trump is gaddis' JR all grown up

blinkandwheeze posted:

oh yeah i'm not saying industrial music cultures are free of fascist / reactionary presence but like lo said it's more of a coin flip. Whereas when the people in these scenes who start appealing to pre-blues melodic traditions there is a roughly 100% likelihood of them being a holocaust denier

i think you were earlier responding to me as though i was claiming that we all needed to be gay elves, or something, and this also might be partially a response to me as if i was saying only pure white non-blues music is human but i didn't say that and you are again incredibly tediously assuming the person you're talking to has exactly the opinions you hate so you can super own them woo awesome internet.

i was trying to say that noise is bourgeois masturbatory garbage, not that blues or its descendants are bad.

otoh I don't have a music theory degree so imagining that music in which you can tell a human was involved in its creation is better and less alienating is apparently an invalid opinion
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Yeah there's a lot of noise dudes who are just weirdos who live in the middle of nowhere and work part time at a gas station or whatever
please limit music chat to the music thread so we can keep containment and return this thread to...whatever topic it was originally about

drwhat posted:

blinkandwheeze posted:

oh yeah i'm not saying industrial music cultures are free of fascist / reactionary presence but like lo said it's more of a coin flip. Whereas when the people in these scenes who start appealing to pre-blues melodic traditions there is a roughly 100% likelihood of them being a holocaust denier

i think you were earlier responding to me as though i was claiming that we all needed to be gay elves, or something, and this also might be partially a response to me as if i was saying only pure white non-blues music is human but i didn't say that and you are again incredibly tediously assuming the person you're talking to has exactly the opinions you hate so you can super own them woo awesome internet.

i was trying to say that noise is bourgeois masturbatory garbage, not that blues or its descendants are bad.

hes saying that neofolk, which is a wierd nostalgic thing mostly made up of fascists, is fascist. i dont really think you should be talking about what noise is when it seems pretty clear that you dont know much about it.

theres a bunch of noise that is working class and involves more than one person so this is a bunch of uninformed speculative bullshit anyway lol

drwhat posted:

that post had nothing to do with you i was just talking about neofolk.

say what you want about george w. bush but at least he would never give corrupt no-bid rebuilding contracts to politically connected cronies
i like the liberals who are aware enough to be upset about the rejuvenation of the george w brand but dont have a long enough memory to remember that the same thing happened to reagan and also to nixon. evil + time = wistful nostalgia. when president rock leads the charge to repeal the 13th amendment, people will be talking about how at least trump's racism was hidden behind dogwhistles and he definitely deserves his name on that aircraft carrier

TG posted:

please limit music chat to the music thread so we can keep containment and return this thread to...whatever topic it was originally about

pol pot

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

More store closings have been announced in 2017 than any other year on record.
Since January 1, retailers have announced plans to shutter more than 6,700 stores in the U.S., according to Fung Global Retail & Technology, a retail think tank.
That beats the previous all-time high of 6,163 store closings, which hit in 2008 amid the financial meltdown, according to Credit Suisse (CS).

jeff bezos is the richest man in the world

so it turns out i was wrong about the Democrats sitting on the pee pee file until the intelligence community got mad and decided to use it. it turns out all of that happened and the Democrats funded that level of sheer insane oppo incompetence in the first place, mea culpa
here's a fun picture of CNN having a panic attack today over it

the new moderate rebels ep on the fictitious nature of russiagate is really good, also they just kind of offhandedly mention that the US pushes nazi propaganda about the soviet union to further its agenda, none of them will ever work again lmfao

https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebelsradio/episode-8-puppy-memes-pokemon-russiagate-aaron-mate

shriekingviolet posted:

the new moderate rebels ep on the fictitious nature of russiagate is really good, also they just kind of offhandedly mention that the US pushes nazi propaganda about the soviet union to further its agenda, none of them will ever work again lmfao

https://soundcloud.com/moderaterebelsradio/episode-8-puppy-memes-pokemon-russiagate-aaron-mate

this is good but uh mueller filed charges yesterday. like i don't think it's going to finally BRING DOWN DRUMPFH but it seems implausible to assume that all of the mutant dipshits around him are clean of criminality, even if it really isn't linked to russia

