drwhat posted:

i just had this depressing realization that when the 4th reich starts going full swing & in public, most liberal white people won't notice the difference and still will just listen to their podcasts and post on twitter and watch vice documentaries and occasionally post online

it must have been weird posting here for you up to this point

Clinton Spokesman: "Reagan would be ashamed" at Trump's anti-NATO comments

Edited by le_nelson_mandela_face ()

cars posted:

drwhat posted:
i just had this depressing realization that when the 4th reich starts going full swing & in public, most liberal white people won't notice the difference and still will just listen to their podcasts and post on twitter and watch vice documentaries and occasionally post online

it must have been weird posting here for you up to this point

what i wrote was really naive and facile, i don't think i expressed the feeling i had really clearly, but -- like -- i just sort of hit a point today where i was completely bowled over by the sheer volume of bullshit and bad news and also the fact that everyone can just ... walk around in their everyday lives and keep playing pokemon go. and they will keep doing it. and keep watching cnn and keep doing all the same things, every day, while the political-social equivalent of entire bus-sized concrete chunks of skyscrapers are sloughing off all and crashing into the pavement all around them. like i want to shake every person simultaneously and say HOW CAN YOU THINK ABOUT ANYTHING ELSE? HOW BAD DOES IT HAVE TO GET? WHAT IS THE FUCKING LINE?

but there is no line, apparently, just this whole class of vegetative motherfuckers that just get swept along by the currents of whatever is happening, and will always. it just underscores the importance of vanguards i guess. but it fucking blows my mind sometimes

[account deactivated]
Sig! Hi! Howzitgoin!
Why has everyone decided to live their lives instead of feeling really bad all the time. What's wrong with these vegetative mother fuckers
hahaha, lol, ironic mocking of someone writing about feeling frustrated at literal Nazis and state sanctioned random murder. that's the kind of fresh new humour and hot take we're looking for at the rhizzone.net comedy club, no holds barred, real edges that make people think. you'll be famous one day with those expertly honed laff skills
I, for one, have cultivated the intense level of self discipline that allows me to live my life AND feel really bad all the time
Trumps speech got leaked and it's crazy fascist . He's going to win lol

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

http://gawker.com/leaked-text-of-donald-trumps-rnc-acceptance-speech-1784071567 posted:

These are Donald Trump’s prepared remarks for his appearance at the Republican National Convention, as obtained by Gawker Thursday evening:

I don’t know how you do it. I’ve put together some really impressive deals, but this thing you’ve pulled off—

(Trump lifts the Big N’ Tasty)

—it’s amazing. A Big N’ Tasty for just a dollar? How do you do it, what’s your secret?

(Grimace blinks blankly)

Mm-hmm.

VOICEOVER: Got a buck? You’re in luck! Because you can get a delicious, beefy Big N’ Tasty, a McChicken sandwich and lots of your other favorites on McDonald’s dollar menu, every day.

(Trump looks out the window of Trump Tower and embraces Grimace)

Together, Grimace, we could own this town.

[account deactivated]
he's americannazbro. it all makes sense.
Jerry Falwell Jr just called Trump the "blue collar billionaire"
Now they have a black man screaming that ALL LIVES MATTER
the online liberal army forgot that pictures of candidates eating mcdonald's is always good publicity for them in the united states and it's pretty lol. they turned their sites into blm story factories months ago to avoid writing about foreign policy altogether, also pretty lmao and lol

cars posted:

the online liberal army forgot that pictures of candidates eating mcdonald's is always good publicity for them in the united states and it's pretty lol. they turned their sites into blm story factories months ago to avoid writing about foreign policy altogether, also pretty lmao and lol

They still think mocking trump is an effective strategy to defeat him when all it really tells his working class supporters is that New York liberal trust fund kids don't understand or care about them, which is extremely true

i wonder if that cross she's wearing as she heils hitler will burn her up in hell like an indiana jones crate
zucBfXpCA6s

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

Gotta agree. It's actually a pretty good speech for an american nazi orange clown man. There are some fairly savage vilerat assisted burns in there too. (Those differ from normal vilerat burns in that there's no risk of toxic fumes from combusting ink and video game paraphernalia.)

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

glomper_stomper posted:

MarxUltor posted:

Gotta agree. It's actually a pretty good speech for an american nazi orange clown man. There are some fairly savage vilerat assisted burns in there too. (Those differ from normal vilerat burns in that there's no risk of toxic fumes from combusting ink and video game paraphernalia.)

i tried imagining it being spoken in reagan's voice, then nixon's voice, to try to figure out if it was just standard law-and-order republican bullshit. it wasn't happening.

the content isn't particularly new but the form is trump.

and it's happening.

