No thanks my moral compass indicates that I shouldn’t voyeuristically watch hopeless people get murdered

Ya that's why you don't watch them voyeuristically. It's a horrific self-education in the realities of civil war, and interethnic conflict.

There are some pretty spectacular fireworks of course. Seeing a russian tank get hit then burst into flames is amazing, it's like a volcano of fire just so much flame and explosions. And watching those rebels take down a SAA jet is inspiring. They're screaming allah ackbar at the top of their lungs just waiting for that far off poof of smoke to indicate they got the fucker that has been dropping bombs on civillians and then boom it's hit, you see the long black stream of smoke following the jet as it careens towards the ground for like a 2 minute dive before it finally hits the sand. Using a mass produced second-hand cold-war era MANPAD a group of teenage rebels succeeded in doing something that has saved many lives, cost the regime lots of money, and fulfilled the need for revenge on the mass murderers. Those guys are losing their minds in that video cheering things on, and it's because few of us ever get to do something so important in their lives. But they did. They saved lives and struck the first symbolic blow against the regime, as their success indicated the war may have reached a turning point. If Assad can't use his tanks and jets anymore, then he can't mass murder so effectively anymore. That shit matters, don't you want to watch history unfold?

Lmao
Are Freadom
what, where
i prefer to watch history expand, elongate, and achieve turgidity

G_Hosafat posted:

Ya that's why you don't watch them voyeuristically. It's a horrific self-education in the realities of civil war, and interethnic conflict.

There are some pretty spectacular fireworks of course.

war as spectacle is insanely my shit. i'm cross my fingers for north korea and their juche spirit!

jihad > juche
i feel pretty bad for assad, or more accurately, the alawites because if the sunni win there is gonna be some Retribution Paid upon them but then again sunni are the majority of population so I guess the Weight Of History/Demographics have determined it was time to end the minority rule

still feels weird to see french supported 'rebels' claim victories because you know in their ranks are quite a few people who really want to go Hutu on some Tutsi if ya know what i mean

edit: THe real question of the syrian conflict: Whats Gonna Happen With The Kurds

Edited by Scrree ()

i mean i know it's really gross how westerners will shape their opinions off brief visits to wikipedia and quick scans of the population % number without know jackshit about the greater conflict.

In Other News mccaine's interview is really funny because he says 'I'll try to be brief' and the next page is him talking but it is also pretty interesting as well so
is mccaine a pundit now and if so has jools provided any feedback on tihs yet
who cares waht the fuck jools thinks, i want to hear what redfiesta has to say about mccaine's punditry
What has he been punditing about

G_Hosafat posted:

No thanks my moral compass indicates that I shouldn’t voyeuristically watch hopeless people get murdered

yeah and me going to the strip club every night is an education in gender relations, NOTHING to do with voyeurism and lust, or bloodlust in your case.

G_Hosafat posted:

What has he been punditing about

value theory, cute boys.

I watch videos of huge warehouse accidents to educate myself on best practices for forklift operation
learn from this

[account deactivated]
you should come to california tpaine, we'll do some coke off a lacan book and fuck some homeless people after beating them up
[account deactivated]
No. It must only work one way.
still reading The Kingdom of God is Within You. while the religious/theological aspects were really cool his political theory is less... sensical? like he suggests that spiritually minded people act in accordance to their faith (so living communally, not paying taxes to fund an army, etc.) and so martyr themselves when the state tries to discipline them. Thus inspiring others to a christian state of mind, and then the upper classes will see the purity and simplicity of this life and abandon their lifestyle and power

well old man russia Tolstoy, here is a little refutation from old man germany Marx - "The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas."

but at the same time martyrdom is pretty vital for mass movements, so maybe the beardy koot knew more than I think. still, I'm not gonna live out my life thinking that the kochs just needs to take a look at my dirt shack to stop being such pricks.
I read the book :watch out for the goon squad" by jennifer egan. I have no comments on it at this time, or any other time. Good day.
Top of da mornin to ya Keven,

currehtly reeeadin Good Night, Teddy,Wild Animals (Touch and Feel), and Colors and Shapes

Regards,
http://www.mediaite.com/online/mother-of-slain-benghazi-officer-to-sean-hannity-they-want-me-to-shut-up/

vilerat's mom
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
let us not forget the laughable hannity girl pat smith

hmm well vilemom you raised him and he ended up a liberal goon moderator and video game diplomat and imperial lackey so maybe roll back the blame for his death a few years before obama or whatever
[account deactivated]
wait is vilemom's name patti smith

mom can you sing a cover that goes "because the night belongs to goonfleet"
[account deactivated]
itunes has patti smith's genre as "equine"
[account deactivated]
it was just a horses joke. i know nothing about patti smith.
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

they won't tell me what happened to my son.

ma'am...we've finally got clearance to tell you the truth behind your son's death.

oh my god. finally someone will talk to me. please tell me

ma'am, your son was engaged in themed EVE cybersex at the moment of his death, chatlogs of which have been excised from the official reports.

WHAT?

It's true ma'am. He in fact died with his pants down around his ankles. Were he not mid-thrust in matters of sexual espionage on behalf of goonfleet, he might have been able to flee the oncoming rockets which claimed his life.

SEAN WOULD NEVER--

I'm sorry ma'am. He was indeed textually copulating with a...putatively female member of a rival faction...putatively in order to learn secrets to benefit the goonswarm. the angle of repose of his corpse indicates that he was hurriedly pulling up his pants. we have seen this before ma'am, especially young men on assigment in foreign countries.

THIS IS A JOKE!! YOU CAN'T BE

Yes ma'am this is a joke. SOMETHING AWFUL DOT COM!! *sprays vilerat's mom in the face with water squirter* PENIS IN EAR = DANCE ALL NIGHT! I CALL SHENANIGANS! SEX WITH OSTRICHES! CLOWNBALLOON IS WATCHING YOU!!

*sobs*

did vilerat die in benghazi now
In anime news. To whomever recommended Aku No Hana itt, that shit is literally lf the manga. Especially the fascist literature crew but all of us resemble the main dude.
BabyFinland would be happy to read something that calls those obsessed with politics and philosophy perverts. Of course he was the biggest pervert of us all. RIP in peace

babyhueypnewton posted:

In anime news. To whomever recommended Aku No Hana itt, that shit is literally lf the manga. Especially the fascist literature crew but all of us resemble the main dude.

please write an extended review

iain m banks will be dead in a few months. fuck everything. my marxoteen soul cries out