Transient_Grace posted:

kinda like if ken's orgy & heroin buddies will show up for his shivaa and start talking about his sexcapades with his folks, you know goons, just cause some fella played spaceships with you doesn't mean he fucking wants it plastered on his tombstone. what the fuck happened to the average goon that they are emotionally so distant from the rest of humanity.

when i die in slapstick revolutionary struggle the only person who will actually turn up at my shiva is khamsek, who is coincidentally my sole orgy and heroin buddy. the whole ceremony is going to be gay internet forum themed. ive got it all planned out

u r gaey
hahahahaha i rly hope legions upon legions of fat unkempt eve online players descend on vilerat's funeral and creep out his family and make weird awkward passes at each other at the wake. and the coffin is in the shape of a spaceship and they knock over the tomb stone and erect one that says 'vile rat' on it and so on
I don't know why Vile Rat's death is affecting me the way it is. I've caught myself breaking down in tears seeing the tributes to him, even though I haven't played EVE in years, never met him in person, and never posted in D&D. But it is still sad to see the life of someone so committed to diplomacy cut short by people who don't believe in talking out differences. Goonspeed Vile Rat.
You see Mrs. Smith, it's an alternative operating system, kind of like a hip hop os
i hope a fight breaks out between the various guilds at vile rat's funeral and dozens are crushed in the resultant stampede. i hope vile rat's second in command in goonfleet sweatily offers his wife to take over his conjugal duties 'as is my right according to the laws of my home planet.' i hope his tiny children watch the entire revolting spectacle with a shock and dismay at their father's true nature that will one day make a few psychiatrists very rich. i hope scud missiles are launched at major american cities
"Mrs Smith, it was an honor serving with your husband"
"Thank you, were you also stationed in the bengazhi consulate?"
"No maam, I was his wingman when we broke the KIA alliance in the N-K4Q0 NPC constellation in Geminate back in ought seven."
"... I see"
i wanna go scuba diving
rip vile rat. he died as he lived: because of a dumb thing on the internet
the assumption that he worked for peace because he worked for a diplomatic agency is so incredibly absurd i don't even know where to begin.

HenryKrinkle posted:

the assumption that he worked for peace because he worked for a diplomatic agency is so incredibly absurd i don't even know where to begin.

hey, despite having all the privileges of being born an american and being a member of the goon elite this karmic-force-of-nature-personified actually went to another country that has slower bandwidth and interacted with people of races and islam. show some respect bra.

he ate some libyan food. show some respect
vile rat is a mild mannered space commander in the western galactic sector.... but with the power of entertainment technology, at night he takes on a fearsome & fantastic secret identity: shaun smith, last bastion of defence against the muslim hordes, protector of civilisation, maintainer of the it system
this is the funniest thing that has ever happened ever
its all downhill for humanity from here, this was our apex
vile rat lived a dangerous life. he had many enemies. to be honest, it was just a question of who would get to him first: the space demons of qonta'haeti sworn to avenge the destruction of their home planet or the angry populace of a country his employers had just dropped a shitload of munitions on
yall cruel summer just leaked in honor of his death. rip vilerat i am listening to mercy
in a sense i'm truly sorry about sean's departure, it made me realize how special and transient each goon death is, i'll miss sean's death when it's gone.
noice?
You know how I know, despite not having been aware of his existence until yesterday, that Vile Rat was both a good person and a good mod? Because this forum of idiot reactionary SA refugees is celebrating his death for being some kind of Kommissar of political correctness, mere hours after a different idiot leftie SA refugee was celebrating Vile Rat's death on Twitter for having committed crimes against political correctness.

