WATERTOWN, Mass.—It's like a Fourth of July parade here, except this time the people genuinely mean it when they're clapping for the cops. The police cars are leaving the area one by one. As they go, they drive through a gauntlet of people at the corner of Mt. Auburn and Kimball. A line of locals, most of whom appear to be wearing Boston sports apparel, stand on both sides applauding, clapping, and yelling. A guy in a Red Sox cap and Red Sox pullover, who looks like he may have already had a few celebratory drinks, speaks for the crowd: “Yeah, let’s go, baby! Yeah, Boston!”

There are two women applauding heartily, both wearing red. The first, who's wearing a Jason Varitek Red Sox T-shirt says, "They're amazing." The second: "Oh my God." The first replies: "Oh my God is right."

A man in a Bruins T-shirt and a backwards cap asks a state policeman if there's any way he can shake his hand. The cop pauses for a second, walks over to him, looks him in the eye, and salutes him. He then does the same to the man's friend.

"Boston proud! Boston stro-ong!" Bruins guy yells, eliciting roars of delight from about 150 people.

People are also chanting: "USA! USA! USA!"
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

VoxNihili posted:

WATERTOWN, Mass.—It's like a Fourth of July parade here, except this time the people genuinely mean it when they're clapping for the cops. The police cars are leaving the area one by one. As they go, they drive through a gauntlet of people at the corner of Mt. Auburn and Kimball. A line of locals, most of whom appear to be wearing Boston sports apparel, stand on both sides applauding, clapping, and yelling. A guy in a Red Sox cap and Red Sox pullover, who looks like he may have already had a few celebratory drinks, speaks for the crowd: “Yeah, let’s go, baby! Yeah, Boston!”

There are two women applauding heartily, both wearing red. The first, who's wearing a Jason Varitek Red Sox T-shirt says, "They're amazing." The second: "Oh my God." The first replies: "Oh my God is right."

A man in a Bruins T-shirt and a backwards cap asks a state policeman if there's any way he can shake his hand. The cop pauses for a second, walks over to him, looks him in the eye, and salutes him. He then does the same to the man's friend.

"Boston proud! Boston stro-ong!" Bruins guy yells, eliciting roars of delight from about 150 people.

People are also chanting: "USA! USA! USA!"

this is really happening. acceleration now

cheering on cops...on the eve of 4/20. what is the world coming to
ahm fuckin qweeh for cahps

VoxNihili posted:

A man in a Bruins T-shirt and a backwards cap

change goatsteins name to this

Ironicwarcriminal posted:

that not happen if community party had guns
BANNED FROM /POL/: How the Boston Massacre shows that Liberalism Is Death, and Why That's A Good Thing
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-04-19/killed-chechen-bomber-brother-i-dont-have-single-american-friend-i-dont-understand-t

Killed Chechen Bomber Brother: "I Don't Have A Single American Friend, I Don't Understand Them."
Tyler Durden's picture
Submitted by Tyler Durden on 04/19/2013 08:44 -0400

Kazakhstan
Mohammad

While the first alleged terrorist bomber, 19 year-old Dhjokar Tsarnaev, born in Kyrgystan, is on the loose currently somewhere in Boston and is the target of a massive manhunt, his brother, 26 year-old, Tamerlan Tsarnaev, born in Russia and legal US resident since 2007, died overnight in a shootout with the local police. It appears he was a boxer, studied at Bunker Hill Community College, was very religious, didn't drink or smoke, wanted to become an engineer, and his favorite movie was Borat. His YouTube page can be found here: on it can be found videos of Islamic preacher Feiz Mohammad. Most informative is a captioned photo narrative by Johannes Hirn showcasing the older brother's boxing pursuits and a glimpse into his history and philosophy.

Tamerlan Tsarnaev practices boxing at the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts center

Originally from Chechnya, but living in the United States since five years, Tamerlan says: "I don't have a single American friend, I don't understand them."

Tamerlan, 196 lbs, will represent New England in the heavyweight category at the National Golden Gloves competition in Salt Lake City, Utah.

Tamerlan, who studies at Bunker Hill Community College in Boston and wants to become an engineer, took the semester off from school to train for the competition.

If he wins enough fights there, Tamerlan says he could be selected for the US Olympic team and be naturalized American. Unless his native Chechnya becomes independent, Tamerlan says he would rather compete for the United States than for Russia.

Tamerlan fled Chechnya with his family because of the conflict in the early 90s, and lived for years in Kazakhstan before getting to the United States as a refugee.

"I'm dressed European style," Tamerlan says.

