[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
the version i have has pretty good (for the 70s) b&w illlustrations for some of the stories.
the best story is about a future with teleporters where everybody has polyamorous orgiastic family structures due to being in Argentina one minute, Sweden the next, and India the next.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
I'm an adult, speak for yourself.
sometimes Russ reminds of a whiny Tumblr post except the bullshit she is dealing with actually warrants it.
what's a good thing to read if I want to learn about how the soviet economy worked and what it did well vs what it didn't do well. Tia

tpaine posted:

roseweird posted:

hello hello we all must each and every one of us stop being big babies immediately, bless u babies. salut

thats a great pic until you realize that that cat is dead!!!

Gibbonstrength posted:

what's a good thing to read if I want to learn about how the soviet economy worked and what it did well vs what it didn't do well. Tia

i would also like to know this thing. what are the words to read to gain that knowledge

http://mccaine.org/2009/10/07/an-outline-of-the-economic-problems-in-the-history-of-the-soviet-unio/
http://mccaine.org/2013/01/30/on-communism-and-markets-a-reply-to-seth-ackerman/

idk if this is a good starting point but w/e.
[account deactivated]

Gibbonstrength posted:

russian for dummies by andrew/getty kaufman

HenryKrinkle posted:

ty henry this is cool

[account deactivated]

conec posted:

/me nr: walter rodney - how europe underdeveloped africa

/me nr: how donald underdeveloped adulthood

[account deactivated]
well theoretically i lived off earnings, student debt and scholarships until i was 28. then i assumed a series of bank debts to pay my bills for a while, and took another year of school. then i was supposed to go on disability but didn't for complicated reasons. so really my parents have only been paying for a few years. i just need to find a job and earn money and then move out of our heterosexual hell.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
thanks, conec. if anyone tells you to stop acting like a baby tell them "goo goo ga ga motherf*cker!"
everyone cries when they're born so technically we have all committed cunnilingus on our mothers. except caesarian kids like me, you perverts

littlegreenpills posted:

everyone cries when they're born so technically we have all committed cunnilingus on our mothers. except caesarian kids like me, you perverts

extrapolate this into an article for deadken's magazine!

I caesarian too
i was caesarian but it was more just god's will that i never touch a vagina.
i was artificial
being an independent adult is actually pretty "cool". id recommend trying it before its thrust upon you when your parents inevitably die. who knows, you just might like it!
its true, you can get job and never worry about having to make another decision for yourself ever again.
its true, you can get job and never worry about having to make another decision for yourself ever again.
dang i knew i liked this guy http://www.theonion.com/video/the-onion-looks-back-at-citizen-kane,35925/
i'm rereading the dog of the south

“This is the one you want. This is straight Dix. This is the book you want on your night table right beside your glass of water, With Wings as Eagles in the yellow cover. Dix was the greatest man of our time. He was truly a master of the arts, and some of the sciences too. He was the greatest writer who ever lived.”
“They say Shakespeare was the greatest writer who ever lived.”
“Dix puts William Shakespeare in the shithouse.”
“I’ve never heard of him. Where is he from?”
“He was from all over. He’s dead now. He’s buried in Ardmore, Oklahoma. He got his mail in Fort Worth, Texas.”
“Did he live in Fort Worth?”
“He lived all over. Do you know the Elk’s club in Shreveport?”
“No.”
“Not the new one. I’m not talking about the new lodge.”
“I don’t know anything about Shreveport.”
“Well, it doesn’t matter. It’s one of my great regrets that I never got to meet Dix. He died broke in a railroad hotel in Tulsa. The last thing he saw from his window is anyone’s guess. They never found his trunk, you know. He had a big tin trunk that was all tied up with wire and ropes and belts and straps, and he took it with him everywhere. They never found it. Nobody knows what happened to it. Nobody even knows what was in the trunk.”
“Well, his clothes, don’t you think?”
“No, he didn’t have any clothes to speak of. No change of clothes. His famous slippers of course.”
“His correspondence maybe.”
“He burned his letters unread. I don’t want to hear any more of your guesses. Do you think you’re going to hit on the answer right off? Smarter people than you have been studying this problem for years.”

“What does it take to keep you from attending church?”
“I go when I can.”
“A light rain?”
“I go when I can.”
“This ‘religious nature’ business reminds me of Reo, your man of science. He'll try to tell you that God is out there in the trees and grass somewhere. Some kind of force. That's pretty thin stuff if you ask me. And Father Jackie is not much better. He says God Is a perfect sphere. A ball, if you will.”
“There are many different opinions on the subject.”
“Did you suppose I didn't know that?”
“No, ma'am.”
“What about Heaven and Hell. Do you believe those places exist?”
“That's a hard one.”
“Not for me. How about you, Melba?”
“I would call it an easy one.”
“Well, I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised either way. I try not to think about it. It's just so odd to think that people are walking around in Heaven and Hell.”
“Yes, but it's odd to find ourselves walking around here too, isn't it?”
“That's true, Mrs. Symes.”

Reading J. Butler who is way more lucid than I was led to believe

SIG TEST