Try reading it in Obama's voice. It works fucking perfectly

The Young Turks having a bad day
at 1:36 you can see alleged comedian Jimmy Dore morph into rodent form and use a spit attack that was not effective

tpaine posted:

glomper_stomper posted:

why is he talking about eating hair again...

i'm reading SA posters get wienery about a latuff cartoon on hillary's emails. they're like a sore in my mouth i can't stop fussing with

some wiener posted:

A shitshow. That's all this was, a shitshow.

To be honest, I do not know how anyone takes this man seriously. He actually is a comic book villain, working with Russia, siding with North Korea against our allies, and willing to set the world on fire because of the fact that he got proven wrong about a dude's birth certificate.

I can not make this shit up. Manafort has deep ties to Russian Politics, advocating on behalf of Viktor Yanukovich. Newt Gingrich called one of our most reliable NATO allies 'a suburb of St. Petersberg'. Trump himself said that Korea would be unified if we were not there, and has shit all over NATO and the security it provides not only to our partners but to world stability as a whole, including the price paid in blood by our NATO partners in Afghanistan and Africa.

That's even before the shitshow that was the convention. Plagarized speeches, meandering talking points, zero clarity on his plans moving forward, a literal televised court calling for the imprisonment of political rivals, and the worst, most dull and boring poo poo inbetween. It was the political theater equivalent of a trainwreck, with all the cars holding manure.

And his final speech was the primary run condensed into 75 min of rambling, meaningless buzzwords. Not a single moment of clarity, of realization. Just consistent banging on the monolith, calling for the blood of his enemies.

The scope of it would be awe-inspiring if it was not so nauseous. A petty feud writ large, outlined in tiny handprints and the failed birther movement, that threatens to burn the world.

fuck 2016.

OUR ALLIES who paid A PRICE IN BLOOD in afganistan and africa lmao

Ein Preis in Blut

glomper_stomper posted:

http://www.vox.com/2016/7/21/12253426/donald-trump-acceptance-speech-transcript-republican-nomination-transcript

My message is that things have to change – and they have to change right now.

Every day I wake up determined to deliver for the people I have met all across this nation that have been neglected, ignored, and abandoned.

I have visited the laid-off factory workers, and the communities crushed by our horrible and unfair trade deals.

These are the forgotten men and women of our country. People who work hard but no longer have a voice.

I AM YOUR VOICE.

meanwhile, from the liberal class:
Obama: Trump's doom-and-gloom doesn't match reality
CNN - 8 minutes ago

here's the coalition forces' price in blood in africa

Military losses on the coalition side

22 March: One USAF F-15E flying from Aviano crashed in Bu Marim, northwest of Benghazi. The pilot was rescued alive by US Marines from the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit based on the USS Kearsarge. The weapons systems officer evaded hostile forces and was subsequently repatriated by undisclosed forces. The aircraft crashed due to a mechanical failure. The rescue operation involved two Bell-Boeing V-22 Osprey aircraft, two Sikorsky CH-53 Sea Stallion helicopters, and two McDonnell Douglas AV-8B Harrier II aircraft, all launched from the USS Kearsarge. The operation involved the Harriers' dropping 227 kg (500 lb) bombs and strafing the area around the crash site before an Osprey recovered at least one of the downed aircraft's crew; injuring six local civilians in the process.

27 April: An F-16 from the United Arab Emirates Air Force crashed at Naval Air Station Sigonella at about 11:35 local time; the pilot ejected safely. The aircraft was confirmed to be from the UAE by the country's General Command of the armed forces, and had been arriving from Sardinia when it crashed.

21 June: An unmanned US Navy MQ-8 Fire Scout went down over Libya, possibly due to enemy fire. NATO confirmed that they lost radar contact with the unmanned helicopter as it was performing an intelligence and reconnaissance mission near Zliten. NATO began investigating the crash shortly after it occurred. On 5 August, it was announced that the investigation had concluded that the cause of the crash was probably enemy fire; with operator or mechanical failure ruled out and the inability of investigators to access the crash site the "logical conclusion" was that the aircraft had been shot down.

20 July: A British airman was killed in a traffic accident in Italy while part of a logistical convoy transferring supplies from the UK to NATO bases in the south of Italy from which air strikes were being conducted against Libya.
-two americans who crashed due to mechanical failure and were rescued unharmed
-a non-NATO pilot who fucked up his landing and crashed, unharmed
-a drone that probably got shot down
-a british airman who died in a traffic accident

VtVQWY_F2Yc
[account deactivated]