I know more liberals than racists so I'd get a lot more schadenfreude from a Hillary loss, but I'm still undecided as to whether that's the most important factor in an election. Maybe.
pokemon go to the polls!
pokemon Go.....to the polls!
pokemon GO, to the polls!
pokemon Gotothepolls!

any cadence is terrible
meanwhile kasich is still mousing around saying cutesy coy things about his campaign still being "suspended" rather than over & proving my dumpster thesis about the republicans right, while trump's republican opponents continue to accidentally promote him with things like saying his least popular ideas will never be implemented and having someone with "bush" in their name saying he won't vote for trump. delicious

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

pokemon go to the polls!
pokemon Go.....to the polls!
pokemon GO, to the polls!
pokemon Gotothepolls!

any cadence is terrible

it's like that last airbender joke you tried, i couldn't make it work either. pretty fucked up if you ask me.

pokemon gggooOOOooOo to the pooollllsss

ilmdge posted:

Yeah the only sane thing for holdouts to do now is to parrot the Hillary Clinton line on Bobby Kennedy

wow. reported to the SS(secret service)

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

someone tell her there's no corporate cash pokemon

well i'll be shitfucked, you're right

the one thing hillary clinton doesn't do for money and it's play pokemon
herman cain was truly ahead of his time

cars posted:

tpaine posted:

someone tell her there's no corporate cash pokemon

well i'll be shitfucked, you're right

The japanese are really sharp, they know how to hide their corruption

The inscrutable ways of the orient... So mysterious...
welp trump selected his vp as someone who describes himself as "rush limbaugh on decaf" lmao
trump's vp choice is an iraq war supporter, goondolences bhpn

i'm voting for trump

you should vote for teh green or pissle ladies

Panopticon posted:

i'm voting for trump

you should vote for teh green or pissle ladies

i want the world to end tho

hilary is vetting military dudes to be her vp. god damn ww3 is gonna be so soon
[account deactivated]
she should pick jill stein so i can watch the remaining bernie people im friends with on facebook completely lose their minds
but she's either gonna pick a general to cast it as an apolitical/centrist pick of someone who Can Get Things Done; or someone like cory booker to really lock down black voters & he can speak fluent spanish and he's still pretty much a centrist neoliberal

but then again i might be overthinking it and it'll just be tim kaine cuz hes the party insider
it's probably going to be "stop attacking private equity" cory booker tho lol
she'll pick evilweasel

aerdil posted:

someone like cory booker to really lock down black voters & he can speak fluent spanish and he's still pretty much a centrist neoliberal

The fact that a member of Chabad can sell himself as a centrist just by promoting neoliberal values tells you a lot about the state of bourgeois democracy

EmanuelaBrolandi posted:

hilary is vetting military dudes to be her vp. god damn ww3 is gonna be so soon

i've already accepted this. i tell every child i meet to get ready to fight in trenches against chinese and ISIS. i'll be alright, i'll get a very well paying career as an officer doing psy-ops

http://twitter.com/ShaneGoldmacher/status/753968154225811457

Hahaha. "Oh, Trumsp campaign didn't spend fifty thousand dollars paying people to social media the living shit out of this announcement? As if it's just "free" to use Twitter?! How did anyone find out about this news if they didnt camp on domains, issue backdoor releases, update the webring, put the speechs on soundcloud for the noise musicians to remix????"
there is a bunch of writing on the left about how people aren't really invested in Jeremy Corbyn the person, he's not that great, he isn't really the point at all, it's more of a symbolic everyman(ontheleft) representation of a group of people, it's actually great that it isn't really about him as an individual, blah blah blah

but isn't this the exact same situation for Trump, isn't it? liberals are constantly losing their shit every day addressing him as a person, talking about how dumb he is or how terrible his ideas are, lol he contradicts himself, etc etc, but i don't think i've seen one serious liberal piece of writing that addresses the fact that he isn't actually the point, his voters aren't voting for Trump As A Person, even though he is a ridiculous phenomenon/joke of a person, it's like liberals can't pierce through that veil into understanding the wider rational choice of voting for the candidate who is essentially representing the "everything is fucked and every way that anyone has ever addressed anything is fucked and fuck them", the complete dissatisfaction with the status quo in every way.

every moment that liberals spend laughing about how much he sucks or how stupid it all is, he just grows in power, like some comic mutant supervillain that feeds on liberal smugness.

it's perfect, it's exactly what this whole system of shit deserves. deep in their hearts and minds, subconsciously, every trump voter is an accelerationist. and they will win.

aerdil posted:

but then again i might be overthinking it and it'll just be tim kaine cuz hes the party insider

i bet this is it.

[account deactivated]
only comment would be that i think it's more accurate to think of the nazis as a movement of part of the bourgeoisie against another rather than a ground-swell of the petits.
[account deactivated]
This is about the Republicans at the convention this week, but this exact thing is happening with Labour and Corbyn, with "representatives" desperately trying to rewrite all the rules of their party so that the members' votes can be ignored

An estimated 400 rebel delegates were pushing for a rules amendment to allow them to "vote their conscience," the end result being that delegates would not be bound to a candidate. It was a last-ditch effort to block Trump from the nomination on the first ballot. So-called "conscience" voters argue they should instead be free to vote for anyone they wish.

The scheme is running on fumes, following a devastating defeat in a rules committee vote on Thursday. But the #NeverTrump camp is nevertheless pressing ahead, and Monday at 2 p.m. is the deadline to revive the effort.

If those in favour of unbinding delegates can get 28 members of the rules committee to publicly support it before then, it would trigger a "minority report." The proposal would then go to a vote on the convention floor before all delegates.

"This game just got very interesting," said Kendal Unruh, founder of Free the Delegates.

glomper_stomper posted:

marxists should start to seriously study the events of the past decade and a half and actually attempt to explain our present conditions without stooping to the spectacle of it all.

yes, i agree, i am terrible at this these days.

btw this was overall a really great post

i guess these people who are trying to subvert democracy justify themselves by saying they're doing it for the good of the party. "trump is not electable," cry the same ascended collective of Nostradami who have been predicting he would lose any day now for the last 11 months
democracy is too important to leave in the hands of the voters
vilerat's mom is giving a speech at the RNC right now.
[account deactivated]
The death of some dude you know from the internet making it slightly more likely for trump to be president. Tell yourself that ten years ago

HenryKrinkle posted:

vilerat's mom is giving a speech at the RNC right now.

i saw someone on twitter posting about this and i thought it was a joke. 2016 is getting to be too much for me.

she got a fair amount of press attention for a while, it's weird that I can say that I heard vilerat's mom's voice for the first time years ago, talking about asking the president and co. why her son had to die while i fought to restrain my laughter at the thought of everything to do with the deceased moron in question