public about this whole issue. plus, we run into even more bigotry and cissexism when those who should know better and have been told before continue to misgender her (this is not directed at anyone here, but rather at people i know personally)

also, it's fairly gross to demand more proof of her preferred gender. when does that stop? does she need to wear a skirt to her trial to "prove" her gender? no one ever demands to see proof of imposed and assumed cisgender status, but we're supposed to demand some imagined and unattainable standard of proof when someone is trans? the chat log is clear and (as far as i know) no one has denied its veracity. demanding "proof" while blithely misgendering breanna manning is gross, full stop.

[account deactivated]
why do women think that men are so desperate to get into the women's bathroom? there's nothing to see there. "oh man, check out all these hot bathroom stalls." no, sorry babe, knowing that you're peeing on the other side of a door does nothing for me even if the door is suspended six inches off the ground and a centimeter thick.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

yes but you're asexual and there are lots of men who go into women's restrooms to jack off

we also go to men's restrooms to jack off. jesus, a little consideration here? maybe the reason that we're jacking off has nothing to do with you? did you ever consider that the world doesn't revolve around you?

I'm disappointed there's not a way I can edit it to make it look like I made this post. - EO

Edited by EmanuelaBrolandi ()

discipline posted:

women have every right to be threatened by men in the wrong bathroom

same, but men for women, since you could check out our dills at the urinal, which is a serious issue.

[account deactivated]

discipline posted:

yes but you're asexual and there are lots of men who go into women's restrooms to jack off, take photos or generally harass women and girls

GoldenLionTamarin posted:

discipline posted:

yes but you're asexual and there are lots of men who go into women's restrooms to jack off, take photos or generally harass women and girls

Based On A True Story.

discipline posted:

uhh

epg's trigger finger is a bit slow
israel isn't a 'jewish issue'. i shouldn't have to disown israel every time i post something related to my jewishness on the offchance that some bastard fuckwit will pick it up and run with it as an excuse to piss up a wall about israel. you don't have to worry about being shat on when you mention being black in MtGOX.com. there's no thread about jewishness here for a reason, and it's not because there's a lack of jews

gentiles constantly comparing israel to nazi germany is anti-semitism because it's opportunistic and grossly inappropriate. anti-semitism is a 'jewish issue', but when anyone protesting anti-semitism is branded a zionist and attacked then why the fuck would anyone bother engaging in these bullshit threads
how do those people actually find wordfilters funny
it's so funny i got banned from wddp (partially) for being that zionist guy and good lordy look at that.

guidoanselmi posted:

Don't laugh at his arabic accent.

how do those people actually find wordfilters funny

I used to post on a forum where I temporarily got some marginal subforum mod access and when it was taken away they didn't take away my ability to edit wordfilters and i changed everything to say 'tha' 'wit' etc... and everyone freaked out to the point where they spent like 3 months finding a plugin for pinbb to log who edited the word filters so they could find out who it was and take their powers

Meursault posted:

Also I guess this isn't really the thread for it but I Like How the D&D Preidenstal Horse Race Thread has slowly but surely become the Obamarama fundraiser thread and you're not allowed to discuss either candidate but every post is made from the shared assumption that We NEED to Get the 'Bama Reelected at Any Cost

they talked for like two pages the other day about the disparity in likes between the romney and obama facebook pages. mitt's goin DOWN you reTHUGlican regressives :smug:

discipline posted:

manning presents as a man and did not present as a woman before his arrest, did not change his name et al. and honestly hasn't been in a position to corroborate that identity either so no, I wouldn't let a transwoman who presents as male use a women's restroom and dragging out what is supposed to be a difficult and personal process (transitioning) into public discourse is pretty cynical and insensitive

hmm let's see here's someone who was imprisoned for revealing secrets that proved damaging to the US's public relations campaign, held in solitary confinement without access to counsel, tortured, and will most likely spend the rest of their life in prison. oh, and this person claims to be a transwoman? okay, whatever. but let's concentrate on the important thing: this fucker better not be using the women's bathroom.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]