[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

[he also wrote some horrible stuff during the invasion in 03 but i don't know if he's talked about it recently.

no he didn't, glenn greenwald never wrote anything prior to 2005. you're regurgitating liberal character assassination and mark ames' meth grudge

I didn't write that GG was a rabid supporter of the war or some influential hawk in the media in 2003. Bad opinions, that's all. I made a mistake in the wording, but it's not that important. He didn't actually write a terrible post on some obscure blog in 2003. He held bad opinions in 2003 and put the bad opinions in print in 2005.

I had not abandoned my trust in the Bush administration. Between the president’s performance in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the swift removal of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the fact that I wanted the president to succeed, because my loyalty is to my country and he was the leader of my country, I still gave the administration the benefit of the doubt. I believed then that the president was entitled to have his national security judgment deferred to, and to the extent that I was able to develop a definitive view, I accepted his judgment that American security really would be enhanced by the invasion of this sovereign country.

This isn't a horrible position? Well, I was a tad bit unsure about the whole war thing, so I just hunkered down and looked to the Leader and Flag for guidance. When in doubt, go nationalist.

when they said they thought he may never be able to answer questions, they forgot that just because he couldn't speak he could still answer questions by writing things down, so now they are getting him to write things down.
how are that many people that incompetent

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

Goethestein posted:

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

[he also wrote some horrible stuff during the invasion in 03 but i don't know if he's talked about it recently.

no he didn't, glenn greenwald never wrote anything prior to 2005. you're regurgitating liberal character assassination and mark ames' meth grudge

I didn't write that GG was a rabid supporter of the war or some influential hawk in the media in 2003. Bad opinions, that's all. I made a mistake in the wording, but it's not that important. He didn't actually write a terrible post on some obscure blog in 2003. He held bad opinions in 2003 and put the bad opinions in print in 2005.

I had not abandoned my trust in the Bush administration. Between the president’s performance in the wake of the 9/11 attacks, the swift removal of the Taliban in Afghanistan, and the fact that I wanted the president to succeed, because my loyalty is to my country and he was the leader of my country, I still gave the administration the benefit of the doubt. I believed then that the president was entitled to have his national security judgment deferred to, and to the extent that I was able to develop a definitive view, I accepted his judgment that American security really would be enhanced by the invasion of this sovereign country.

This isn't a horrible position? Well, I was a tad bit unsure about the whole war thing, so I just hunkered down and looked to the Leader and Flag for guidance. When in doubt, go nationalist.

it is certainly a horrible position, which is why in the book it appears in it is explicitly presented as a shameful source of regret

I don't remember deep shame and agony in the book, and he doesn't seem to address it these days. Nonetheless, he had some godawful opinions in the beginning.
i'm not going to link to it but if you look online you can find at least one gruesome picture of the corpse of the first bomber, because this is america and thats the kind of thing that we need to leer at
You're making me report explosions in my Boston.

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

I don't remember deep shame and agony in the book, and he doesn't seem to address it these days. Nonetheless, he had some godawful opinions in the beginning.

so what if he supported the iraq war as a private citizen? most americans did at some point, he never wrote or spoke in advocacy of it, and says he was wrong to support it or think that way. there's a couple of shitty libertarian columns in the beginning which he has also denounced, but the man has been probably the most visible and prolific critic from the left of policy over the last six or seven years.

Really guys? Why do you need to defend these people, are there absolutely no charismatic anti-revisionists?

angelbutt_dollface posted:

how are that many people that incompetent

cops arent poeple

nike umm pulled these from the racks

Goethestein posted:

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

so what if he supported the iraq war as a private citizen? most americans did at some point, he never wrote or spoke in advocacy of it, and says he was wrong to support it or think that way. there's a couple of shitty libertarian columns in the beginning which he has also denounced, but the man has been probably the most visible and prolific critic from the left of policy over the last six or seven years.

It's too late to get into the first part.

I find the political turnaround to be interesting. And it's amusing to look back at his old stuff. Eight years ago he was railing against the treachery of fanatical anti-American forces in Latin America, and today he's a relatively influential anti-war, anti-imperialist commentator. How times have changed.

those empty city pics are weird. as far as i know, the suggestion to stay inside was just that, and you could probably be out in those areas if you wanted to, excepting the crime scene around the bombing. but i wonder about how harassed you would be by the police if you tried to just walk around outside

Goethestein posted:

those empty city pics are weird. as far as i know, the suggestion to stay inside was just that, and you could probably be out in those areas if you wanted to, excepting the crime scene around the bombing. but i wonder about how harassed you would be by the police if you tried to just walk around outside

they issued a shelter-in-place warning which is like an official emergency thing. i don't know if that's legally binding like a curfew though.

jamie foxx plays an injured cop who was suspended from the force for punching his crooked superior. surrounded by corrupt cops in a hospital bed after a terrorist attack, foxx befriends a chechen who claims he was framed by the police. when his erstwhile colleagues move in to silence the young man, foxx decides to intervene. but can foxx prove both of their innocence before the broken system consumes them?

