nick land buddhism
i moved to italy to do sopranos medical school and it's more or less worked out so far

long term probably want to go back to india
Can't u read?

They are trying to get out of nicked land

xipe posted:

Can't u read?

They are trying to get out of nicked land

You forgot the

Bablu posted:

sopranos medical school

is this where they teach you how to remove bullets with pliers and put an ace bandage back over it

Themselves posted:

Bablu posted:

sopranos medical school

is this where they teach you how to remove bullets with pliers and put an ace bandage back over it

haha, my mind didn't even go there right away, i just thought it was some kind of weird singing / medical school

Petrol posted:

i cant imagine moving to the US by choice but to each their own

the thought of being surrounded by ordinary americans is a big turn off but they have good research programs. netherlands is another good pick because they do a lot of phil of mind/science which is my area. so does spain interestingly enough. germany is hit and miss.

Gibbonstrength posted:

the thought of being surrounded by ordinary americans is a big turn off

i can understand this but you already live in australia so whats the big diff really

Gibbonstrength posted:

the thought of being surrounded by ordinary americans is a big turn off

its more the thought of being surrounded by american cops and food and beer, the proportion of decent people would have to be similar to straya

Parenti posted:

Bullying is against the rules.

its not

tears posted:

Parenti posted:

Bullying is against the rules.

its not

oh

Gibbonstrength posted:

the thought of being surrounded by ordinary americans is a big turn off but they have good research programs. netherlands is another good pick because they do a lot of phil of mind/science which is my area. so does spain interestingly enough. germany is hit and miss.

the university of alberta had a pretty strong phil mind/science presence when I was there, but it was focused on AI garbage. they also had a badass marxist-feminist levinas scholar who did work on heterodox epistimologies (that's an academia dogwhistle for The Immortal Science,) she pretty much redeemed the entire department for me. i hope she's doing well.

Red_Canadian posted:

i'm going to argue respectively against the dj cat. University in the states is ridiculously expensive, as is healthcare. Seasonal affective disorder is also a thing. Don't give the United States government any money.

the idea is to get scholarship/grant money which I have been told by some professors from the US is very achievable on the strength of my publications. i was told "apply anywhere and youll get in" so i'd be getting paid to do a Phd basically. otherwise its not worth even thnking about

They told you right, Especially in the usa, professors love die wolffschanze
i think i'm done with facebook but i'm feeling really sick of everyone and everything right now. i want to be alone for a while but i'm not sure how to accomplish that
Same but I don’t want to be miserable like I know I would be
[account deactivated]
do you have any particular recommendations?
i ask because i quit being a lawyer for a while, spent a few months ineffectually fumbling around for something better to do with my life, became a postman for the last month and a half, but am now thinking of being a lawyer again out of a combination of revealed circumstances (my original plan was to transfer from the town i currently work in which is almost 40 miles away to the town i live in, except the latter has an atrocious reputation for stress and poor management that was also attested to by people i met in trainings who work there), bourgeois weakness (50 hours and 6 days a week of moderate physical labor with barely any time to pss or eat is actually really hard! and that's without having to deal with much of the hard weather--the regulars all talk about the winter/christmas season like WWI troops convalescing off the western front) and laudable principle (the new legal shit i'm looking at is still related to tribal law, and even though it isn't quite as desperately necessary as the legal aid work i completely, abjectly, narrowly-avoiding-catastrophically burned out on, it would involve strengthening indigenous institutions which is still Good, and also I miss being in touch with the community and members thereof i've done most of my work with)

so stress/mental health management is Relevant To My Interests
maca is the best adaptogen i’ve taken so far
[account deactivated]
Tulsi is great, yeah, i would just drink the tea but then i kind of ran out and forgot about it. Ashwaghanda definitely made me a bit too aggressive, made me hate my sedentary job and grind my teeth in frustration when combined with coffee and monotonous tasks. Gotu kola is ok but sorta messed with my stomach, only tried the extract. Amla is awesome but then on that note the best thing that i’ve done recently out of all this random shit i have done is Megadosing Vitamin C in the form of like 4 limes in the morning has been extremely helpful. mainly have been avoiding writing a longpost on supplements and mental health out of the strange redditesque shame i have towards how much time researching and money i spent on this unholy collection of bottles that looms in my closet as a reminder that not too long ago i was on the verge of mental breakdown but have been able to conquer it more or less by trying random shit + cutting out coffee. i dont take much now, just maca, sometimes camu camu for vit C, a vitamin E and these two things that i feel have been super helpful for my alcohol ridden body: EpiCor and NAC for digestion and liver

for yer health
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
what is this Alex jones nootropics shite
edit fuck beaten
you snooze you lose. i dont really fall out with herbal remedies though, a lot of pharmaceuticals are derived from the active ingredients in plants after all.

littlegreenpills posted:

what is this Alex jones nootropics shite

the seven people who upvoted this post are gonna feel pretty foolish when i tell them the the majority of adaptogen research was done in this little place called the soviet union, yeah thats right, you all just got owned by some plants,

personally, i've tried western placebos like buspirone and fluoxetine and they didn't do shit, so ayurvedic/soviet placebos seem like they'd be worth a shot
someone make a soviet witch plants thread
quitting THe JOB today...
carry on my wayward son
there'll be peace when u are done
[account deactivated]
Well, if you quit, things are just going to be that much harder on your coworkers. And in this economy, there's really not a lot of opportunities for quitters. Beside that, you should really be sticking around to sabotage things and ruin your boss's life. But sure. Go ahead and walk away. It's not like I know exactly what I'm talking about because I'm incredibly intelligent and make the best posts online at any hour of the day.
Real talk though it is hard to come up with ways to sabotage things that make bossman's life harder without making things harder for your coworkers. And the fuckers know that.
jobs? blow em. (blow jobs)
i worked in a post office once it was ok

swampman posted:

Well, if you quit, things are just going to be that much harder on your coworkers. And in this economy, there's really not a lot of opportunities for quitters. Beside that, you should really be sticking around to sabotage things and ruin your boss's life. But sure. Go ahead and walk away. It's not like I know exactly what I'm talking about because I'm incredibly intelligent and make the best posts online at any hour of the day.

his work sent him a letter more or less saying they were documenting personal reasons for his future termination and imo that's usually the smartest time to quit a job