karphead posted:

stego - are you still offering apprenticeships? im not even kidding...

me personally, no. the international brotherhood of electrical workers, yes

dont know where else to mention this but this'll do because i did a little fist pump irl when i found out: adrian lamo, the piece of shit snitch who got chelsea manning busted, is died aged 37. rest in piss.

toyotathon posted:

stoked how a rep for insubordination in my last job followed me from group to group. always came out after the prev boss passed me off to the next.. a month after start there'd be a meeting, 'i heard a rumor that...' i was legit proud that my hate-waves resonated with management. i put good effort into subtly conveying my exact opinion of the parasites. it was like receiving an A in tone and body language class

hell yeah

i put my managers on blast in my statement but that was the end of it. i included foot notes to source material and formatted it a la Settlers, proving that I had the highest workload and the highest output rate. i expect it's going to be weird until I get a new job.

i blame Crow for all of this btw. idiot. fucker.
I am actually a boss of employees irl and if I hear any of you saying stuff like "Fuck you boss"I'm going to post about it on BossNet
i've worked for some bad bosses before and i award you World's Baddest Boss

Petrol posted:

dont know where else to mention this but this'll do because i did a little fist pump irl when i found out: adrian lamo, the piece of shit snitch who got chelsea manning busted, is died aged 37. rest in piss.

Let us commemorate his passing by calling him "Adrian Lame-O" one last time.

I got that liquor store job! I start today.
[account deactivated]

toyotathon posted:

brb flooding the forum with dummy accounts so that i can spam upvotes on this post

toyotathon posted:

a dead-end, blood-soaked thing, (..) the boil that we need to lance in order to save the land

that's one hell of a catchphrase

toyotathon posted:

one speaker called the white culture here a dead-end, blood-soaked thing, said america was the boil that we need to lance in order to save the land, touched on white land-property-consciousness. givin me neck pains from all the nodding.

this (and the 400 years of genocide thing) is the #1 sensation i get from living in england

the weirdest part is that it makes north america feel like it really is an improvement

love to wade through waist deep blood to go to a coffee shop in a repurposed 18th century greek style mercantile slave exchange then amble down streets paved with skulls to chill at the docks from which thousands of slave ships were launched, follow that up with a trip to the local cathederal which is stuffed full of memorial plaques to the brave 19th century lads who gave their lives to the empire while insanely brutally slaughtering hundreds of thousands of colonised people with guns and bombs; this place is so haunted
recent war nerd podcasts on india and ireland have been very educational in that department
I LOVE JOBS!!!

was tpaine right all along? *sips tecate*
have i mentioned that i am currently living under the loudest neighbours i've ever lived under in my life? i'm in a burning hell...
did anyone figure out who was fishmech? is it me?

c_man posted:

i thought he was just ranting about fish robots like a normal person

tears posted:

fishmech fishmech fishmech, you are all fishmech none of you are free from being fishmech

lo posted:

c_man posted:

i thought he was just ranting about fish robots like a normal person

he was talking about a SA poster whos reputation i never really understood beyond "posts a lot", probably because i barely ever read ycs or yospos or wherever the hell the horseboy lurked when he was 12

My basic idea of a good society is one where you can work 20 hours a week to get by, but also if you want to work 60 hours a week to earn a bunch of money there's work to be done and you can start doing it tomorrow.

By which I mean give me a damn job in a supermarket, I've been reduced to selling cultural journalism, the lowest of all indignities.

Parenti posted:

My basic idea of a good society is one where you can work 20 hours a week to get by, but also if you want to work 60 hours a week to earn a bunch of money there's work to be done and you can start doing it tomorrow.

good stuff, very well thought out, no contradictions here

I saw a guy in the parking lot at MCDonalds eating hotcakes off the hood of his truck which was still running.
[account deactivated]
Be the social glue that your community needs. Failing that, work to the bone (til your printer runs out of toner.)
So two years ago I started doing a PhD in philosophy. which was a weird turn of events because I did a psychology degree withotu ever taking a phil course, worked at an airport for the interim and then just sort of wandered in and luckily met some nice professors who took me in despite my total lack of knowledge of their subject area.

ive been soldiering on with getting my thesis written and also wrote a paper which got accepted into the BJPS which is the top journal in my field worldwide. which i am pretty shocked since im still a noob but there it is. unfortunately that wasn't enough for my university to bother giving me any funding (they dont care about success in your field tjhey just look at your undergrad results???? for some reason??? mods???) so i just teach lots of classes to make money (which I love and am good at) but it also isnt much money. i have to live at home, which is an hour away from campus.

so im looking into alternatives like Other Countries and for instance pittsburgh looks like a great place for me and my work. or maybe somewhere in the netherlands/germany would be a good option. i might be moving out of Australia. its significant to me that the social aspect of life (like being able to hang with friends, meet new people, be part of a "scene" etc) is 9999 times more important than success in your field. without the former you'll go insane and hate your life. the latter is just icing. anyway thats my life.
obvious corollary: don't move somewhere where you have no friends and will be alienated (even more than usual) and will not fit into a "scene" etc because of vast cultural gaps. pittsburgh is probably better for you than europe imo, though of course i only know you from rhizzone posts
i'm going to argue respectively against the dj cat. University in the states is ridiculously expensive, as is healthcare. Seasonal affective disorder is also a thing. Don't give the United States government any money.
Go to Afrin to experience both the Syrian and Rojava Revolutions simultaneously
i cant imagine moving to the US by choice but to each their own
I want to buy a flat in Paris but I don't have $300,000. I'm lucky enough to have a bunch of citizenships by accident of birth, and I wouldn't recommend against moving to America if you want to move somewhere cheap and rural, though I would if you're trying to move somewhere urban. American urban life is just replicated European urban life, and the only places that come close to approaching it are very expensive. I want to go to Australia myself but that's for random interpersonal reasosn, nothing to do with any sort of interest in the place.
desettle yourself and face to england
I think other people moving to amerika is hella braver than amerikans signing up with YPG

tears posted:

desettle yourself and face to england

I actually did this wow. Didn't even consider it consciously but now I'm better than every settler. It's like that Diasporism from Operation Shylock.

tell us about your many citizenships

tears posted:

tell us about your many citizenships

Bullying is against the rules.

move to nick land