"Some 48 hours after his arrest, the lone surviving suspect in the Boston Marathon bombing remains in serious condition in hospital — under heavy police guard, and under the same roof as some of the 180 people wounded in Monday's bloody attack."
baby huey percy newton released a video:

[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

when they said they thought he may never be able to answer questions, they forgot that just because he couldn't speak he could still answer questions by writing things down, so now they are getting him to write things down.

(inhales deeply) USA!! USA!! USA!!

So, which one of you is going to make the Know You Rights youtube video about how to inconvenience law enforcement when they're hunting for a terrorist who has already killed people in your area?

Seriously, some of you goons are just as dumb as the guys who think the 2nd amendment should have no limits.

actually no limits on the 2nd amendment would be pretty good thing overall.
there's already an ammo shortage right now in america and if you allowed fully auto weapons for civilians, there'd be no ammo in this country within a week

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

Goethestein posted:

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

that's just some crap that liberals have been floating around because they get all weepy when he opposes obama. if you give it a little thought, it doesn't make any sense at all as an attack on greenwald.

are you gonna argue that he's prone to support imperialist wars? because he's clearly not
are you gonna argue that he used his punditry to support the iraq war? well no because that was before he was writing
are you gonna say he had a wrong opinion once, that we only know about because he confessed it while writing about his political evolution, so now we can discard whatever he writes? well that's what his opponents are hoping for. also funny because 90% of them all supported the iraq war more than he did.

anyway he already did respond to that
http://ggsidedocs.blogspot.com.br/2013/01/frequently-told-lies-ftls.html

barack obama, to his credit, never publicly supported the iraq war. but then again at the time he was just some nobody community organizer working in the black community in chicago, and from what we've seen of obama is it highly likely that he would politically triangulate to support of it like he has done on every issu and like just about every democrat of the time did. typing that out reminded me of how during the run up to the iraq war republicans i would argue with irl would say shit like "but EVEN BILL CLINTON thinks we should invade iraq" and their absolutely baffled annoyance that i held a position outside of the two-party consensus
what the fuck. i was under the impression that people were voluntarily letting cops search their homes, how in the fuck is that legal
it's a good thing that they never came to my place because there is no way in the fucking world i would allow police to rummage through my house and throw me out without a warrant or probable cause. i don't want to come off as an internet tough guy here, please understand that i recognize that i would do or accomplish nothing more than being in jail with a broken face
Oh shit. Those terrorist dudes are in a lot of trouble now!
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/mass-police-bomb-suspects-didnt-have-gun-permit

Mass. police: Bomb suspects didn't have gun permit

CAMBRIDGE, Mass. (AP) — A Massachusetts police official say the brothers suspected of bombing the Boston Marathon before having shootouts with authorities didn't have gun permits.

ggw posted:

fwiw it looked like a lovely spring day when this was all happening

i guess they were afraid he barged into an occupied house and took it over but it's fuinny because he was in the easiest hiding place available and they didn't find him on account of they were too busy raiding peoples homes to walk an extra block

Edited by ilmdge ()

lmao the posters in a forum for grown men who enjoy windows 3d movie maker, a game for children released in 1998, think my piece contains 'every awful chiché of academic writing' and that i'm a 'douchebag'
link
whether or not you like me is apparently determined by what kind of childrens' media you consume
how concerned are you over whether people like you ken

getfiscal posted:

baby huey percy newton released a video:

Hasn't he been excommunicated for not 'checking his privilege'?

KENNETH

Goethestein posted:

yes, a giant sign for a massive oil conglomerate is now an official landmark and as such maintained by taxpayer dollars

hugo chavez is a handsome man indeed

i think glenchan columns are what first got me interested in the law as an avenue for social and (lol) international justice so fuck that son of a bitch in the face a thousand times i hope he dies motherfuck

ArisVelouchiotis posted:

cut him some slack. maybe it was just before he fully discovered the sexually and politically freeing influence of the Brazilian batty bwoy

[account deactivated]

Goethestein posted:

what the fuck. i was under the impression that people were voluntarily letting cops search their homes, how in the fuck is that legal

yeah theres a lot of people on Facebook right now (paid shills? idk) feverishly and immediately responding with insults and hysterics to anyone who even barely suggests that the searches by Boston police were anything but 100% voluntary and friendly, and all the dumb babby liberal groups im subscribed to keep trying to "prove" that it wasnt martial law by posting a single photo of a cop bringing somebody a jug of milk, because "Stalin wouldnt have done that". opposition of the permanent police state from the left no longer exists. game over man