as im reading this, a ginned up confrontation w russia that may allow porkoshenko to avoid embarrassing utter & complete electoral defeat through military repression of widespread political dissent. open to elaboration or suggestion regarding this appraisal
which of the ukranian cabinet ministers was it that is literally just an american spook they flew in and granted formality ukranian citizenship? that story is hilarious and somewhere in this thread

shriekingviolet posted:

which of the ukranian cabinet ministers was it that is literally just an american spook they flew in and granted formality ukranian citizenship? that story is hilarious and somewhere in this thread

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natalie_Jaresko

wow didn't know she had angled to become prime minister before they sacked her. bold move
Every time an alledged incident involving Russia occurs, it’s interesting to see how much sicker in the head the Western body politic has become. The Democrats are fascists, I feel like there’s a better chance of having a balanced discussion regarding Russia with a Trump chud than a Democrat.

dimashq posted:

Every time an alledged incident involving Russia occurs, it’s interesting to see how much sicker in the head the Western body politic has become. The Democrats are fascists, I feel like there’s a better chance of having a balanced discussion regarding Russia with a Trump chud than a Democrat.

that was already very clear during the 2016 election, when trump was saying "wouldn't it be a good thing to have better relations with russia?" and clinton's line was basically "kill putin in his sleep and nuke the kremlin to be sure"

That Ukraine/UK Defence Ministry Web page on martial law is like: Hold on now, don't think martial law is a magic wand that fixes everything, it takes a long time to solve anything so when we institute martial law it probably won't be clear under what conditions we'd ever go back to normal post-coup Ukraine law again, which is the kind where we hired a coven of witches to build a child army.
the Trump administration is giving surplus U.S. frigates to Ukraine. A golden posting opportunity for goons to explain to each other that Obama would never have done that because naval warfare is Canceled
more interesting facts about martial law from papa poroshenko via the ft:

"Martial law does not mean a declaration of war," he said in a televised address ahead of the vote that sought to ease concerns that the emergency powers would curtail civil liberties. "Martial law does not mean our turning away from diplomatic efforts."

this martial law stuff keeps sounding better and better!

de blasio: community-oriented martial law pilot program coming to long island city
feeling bashful as people suddenly are texting me like What the fuck is Ukraine like Nazi now?? because I kept telling them it was over and over like a single line in an Italo house track and now they think I know important facts and i have to be like have you heard of uh... Fail AIDS.......
[account deactivated]
Kiev just declared its own independent-nationalist Christian church, or rather the coup president did in his pseudo-divine role as half-elf warlock of the Azov Wiccan colony. Poroshenko explained that the purpose of the schism was so that churches in coup-Ukraine wouldn’t pray for Putin or Russians. But their liturgy requires them to pray for all of humanity... owned again.
just saw a cool new Russia conspiracy theory that the USSR sent Ayn Rand to the U.S. as an agent to divide workers and managers. This is now the truth, that I believe.
im just going to leave this here.

https://southfront.org/ukrainian-mps-introduce-legislation-declaring-war-with-russia/

A draft resolution calling for the declaration of war with Russia was introduced to the Ukrainian Parliament on December 21.

The full title of the document is “Draft Resolution on the appeal of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to the President of Ukraine regarding the declaration of war, the breakdown of diplomatic relations and the cessation of transport links with the Russian Federation”.

The document was introduced by a member of parliament Kupriy Nikolaevich.

It’s unclear when the Ukrainian Parliament is going to vote on the proposed declaration of war.

On December 20, Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that the Kiev government is to stage a new provocation against Russia by sending another naval group with so-called “international observers” through the the Kerch Strait.

On December 19, a resolution was introduced in the US Senate called for a international freedom of navigation military operation in the Kerch Strait and the Sea of Azov.

Meanwhile, the US and other NATO member states have increased their intelligence activity across the Russian borders. Washington is also withdrawing combat-ready troops from Syria and Afghanistan. Some sources say that these forces could be needed for the US in case of participation in some “new” military conflict.

im sure those 9000 dudes will make all the difference

here we been dumping on war criminal mattis never realizing he's been the only thing stopping trump from going in on a world war started by nazi warlocks
I highly doubt Mad Dog Mattis has been a restraining hand in Ukraine
Nothing stands between drumpf and nuclear war following the resignation of the last adult in the room, General Lustmord

MindMaster posted:

what did they expect without the magical barrier projected by all those lenin statues they wrecked

JohnBeige posted:

https://southfront.org/ukrainian-mps-introduce-legislation-declaring-war-with-russia/A draft resolution calling for the declaration of war with Russia was introduced to the Ukrainian Parliament on December 21.

