*logging on*

oh! a new cars post! :-D

oh, it's in the star trek thread. >:-(
*logging on*

oh! a new cars post! :-D

oh! it's in the star trek thread! >:-)
*logging off* oh..
Deep space nine is now anime. The other Star Trek shows and movies are still not anime but no one knows what the future holds, for Star Trek.
Is deep space nein worth watching if you enjoyed TNG?
Yes, I like Next Generation fine but Deep Space Nine is a better use of the same general setting in pretty much every way
Bold move to show New York City as part of slave-dependent dystopia The Dominion but I have to respect it.

Populares posted:

Is deep space nein worth watching if you enjoyed TNG?

yes, it took the best elements of tng and the best characters of tng and put them into an infinitely superior show

I harsh on Trek a lot and even I like DS9

cars posted:

Bold move to show New York City as part of slave-dependent dystopia The Dominion but I have to respect it.

Similar setup

cars posted:

so i've been trying to get through Star Trek: Enterprise recently

being the post 9/11 show, it was understandably ramped up with all the americana bullshit, as the title sequence and absurd theme music indicates

interestingly, they changed the title sequence for a two-part special set in the mirror universe (EARTH BAD GUYS)

the imagery drops the americana shit for Stuka dive-bombers and various Soviet aircraft, including the MiG-25/MiG-31, T-72 tanks, and Buk SAMs

enterprise gets fun starting third season when they remake Voyager but about 9/11 and it’s still better than Voyager
starting with season 3, the first half of the “they will cancel Star Trek forever if you don’t watch us” double header, Enterprise suddenly has editing like a TV drama of its era instead of a mannered mid-90s holdover, it’s pretty funny if you’re binging it now. Like when they go to commercial they phase out the fade to black. facts about things with your posting buddy cars
That reminds me of a relative who was in the Star Trek fan club in the 60s and still has some of the newsletters, and it's fun reading them because it's Roddenberry writing a hurried plea to fans to harangue the studio bosses before they shitcanned his ass along with mail-order lists of episode scripts. Not a lot of merch except for that and an IDIC badge stamped out of sheet metal.