if on a winters night etc. i was grinnin ear to ear by the last page

but i read invisible cities a few weeks ago too.

MadMedico posted:

Why does everybody on this forum think we care about their twitter bullshit

I like Glt twitter antic

tentativelurkeraccount posted:

if on a winters night etc. i was grinnin ear to ear by the last page

i shall read this, thx

finally got around to reading death and life of great american cities, i look forward to finding some critiques after i finish but so far , she's a very perceptive lady

[account deactivated]
The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics, and Postwork Imaginaries (a John Hope Franklin Center Book)

stegosaurus posted:

The Problem with Work: Feminism, Marxism, Antiwork Politics, and Postwork Imaginaries (a John Hope Franklin Center Book)

That's four problems with Work steg

never pork

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

stegosaurus posted:

That's four problems with Work steg

damn you're right.... I just stopped reading it.

lol
Immper what do you think about the books republished under the New York Review of Books Classics imprint?

MadMedico posted:

Immper what do you think about the books republished under the New York Review of Books Classics imprint?

David Graeber's essay on bureaucracy and structural violence is real short + interesting + free: http://libcom.org/files/20060525-Graeber.pdf plus you know your always up for a bit of the graeb eh?

the terminally oppressed empathizing with their masters who don't give a fuck - it's funny in a sad way

Edited by Scrree ()

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i'm reading No Longer Human by osamu dazai. it reminds me of Notes From the Underground in that it's about a horrible pathetic being that you can't help but find in yourself similar qualities. it's cool that he became a communist for laughs. i like it so far

Scrree posted:

David Graeber's essay on bureaucracy and structural violence is real short + interesting + free: http://libcom.org/files/20060525-Graeber.pdf plus you know your always up for a bit of the graeb eh?

the terminally oppressed empathizing with their masters who don't give a fuck - it's funny in a sad way

did u know, he's accepted a prof of anthropology position at LSE? anarchists teaching bankers, dogs sleeping with cats etc

is that where mccaine goes?

tpaine posted:

the critic >>>>>> simpsons

MadMedico posted:

they're generally really good. they published stefan zweig and gregor von rezzori, both of whom are really great. i have al ot of their books. my love interest likes the small type in them

Hitler posted:

i'm reading No Longer Human by osamu dazai. it reminds me of Notes From the Underground in that it's about a horrible pathetic being that you can't help but find in yourself similar qualities. it's cool that he became a communist for laughs. i like it so far

yes hitler, this is a kewl book, i'm not surprised you found similarities in the main character

[account deactivated]

[account deactivated]
Impper have you read Kaputt? NYRB is goig tor reissue curzio malaparte's The Skinn
I'm reading David grabber finally. cool dude, that grabber
http://www.channel4.com/news/brown-moses-blog-syria-arms-weapons-croatia

MadMedico posted:

Impper have you read Kaputt? NYRB is goig tor reissue curzio malaparte's The Skinn

no, but thanks for the rec. this shit is rite up my alley

films are like books

and I watched Spring Breakers.

it felt like the most authentic and appropriate depiction of late capitalism possible, and I hope future generations get to see it. no characters, no progression, no point. just one long visual nothing. kind of amazing really
[account deactivated]
It looks like they had SoFlo neon Pussy Riots and gun violence and 2012 all mixed up in a blender and then poured into your moviecup.

I am reading Dune: The Battle of Corrin . It is not a good book, I am ashamed to be reading it, and it reads like some condescending parody of science fiction.

And a million articles about Syria. Check out the prisoner torture/execution videos on youtube hey they're crazy, like, really really crazy. Civil War is pretty horrifying and chaotic it turns out, and its great that we have politicians who want to send those people a whole bunch of weapons and then even drop a bunch of americans right in the middle of all that to see what they can do with the situation. Good stuff, I bet.
disciplines critical geography of the Internet is oddly autobiographical but im enjoying it anyway

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
link to discpilines internet essay
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

G_Hosafat posted:

And a million articles about Syria. Check out the prisoner torture/execution videos on youtube

No thanks my moral compass indicates that I shouldn’t voyeuristically watch hopeless people get murdered

[account deactivated]