*shrieks* DIE MCNOODLES EIN AFTENSCHALFBRUNER GEFEZEINWWEIT AUF LEIBENWALTZ!!!

_______/

How long after the McRib is "back" before it's no longer back and just "here"
[account deactivated]
So it goes straight from 'back' to 'gone' with no time in between to just like.... be
[account deactivated]
Or I guess, more accurately, it goes from "back" to "will be back"
[account deactivated]

Meursault posted:

Or I guess, more accurately, it goes from "back" to "will be back"

can we please continue with this discussion on the existential nature of the mcrib

http://www.etsy.com/listing/92511508/mcdonalds-mcrib-earrings
[account deactivated]
variable-ratio reinforcement schedule marketing is the future. imagine a mcrib jamming itself into a human face, forever
went to the doctor today; had to ask someone about the blood in my stool, especially since its more blood than stool lately. he somehow guessed ive been eating McRibs for most meals for the last few weeks and told me to stop. he said it also might have something to do with my toenails falling off and all of these boils

yeah right doc. the McRib is Back!
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

In what appears to be a case of real life imitating The Simpsons, the McDonald's corporation had its advertising agency create a fake organization, The Boneless Pig Farmers Association of America, as part of an effort to get the public to petition to save the McRib sandwich. As you may recall, in the episode "I'm Spelling as Fast as I Can,"
Krusty Burger released a "Ribwich" sandwich, but only on a temporary basis:

Krusty: Listen, about the Ribwich. We won't be making them anymore. The animal we made them from is now extinct.
Homer: The pig?
Otto: The cow?
Krusty: You're way off. Think smaller...think more legs.

The farewell tour for the fictional (and presumably insect-derived) Ribwich was 'borrowed' by McDonald's for its viral marketing campaign to create buzz about the McRib. It was a surprise to me to learn that the McRib sandwich, with its pressed-on 'bones', really does seem to have a cult-like following. There's a pretty interesting article in the Columbia Missourian (here) speculating about what's in the McRib and addressing its mysterious appearance and disappearance, in case you want to know more. A blogger "deconstructs" the McRib here, with photos and ingredient lists. Finally, if you are really bored, the BPFAA has a myspace page, with suspiciously few friends. Perhaps the McRib isn't really all that popular, or, alternatively, its consumers aren't online all that much. I, of course, can't believe I just spent fifteen minutes of my life writing about the McRib...

[account deactivated]
A top tier fast food sandwich
[account deactivated]
protip: you can bake buns and also cook ribs, and then put the rib meat in a bun, for a taste sensation that's sure to please
protip: you can go to mcdonalds and buy a mcrib
protip: https://www.google.com/search?q=answer%20to%20life%20the%20universe%20and%20everything&start=0&spell=1
new mcdonaldland character: Lone Pickle, dresses in pleated khakis and blue dress shirt, has a comb-over which reminds him of his inevitable demise/removal from the menu, married/divorced to Birdie the Early Bird, sporadically vomits vinegar
the cool thing about the mcrib is that you can buy enough of tehm that you have enough to eat one every day while you wait for It to be Back and when It comes Back the ones you have stored will still be good
[account deactivated]

karphead posted:

new mcdonaldland character: Lone Pickle, dresses in pleated khakis and blue dress shirt, has a comb-over which reminds him of his inevitable demise/removal from the menu, married/divorced to Birdie the Early Bird, sporadically vomits vinegar

this reminds me of one of my favourite revolutionaries, hamburglar

drwhat posted:

karphead posted:

this reminds me of one of my favourite revolutionaries, hamburglar

rebel, rebel

McDonalds is selling these now here, probably one of the most fascist products I’ve seen

LOVE AUSTRALIA CUNT!
its missing a comma clearly. love, australia! as jesus christ commands

deadken posted:

its missing a comma clearly. love, australia! as jesus christ commands

yrah, i've been thinking a lot about commas lately...

i've been thinking about comas, as in wouldn't it be nice to be in one, lately
[account deactivated]
http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-cant-wait-to-wake-up-and-start-eating-again,30884/
the mcrib is probably the most successful viral marketing campaign that has existed to date
im proud to be part of the Ironic department of the mcrib marketing team