The full title of the document is “Draft Resolution on the appeal of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine to the President of Ukraine regarding the declaration of war, the breakdown of diplomatic relations and the cessation of transport links with the Russian Federation”.

The document was introduced by a member of parliament Kupriy Nikolaevich.

It’s unclear when the Ukrainian Parliament is going to vote on the proposed declaration of war.

On December 20, Secretary of the National Security and Defence Council of Ukraine Oleksandr Turchynov revealed that the Kiev government is to stage a new provocation against Russia by sending another naval group with so-called “international observers” through the the Kerch Strait.

On December 19, a resolution was introduced in the US Senate called for a international freedom of navigation military operation in the Kerch Strait and the Sea of Azov.

Meanwhile, the US and other NATO member states have increased their intelligence activity across the Russian borders. Washington is also withdrawing combat-ready troops from Syria and Afghanistan. Some sources say that these forces could be needed for the US in case of participation in some “new” military conflict.

The Ukrainian Rada resolution is more important to internal Ukrainian politics than international. It's written by a far-right lawmaker who's opposed to Poroshenko for not being far enough right to make a political point rather than change what Ukraine is doing militarily. On facebook he posted,

“The toothless, illegal position of Poroshenko does not allow us to demand international assistance, because everyone believes that we are fighting ourselves with ourselves. Not declaring war with the presence of signs of aggression is also a violation of the 1907 Hague Convention, and for this, Poroshenko, along with Turchinov, have to sit in jail for a long time.

“I want to reassure Ukrainians. The declaration of war is not a signal to offensive operations at the front. Quite the opposite - this is the beginning of a pan-scale legal transaction for the liberation of our territories and the reparation of damage caused by the Kremlin.

So it looks like he's trying to gather support for his fascist UKROP party before the elections in March, and possibly hoping to bait more international military aid, which they'll get regardless.

https://forward.com/opinion/416751/why-does-no-one-care-that-neo-nazis-are-gaining-power-in-ukraine/

it has gone from "this is a genuine uprising how dare you sir" to "okay the CIA were involved a bit but there are no nazis how dare you sir" to "okay yes there are some nazis but this is war" to "the nazis are actually in power and they are praising historical nazis and also nazi paramilitaries are terrorising ethnic minorities but please don't mention that we in the press covered for all this anyway and smeared people as kremlin agents for raising it anyway it's ukraine who gives a shit what are you some kind of putinista"
[account deactivated]
from the Guardian, via Ames

LOL
so the recent interception of a french made (and possibly qatari) air-to-air missile and other arms in the hands of italian neo-nazis is currently being reported in english language sites as intended material support for "pro-russian rebels". this initially threw me as i understood dpr/lpr were mostly anti-fascist, so i looked a bit closer and de mattis (turin chief of police) qualified that those arrested do not seem to have links to "pro-russian rebels", although they aren't publicly releasing more information about its intended use.

adapting one of these missiles as surface-to-air is very complex, and *extremely brown moses voice* if we go to the wikipedia page of military equipment of separates forces in donbass we see they only posses one l-29, which carries a total max load of 200kg, the matra super 530f weight is 275kg.. so my guess is this is of little use to separatist forces and the spin is intentional reframing while it's still in headlines.

i guess forza nuova used to back svoboda but has veered off into duginism lately, i haven't found any evidence they're actually doing anything on the ground in donbass

Gssh posted:

adapting one of these missiles as surface-to-air is very complex, and *extremely brown moses voice* if we go to the wikipedia page of military equipment of separates forces in donbass we see they only posses one l-29, which carries a total max load of 200kg, the matra super 530f weight is 275kg.. so my guess is this is of little use to separatist forces and the spin is intentional reframing while it's still in headlines.

I actually laughed when I saw the picture because my operating system when it comes to anything neo-Nazis do is to look at them as basically just stupid gangsters with financial / organized crime activities having as much if not more to do with their activities than ideological motives (which is why they're so easily bribed). Especially the Forza Nuova for God's sake.

I can't imagine how the missile is useful at all so my guess is they stole it from a port while en route from France -----> Qatar and were trying to hawk it or show it off Tony Montana style. All this overproduced, future-force fascist stuff has the same kitsch Greco-Roman columns as Tony has decorating his party palace. That's all you really need to know about it.