i mean yeah, of course there's rampant criminality, and it would be great to have it exposed and for there to be consequences. it just remains to be seen whether we'll get an account of the actual real criminality that is at the heart of the US infrastructure and serves/directs its bipartisan interests (unlikely,) or a completely insane fairy tale about cartoonish soviet mind control conspiracies. guess which one would be more convenient for everyone powerful??
right, that has always been my objection and it's been heightened recently by these idiot libs who have been more open about asserting that every left cause over the last five years was a russian plot
i've been reading white nationalists on the internet my entire adult life but reading about how irl nazis infiltrate and try to pull guys into their ideology at everything from rock concerts to internet forums has really underscored what i think is an under-discussed point, which is just how fundamentally stupid these guys are. basically you meet a skinhead at a concert and he slowly grooms you and others to accept the ideology and then go out and recruit others under you. basically every one of these guys got roped into a multi-level marketing scheme that has no monetary incentive and the public-relations image of "Naziism"
[account deactivated]
i believe there are points of light that justify us as a species, such as the genius and kindness required to invent endless shrimp
also robert altman's films

i googled it and there's no news articles about him being arrested at the time. he flipped instantly and trump probably had no idea lol
major development in the russian hacking case this morning
what are you referring to? not the manafort indictment?
what is going on here. is it a joke? have i been owned?
did someone just get owned itt?

shriekingviolet posted:

i mean yeah, of course there's rampant criminality, and it would be great to have it exposed and for there to be consequences. it just remains to be seen whether we'll get an account of the actual real criminality that is at the heart of the US infrastructure and serves/directs its bipartisan interests (unlikely,) or a completely insane fairy tale about cartoonish soviet mind control conspiracies. guess which one would be more convenient for everyone powerful??

yeah, the Mueller investigation is almost certainly going to uncover a bunch of criminal activity by the very fact that DC is filled to the brim with "advisors" and "consultants" lobbying for foreign governments, you can barely walk 5 yard without coming across some retired State Dept guy who would love to talk to you about easing some restrictions on Kazakh mining exports and just happened to sign a 2 year lease on a nice penthouse

not that it would ever happen, but if some wacky set of circumstances lead to liberals believing that Saudi Arabia or Turkey stole the 2020 election, and some federal prosecutor had an open-ended mandate to investigate, there would be a WHOLE lot of sweatin' on the Beltway

[account deactivated]
is KKKlanada ever going to be made to answer for its unconscionable meddling in American politics and extensive disinformation campaigns? aside from an admittedly impressive collection of 80s-era Bromley repro skull masks that U.S. special forces have reportedly lauded as "insanely badass", canada's greatest contribution to global imperialism is rehabilitated Nazi fan-fiction and unfortunately i've been told that this stuff is far too sophisticated to be reliably censored by google. these people are right next door and its wreaking havoc on The Discourse
https://newrepublic.com/article/145659/dnc-broken?utm_source=social&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=sharebtn

We knew, too, that consultants grip the party tight, that they are increasingly at odds with the party’s base, and that they are not very good at winning elections. “The ‘election industrial complex’ is spending millions of dollars, and are not putting our money where our people are,” Jessica Byrd of Three Point Strategies told Fortune in July 2016. But instead of punishing failure, and thus creating some measure of accountability, Democrats continue to funnel money to outfits like Mothership Strategies, whose notoriously hyperbolic email fundraising strategies have little success to recommend them, and Precision Strategies. More recently, the party ostensibly “fired” its top fundraiser, Emily Mellencamp Smith, for poor performance, only to keep her on in a consulting capacity.

Clinton herself helped establish this pattern, with her never-changing inner circle. Nobody flunks out, and the consultant class self-perpetuates. The most glaring consultant sin, however, is the slow gasping death of Obama for America, the grassroots organization that emerged from Obama’s successful presidential bids. It languished and eventually died under consultant control, a sort of negligent homicide that botched a key chance for the party to build a viable political movement.

Meanwhile, the party’s state branches wither. The Joint Fundraising Agreement simply reflected the party’s existing political priorities; it has entrenched itself in states it believes it can win, while writing off more conservative states. It surrendered state legislatures while keeping Barack Obama in office for eight years. As important as the White House is, it’s impossible for the party to govern effectively as long as the far-right controls most state legislature seats.
oh my god i loved that bit on the podcast, the video version is precious

You know I used to joke about how Captain Planet villains were all bizarre motiveless psycopaths doing things for no real reason at all (I'll pour poison into this river! Mwahahaha!) in order to disconnect them from actual polluting practices of industry that might wind up genuinely critiquing capitalism's environmental impact.

And yet here we are. The chairman of the EPA is a literal cartoon.