Tamerlan stops to answer a phone call while walking from his Mercedes to the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts center, where he practices boxing

Tamerlan says he loves the movie "Borat," even though some of the jokes are a bit too much.

"When you start kicking, it gets dirty. That's what I think," Tamerlan says. Of kickboxers, he says: "They don't know how to move."

Tamerlan says he doesn't usually take his shirt off so girls don't get bad ideas: "I'm very religious."

Tamerlan says he doesn't drink or smoke anymore: "God said no alcohol." A muslim, he says: "There are no values anymore," and worries that "people can't control themselves."

Tamerlan says his girlfriend is half Portuguese, half Italian girlfriend and converted to Islam: "She's beautiful, man!"

Tamerlan demonstrates a way of walking to strengthen the ankle muscles at the Wai Kru Mixed Martial Arts center. A native of Chechnya, Tamerlan says: "In Russia, we used to train like this. Here nobody does it, I don't know why!"

And an interview of BBG TV with Tamerlan's sparring partner from the gym:

US Media posted:

The lives of American soldiers have more value than the people they kill, or any value at all, hey hey hey it's opposite day

CNN posted:

WASHINGTON—Following FBI reports this morning that the suspects implicated in Monday’s Boston Marathon bombing are of Chechen descent, efforts to thoughtlessly stereotype the alleged terrorists were impeded by the majority of Americans’ lack of basic knowledge about Chechnya or the Chechen people, a new study has confirmed.

yeah i'm against going outside as a rule but umm a victory party after a terrorist attack seems like a pretty high value target for yet another terrorist attack. somewhere on the east coast a sleeper cell is going "fuuuuck" and wishing they hadn't disassembled their first pressure cooker bomb because they wanted beans.
I would go to it, Dhjokar Tasarnev is my new life hero/role model.
that dude ruined my plans to name my kid jahar
#bostonstrong is trending on twitter

Goethestein posted:

Ive been thinking on what a piece of shit thing this is to say. Basically this is the same thing as going "heh I guess those liberals were wrong about it being caused by poverty" after oj Simpson killed his wife

oh god that's it, too much hyper-modernity. I'm going to bed and hopefully they're in psy video or something by the time i wake up.

yeah this terrorist is really awful in a fascinating way, like, i can pretty much guarantee dude has said in his life multiple times "Remember when the M in MTV used to stand for MUSIC?" or whatever

The TV is a round the clock cop slobbering, barrrf
[account deactivated]
i wrote some words about the bombings and dzokhar's tweets and the shoe spammers and so on you can read them if you want http://samkriss.wordpress.com/2013/04/20/boston-the-terrorism-of-banality/

getfiscal posted:

cops were out in full force today in montreal watching for arabs or whatever which is sort of weird because like was all of north america supposed to go on high alert because two americans tried to turn some runners into pasta sauce

There were NYPD in all metro stations and camo humvees barreling down manhattan avenues. Lol

on september 12th, 2001 a professor told me a poignant story about how she met some croatians who had organized an open air art exhibit or something during the balkan wars. she said their little art thing was being shelled. and the group of people were like fuck it we're staying in the open and celebrating life.

sorta puts the prideful cowardice of bostonians in perspective.
the best part of all of this isn't the crazy action movie chase and bombing and all that, but its the absolute joke of a trial we'll see
i wonder how many charges he'll get. like will they include breaking-and-entering the boat and shit.
Embarassing 'murica? Thats a paddlin
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/20/boston-marathon-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-mirnada-rights
lol i just looked through the memes on imgur about this
re: all the people standing around near the arrest and cheering cops, remember that that was one of the few neighborhoods that HADNT had cops going house to house, kicking in doors, swiss-cheesing living room walls with automatic rifle fire

http://vk.com/id160300242people are spamming his FB with hate messages and also advertisers seemingly spamming it with shoe ads to capture this dynamic new market.

toronto report: there was a cop in the convenience store this morning. he picked up a packet of donuts, held it for a few seconds, gently put it back and bought a couple of apples instead
yeah they do that with suckling pigs dont they

Goethestein posted:

The TV is a round the clock cop slobbering, barrrf

you're just noticing this today huh

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Beck Gives Obama Till Monday to Admit Boston Bombing was Inside Job
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PODZaaMTwfg

its all over for obama

gyrofry posted:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/apr/20/boston-marathon-dzhokhar-tsarnaev-mirnada-rights

i get the feeling they don't really understand miranda rights, much like most american citizens. they're only required in certain circumstances and are easily waived in many other. its not this iron clad agreement between the state and the offender

[account deactivated]