toutvabien posted:

aesthetically though, it was a nicely lit/shot noir. occasionally i was like "whoa. damn, nice" at how the screen looked

Gotta respect well shot film noir.

i watched riki-oh aka the story of ricky, which is probably one of the most ridiculously violent movies i've ever seen. highly recommended if you want to see dudes explode in gore when they get punched
weirdly prescient film about privatized prisons while also being a 12yo's dream, martial arts/gore wise
D U N E
i saw that Cuties film today, the film with the twerking 11 years old girls. i dont have netflix so i torrented it cause theres no way i would get into a cinema, walk up to the counter and ask for a ticket to see that flick... its the type of move you get put on a list for. I bought into the whole 'it promotes pedophilia' narrative at first because the marketing made it look this way and the outrage from every sides only reinforced that thought but it ended up being a pretty good & subtle critique of child hypersexualization. both the tribal, traditional west afrikans customs and the decadent imperiali$t culture are questioned for being two different sides of the same coin that is subjugation of girls from a very young age, not letting them have a childhood. like both the traditional elders viewpoint of woman life and what the young protagonist ends up doing because of her now warped view of self and sexuality, exacerbated by social media and objectifying men around her makes the point that male chauvinist conditions perpetuates disturbing views of sexuality and self perception on both sides. some scenes are pretty crude and unsettling though, but since its an unsettling topic its just the proper way to get the point across, yet id understand if people dont get it and feel disgusted or just turn it off 20 minutes in. a film thats pretty similar in some way is salo by pasolini, where its explicitely disgusting to make sure the audience gets the point. id say cuties gets the point across more easily than salo though. anyway its an ok movie
who watches the whizzone
interesting video Constantignoble, I have seen some of his other videos and they were interesting and I was just looking for something to waste 40 minutes on. I have been meaning to look for anticolonialist literature on music theory but it's hard to find.
let's all start reading cardew's 'stockhausen serves imperialism' and perform wrestling moves on avant garde composers
riki oh is cool. i want to watch 'the seventh curse' by the same director.

Chthonic_Goat_666 posted:

riki oh is cool. i want to watch 'the seventh curse' by the same director.

his movie "the cat" is also cool but it's really hard to find. it's got a magical alien cat and a weird ropey alien monster and some bizarre action scenes where it's clearly a different time of the day in different shots.

video essay which is better than usual left tube but maybe not, I am too teetoataled to tell.
what is a good funny movie or multiple good funny movies
i like leningrad cowboys go america
Southland Tales
Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
I’m watching Ron Paul have a stroke

GURGLE RON PAUL

liceo posted:

I Heart Huckabees

ghost hunters tv show

liceo posted:

Braindead (1992)
Everything Will Be OK (2006) (humour possibly unintentional)

The Holy Mountain (1973) (humour unintentional)

Edited by Acdtrux ()

liceo posted:

stir crazy; mikey and nicky; freddy got fingered; the adventures of ford fairlane; pope of greenwich village; petit à petit; underground; time of the gypsies

I've been watching a bunch of slow movies like tarkovsky & tarr bela and I no longer have the patience for this what are some action movies
or tv shows. What tv shows are good (apart from ghost hunters)
the HHIC debate's on if you need any more confirmation for your revolutionary politics
Watched it for the trump zingers.

toyot posted:

the HHIC debate's on if you need any more confirmation for your revolutionary politics

listen man no one watched it. source: last post in dytd on sept 26

Acdtrux posted:

I've been watching a bunch of slow movies like tarkovsky & tarr bela and I no longer have the patience for this what are some action movies

you should watch hard boiled by john woo

Overlord
I watched part of the HHIC debate, and I have come to the conclusion that the JDPON should disperse the Amerikkkans throughout the Third World instead of allowing them to remain in occupied North America. Here are some of my reasons:

17 whole percent, huh? but i guess "informative" can mean a lot of things

disperse the Amerikkkans throughout the Third World

Wtf NO.

vimingok posted:

Wtf NO.

ya have we ever talked about that MIM line here? a lot of amerikans in the privatized bureaucracy have zero real job skills... what does the third world want with spreadsheet gurus, or etsy arts n crafters... maybe disperse the technical intelligensia, reverse paperclip, to even out global development. but you don't really even need to do that. the designs for intel fabs and biotech facilities can be published publicly into some technical commons, source code to iOS public, the labor SOPs public... it's more straightforward than vulgar settlement-reversal...

just gas whitey who cares

toyot posted:

ya have we ever talked about that MIM line here?

If anyone is lost you are currently reading famous Internet discussion forum Laissez's Faire.
hell i'm starting to think this jdpon idea is just freaking impractical!!
spreadsheet guru here, ready for duty