as im reading this, a ginned up confrontation w russia that may allow porkoshenko to avoid embarrassing utter & complete electoral defeat through military repression of widespread political dissent. open to elaboration or suggestion regarding this appraisal
which of the ukranian cabinet ministers was it that is literally just an american spook they flew in and granted formality ukranian citizenship? that story is hilarious and somewhere in this thread

shriekingviolet posted:

which of the ukranian cabinet ministers was it that is literally just an american spook they flew in and granted formality ukranian citizenship? that story is hilarious and somewhere in this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Jaresko

wow didn't know she had angled to become prime minister before they sacked her. bold move
Every time an alledged incident involving Russia occurs, it’s interesting to see how much sicker in the head the Western body politic has become. The Democrats are fascists, I feel like there’s a better chance of having a balanced discussion regarding Russia with a Trump chud than a Democrat.

dimashq posted:

Every time an alledged incident involving Russia occurs, it’s interesting to see how much sicker in the head the Western body politic has become. The Democrats are fascists, I feel like there’s a better chance of having a balanced discussion regarding Russia with a Trump chud than a Democrat.

that was already very clear during the 2016 election, when trump was saying "wouldn't it be a good thing to have better relations with russia?" and clinton's line was basically "kill putin in his sleep and nuke the kremlin to be sure"

That Ukraine/UK Defence Ministry Web page on martial law is like: Hold on now, don't think martial law is a magic wand that fixes everything, it takes a long time to solve anything so when we institute martial law it probably won't be clear under what conditions we'd ever go back to normal post-coup Ukraine law again, which is the kind where we hired a coven of witches to build a child army.
the Trump administration is giving surplus U.S. frigates to Ukraine. A golden posting opportunity for goons to explain to each other that Obama would never have done that because naval warfare is Canceled
more interesting facts about martial law from papa poroshenko via the ft:

"Martial law does not mean a declaration of war," he said in a televised address ahead of the vote that sought to ease concerns that the emergency powers would curtail civil liberties. "Martial law does not mean our turning away from diplomatic efforts."

this martial law stuff keeps sounding better and better!

de blasio: community-oriented martial law pilot program coming to long island city
feeling bashful as people suddenly are texting me like What the fuck is Ukraine like Nazi now?? because I kept telling them it was over and over like a single line in an Italo house track and now they think I know important facts and i have to be like have you heard of uh... Fail AIDS.......

"Are we the baddies?"