germanjoey posted:
hahaha if you get fired for it you gotta give him some of your severance package.

we just had our launch party today. www dot zenya dot com just check it out

but if i do get fired in the next month i'll assume it was related to "Son" quote and give crow half my severence, whatever it is, bnut i will not give him my unemployment payments

Crow posted:

Cycloneboy posted:
why would you do that?

BEcause fuck you thats why.

that's not a very good reason at all!

i didnt realize that mohammed bleated like a donkey. did they even have donkeys in arabia at that time. many important qs imo
As a Zenist here is all I've to say on Zen
If you're into Zen to
become a better person or
get some understanding about whatever or
use zazen to calm your shitty brain then you have already lost. Any conceptual intention that precedes action is the antithesis of Zen. I practice Zen in the same way that you might practice an utterly useless hobby that brings you some tiny joy. A person who plays for the sake of bettering themselves isn't really playing at all.
-----
Of course the collections of interpretations on Buddhist philosophy is so vast that it makes western philosophy and theology look about as thick as a picture-book. But those who have the idea about separating yourself from the world to achieve nirvana may as well be death-cultists, as you've said. I think that the life of Steve (bringer of Jobs) pbuh, and the video in my op demonstrate the end result of that line of thinking pretty clearly.

Impper posted:
atheism

boooooooooooooo

atheism more like literally living in a mud hut made from your own faeces, formed into bricks and dried in the sunism
atheists want to crawl up into their own navels and live in its salty warmth like a fat sweaty non-euclidean whorl. they have no sense of the beyond. atheism is smallness, ugly and vicious, and if nietzsche could see its current state he'd run to kiss the feet of a pope
survey: 99.6% of atheists have asperger's syndrome and describe themselves as 'socially liberal but fiscally conservative'
i dont get people who have so many bad things to say about other religions and philosophies

criticism is fine but there's very little you can generalize about in regard to adherents of any given ideology

babyfinland posted:
i dont get people who have so many bad things to say about other religions and philosophies

- a muslim

deadken posted:

babyfinland posted:

- a muslim

- a kafir

im aesthetically fascist but politically communist, ethnically arab, culturally jewish, confessionally christian, and i will not stop until everyone is exactly the same as me

babyfinland posted:
- a kafir

i said shahada so i think im an apostate now

deadken posted:

babyfinland posted:
- a kafir

i said shahada so i think im an apostate now

oh ur muslim too, cool

im reading a book for class and its talking about how plato and socrates were basically buddhists
im reading a book for class and its called A THOUSAND GERMAN PLATEAUS OR THE CULTURAL INDUSTRY LOGIC OF DISCIPLINE AND PUNISH BY KARL MICHEL THEODORE FREDERIC DELEUZE AND GUATTARI ADORNO JAMESON FOUCAULT MARX
that book is fucking gay
yeah im writing an essay for a normal lit class and its just deleuze deleuze marx deleuze im the worst person on earth
it sounds pretty fucking terrible. ask your prof to reconcile Aristotle's education with Buddhist precepts and watch the bullshit fly.
deloser. guattaridiot

NounsareVerbs posted:
it sounds pretty fucking terrible. ask your prof to reconcile Aristotle's education with Buddhist precepts and watch the bullshit fly.

what

buddhas don't go around corrupting the youth
counterpoint: you

deadken posted:
atheists want to crawl up into their own navels and live in its salty warmth like a fat sweaty non-euclidean whorl. they have no sense of the beyond.

there is no such thing as the beyond

yeah but you literally cant see past your enormous chin
you didnt say beyond. 3/10.
reminder that socrates was an immensely ugly and smelly hipster jackass who went around telling all the annoying rich kids that they should smash democracy

he was the first marxist-leninist
atheism? i said that purely facetiously, purely facetiously

Impper posted:

germanjoey posted:
hahaha if you get fired for it you gotta give him some of your severance package.

we just had our launch party today. www dot zenya dot com just check it out

but if i do get fired in the next month i'll assume it was related to "Son" quote and give crow half my severence, whatever it is, bnut i will not give him my unemployment payments

hahaha this is the shit man, gr8 work...

deadken posted:
atheists want to crawl up into their own navels and live in its salty warmth like a fat sweaty non-euclidean whorl. they have no sense of the beyond. atheism is smallness, ugly and vicious, and if nietzsche could see its current state he'd run to kiss the feet of a pope

yeah I completely agree. i remember I was arguing for a point similar to this with Impper on AIM a few months ago but I can't remember the exact details of the conversation...

wtf?!! atheism freakin owns
we were arguing about nietzsche and christianity i think but not necessarily atheism
I attack only causes that are victorious - on occasion, I wait till they are victorious - Freddy N.
if nietzsche could behold theamazingatheist in all his hideous corpulence.... the tears that would flow..... manly tears
if 19th century europe drove nietzsche to what he was, i don't think he'd last even two seconds today before bursting out into tears over something or another

Impper posted:
we were arguing about nietzsche and christianity i think but not necessarily atheism

well it goes together hand in glove.

do professional atheists in the sam hitchkins mold ever grapple with the fact that the liberal humanist values they all hold and in fact claim to be led to by atheism are all basically christian/abrahamic?
do professional atheists ever remove they head from they dungspout?

babyfinland posted:

well dawkins can be pretty cool when he's not talking about atheism imo

thirdplace posted:

babyfinland posted:

well dawkins can be pretty cool when he's not talking about atheism imo

wow. wrongo alert