HenryKrinkle posted:

*in a game

noice
What the fuck, middle east. Why are you such a goddamned shit-hole? Stop killing people because your invisible friend tells you to. Stop killing people because they killed your family and friends. Just stop killing people altogether and talk out your differences.
[account deactivated]
vilerats funeral is going to be packed full of weird ass goons talking about how even though they never talked to him theyve been in the fetal position crying for a week
i never met vilerat. i never talked to vilerat. ive never even heard of vilerat. ive been living in a cave for twenty years feeding off a mixture of toxic fungus and my own excrement. let me show you my secrets
Here in Alberta Canada rats are illegal and are immediately exterminated.
Vilerat would definately want you to apply. He had many positive experiences abroad that definately made him happy, and was always speaking of the possibilities - and eventual realities - of a Goon Consulate, surrounded by friends. Many others in the A/T thread will be glad to continue his tradition of helping you. I see in the EVE game, his attitude was not much different. (aside from blowing stuff up, which is always cool)
do you think in a few years ben affleck will make a sequel to argo based on sean smith's life. like obviously he'll only make islamic embassy attack movies from now on. he could rope matt damon into writing the script with him. good vile rat.
Convicted of mortgage fraud, he successfully petition to have his sentence commuted to service in the marines. Dan "The Dragon" Dargon thought that his life would be nothing from now on but mopping floors, cleaning equipment, and abusive drinking. However, in the wake of an attack at the Libyan Embassy, his unit was called in. This is a story of redemption, revenge, and really bad body choices.
Kinda feel like there should be a memorial service for all of us to attend, and not some fucking horrible virtual shit either.

Although we were only acquaintances and hadn't spoken in probably 3-4 years directly, I counted all the goons I played eve with among friends and.. shit, this just really fucks me up to lose someone as bright as him at a tragically young age.

Even with the above stated, I feel a kind of personal anger towards an as yet unknown enemy that I haven't felt from something like this since probably 9/11/01... I want to act out but there's nothing to be done.
goonfleet to battle stations

Keven posted:

Convicted of mortgage fraud, he successfully petition to have his sentence commuted to service in the marines. Dan "The Dragon" Dargon thought that his life would be nothing from now on but mopping floors, cleaning equipment, and abusive drinking. However, in the wake of an attack at the Libyan Embassy, his unit was called in. This is a story of redemption, revenge, and really bad body choices.

woooooooooooooot

BALLIN_LIKE_STALIN posted:

What the fuck, middle east. Why are you such a goddamned shit-hole? Stop killing people because your invisible friend tells you to. Stop killing people because they killed your family and friends. Just stop killing people altogether and talk out your differences.

oh ok, that makes sense i guess..

Transient_Grace posted:

Kinda feel like there should be a memorial service for all of us to attend, and not some fucking horrible virtual shit either.

Although we were only acquaintances and hadn't spoken in probably 3-4 years directly, I counted all the goons I played eve with among friends and.. shit, this just really fucks me up to lose someone as bright as him at a tragically young age.

Even with the above stated, I feel a kind of personal anger towards an as yet unknown enemy that I haven't felt from something like this since probably 9/11/01... I want to act out but there's nothing to be done.

someday i hope i'll be able to relate what it felt like when those PC towers fell
did someone post this yet

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidthier/2012/09/13/a-look-at-the-diplomatic-skills-of-sean-smith-aka-vile-rat/
I'm glad to see ultra-liberal nonviolence dogmatist racist Chocolate America is at it again:
Hey if you’re a wddp member and you laughed at, made fun of, or mocked vilerat’s death in any way, or said anything to the effect of “i’m glad he’s dead” then you can just unfriend me right now because you are worthless subhuman garbage and i want nothing more to do with you. i didn’t like him as a moderator and i hated his pro-imperialist ideology, but nobody deserves to die for their ideology. nobody deserves to be a widow or fatherless because of their support of an ideology. also i want to remind these same people that their primary contribution to making the world a better place is outwardly projecting their own self-loathing onto others on the internet (instead of, you know, overcoming their crippling fear of talking to other people, going outside, and getting involved with an organization that actually helps people)

and yes i have full rights to psycho-analyze people because i’ve actually spent a lot of time studying psychology and i’ve spent a lot of time in LF and wddp. the hyper-negativity, the self-loathing, and the sheer desperate desire to preserve whatever infinitessimal shred of self-esteem a poster may have at the expense of other people practicialy flies out of my monitor at light speed
every1 deserves to die for ideology, and ideally will.
[account deactivated]