Dumb teenager who thinks fascism is cool, hanging out at the clubhouse: "Gee I dunno guys, I dunno how I feel about the Forza Nuova."

Forza Nuova guy: "Hey kid, we're the real deal. Massimo... show him... THE MISSILE."

Basically if you're going to do retro-tacky 80s shit don't do Scarface or "Push it to the Limit," you gotta go for the real Italian deal.

If anyone says any fascist herd opposes the U.S./EU-installed Nazi-fuckers who run Kiev, it’s Western pro-Kiev propaganda until proven otherwise.

The Ukraine Wiccan coven Azov practice their neo-pagan sparkle magic with creepy weirdos from UK to Brazil. They are the stunted pole of the worldwide loser movement right now. If a tweedy fascist club anywhere is revealed to possess military hardware it’s almost certainly not to aim it at their fellow moon sisters.

Really, it’s another measure of how the top Nazis are still all uniformed cops working for liberal politicians, because just like WWII, if any of the little fash clubs around the world had any real power to throw around, they wouldn’t be looking to other nations’ movements to guide them.
Come on now. Just because all our top posters are real witches doesn't mean we have to make fun of wiccans.
It does and I will.

Petrol posted:

Just because all our top posters are real witches doesn't mean we have to make fun of wiccans.

wiccans are revisionist witches

I respect people of faith but my impression of the neo-Nazi version of the Wiccan thing is if you combined the spooky sparkle magic with the song and video for "Crazy Bitch" by Buckcherry, which is the worst artistic statement of the 21st century so far. It's just really bad.

I base this partly on my readings of the whole far-right phenom but also personal experience as I knew this guy at my high school who -- as I found out years later -- became a neo-Nazi skinhead. I only ever saw the photos. His physical metamorphosis from cross-dressing femme goth twink who wore black eyeliner and lipstick when I knew him into Nazi trash was the surprising part, but the rest wasn't so shocking as "Crazy Bitch" really expresses his whole outlook on life, as I remember it. It was Buckcherry all the way down.

I remember his favorite band, too, which ahh...

Another thing I've found kinda odd is the helmet-headed / Romulan-style haircut that seems to pop up a lot with fascist women. I'm thinking one is going to decloak in front of me on the highway driving a lime-green Toyota with a Skrewdriver bumper sticker shouting that I've violated the Neutral Zone.

I dunno. Neo-Nazis seem to have this way of coming across like Star Trek villains to me especially Hermann Göring ('60s Star Trek).

You can't make this up but like I was saying, mobsters:

the fuck is that background
Moon of Alabama can be a bit too conspiratorial for me, but he has a good breakdown of the neonazi weapons sales confusion:

https://www.moonofalabama.org/2019/07/how-the-news-about-italian-far-right-fighters-in-ukraine-got-confused.html

but lol at giving the benefit of the doubt to bbc
degenerate witches state

tears posted:

degenerate witches state

the theory of permanent incantation

Counter-revolution in Belarus following the exact same formula, exact same western "left" supporters, probably the same result as Ukraine and Bolivia since the state doesn't have the strength of the PSUV in Venezuela or the Chinese communist party. But we can hope.

https://www.dw.com/en/belarus-eu-sanctions/a-54564440

The European Union is set to impose new sanctions targeting Belarusian officials responsible for the brutal crackdown in the ex-Soviet state, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas told reporters after video talks held by EU foreign ministers.

The targets and scope of the measures are yet to be determined, an EU official said, adding that "a list of names will be drawn up" by the foreign policy unit. Once the list is finalized, the EU nations would need to unanimously approve each individual or organization on it before sanctions can go into effect.

The EU would "now initiate a process of sanctions against those responsible for the violence, arrests and fraud in connection with the election," Swedish Foreign Minister Ann Linde said on Twitter.

https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2020/08/17/tikhanovskaya-a71168

The main challenger in Belarus's disputed presidential election said Monday that she was ready to take over the country's leadership after a wave of protests against President Alexander Lukashenko.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/belarus-election-result-2020-protest-uk-lukashenko-dominic-raab-latest-a9673596.html

The British government does not recognise the result of Belarus's contested presidential election, the Foreign Secretary has said.

Dominic Raab called for an international investigation into the "grisly repression" of protesters by state security forces controlled by Alexander Lukashenko and branded the contest "fraudulent".