cars posted:

Deadly Chinese
'super-bear' reported;
'eats... shoots and leaves'

Wow I guess we do have something in common with the Chinese. eats, shoots, and leaves is also the average american's favourite pastime (getting diabetes then murdering people)

*skimming* yes, diabetes. haha Very good.
Top story, Fox News dot com

Top story, CNN dot com

.......if you’re wondering wth that CNN story even is, it’s “analysis” (an opinion piece, increasingly how the top “story” on CNN is tagged) about how Biden is having a Brave True President moment by not sending more vaccine to Michigan in response to a big spike in COVID cases, “brave” because the governor is a Democrat and Michigan is a swing state in the ???? election. A soft and echoed lmao
the other top CNN stories are 1) Beijing secretly & eternally about to attack Taipei and 2) Moscow secretly & eternally about to attack Kiev

cars posted:

CNN

China's fleet of 'Little Blue Men': Beijing has a navy it doesn't even admit exists, experts say. And it's swarming parts of the South China Sea (analysis)

The best part of that article is the statement from China’s government describing the article topic that the writer quotes to prove that China’s government “doesn’t even admit” the article topic “exists”

sovnarkoman posted:

because embedding broke:

Opinion: The American right is becoming completely untethered from reality
by max boot

When it comes to “information warfare,” illiberal regimes such as Russia have a major advantage over liberal democracies such as the United States. U.S. government agencies such as the State Department’s Global Engagement Center put the best possible spin on U.S. actions but aren’t allowed to simply lie.

By contrast, Russia’s troll farm (formerly known as the Internet Research Agency), its foreign intelligence agency, the SVR, and other organs of the Kremlin are free to spin fantasies out of thin air: Malaysian airliner MH17, shot down by pro-Russian rebels over Ukraine, was actually a victim of the CIA. A democratic revolution in Ukraine was actually a fascist uprising. . .

Russia brought this nihilistic mind-set to its covert efforts to influence the outcome of the 2016 and 2020 elections in Donald Trump’s favor. But the American right, which was effectively allied with the Kremlin in both campaigns, has so successfully internalized the secret of Russian disinformation operations that it no longer requires much — if any — help from Vladimir Putin.

max proceeds to talk about red meat consumption and kamela's kids book

Edited by zhaoyao ()

The funniest thing about the Council on Foreign Relations, to me, is that the obvious CIA cutout which is consistently staffed with, lead by, and giving puff pieces/keynote speaker gigs to prominent CIA figures, is considered by nazi conspiracy cranks to be a secretive Marxist cabal of media controlling Jews working tirelessly to sap the vital essence of the USA's military might. Goes to show how effective red baiting disinformation campaigns are, when you can convince (admittedly, very stupid) people that the notoriously antisemitic Rockefeller's openly advertising CIA collaboration project is somehow the exact opposite.
Even without the overt ties to CIA think tanks or whatever, the idea that there is something inherently noble about amerikkka that prevents its propaganda operations from pushing complete fabrications is ridiculous on its face, like a 90s comedy sketch where the stoner insists that if you simply ask an undercover cop whether they're cop they're not allowed to lie about it.
"the cia is not allowed to lie" just fujckin kill me now instead of sending me to die in a trench outside krasnodar

招瑤 posted:

By contrast, Russia’s troll farm (formerly known as the Internet Research Agency), its foreign intelligence agency, the SVR, and other organs of the Kremlin are free to spin fantasies out of thin air: A democratic revolution in Ukraine was actually a fascist uprising. . .

lol on the day this article was published they had a march in kiev commemorating the SS galicia division

shriekingviolet posted:

still cant get over the fact that there is a university chair named after a moron whose most famous thing was having theorized the idea that right wing dictatorships are preferable and should be supported in the fight against communism

looks like i m taking over this thread

[account deactivated]

sovnarkoman posted:

that clip is revolting but so is the pretense that the problem is simply that vice is pro-saudi, as though the interests they are algined with are not those of the western military industrial complex

i detest the woke liberal john oliver stance of "we are just too friendly to our saudi allies and need to have some stern words about what they are doing over there"
i wouldn't put those words in adam johnson's mouth, he's got a good head on his shoulders re us imperialism
I don't know who the twitter man is sorry
the twitter man also does a media criticism internet talk radio show called citations needed
oh okay. i only listen to podcasts about video games because i am emotionally stunted
Two Dogs And Their Humans Rescued From River
Adam Johnson is of the eXile type, I may disagree with him in many cases but he nevertheless officially Owns. He is definitely not saying anything like the line that evil Arabs are mind-controlling the U.S. to be bad.

招瑤 posted:

U.S. government agencies such as the State Department’s Global Engagement Center put the best possible spin on U.S. actions but aren’t allowed to simply lie.

Roger Garside is a former diplomat, development banker, and capital market development advisor. He twice served in the British Embassy in Beijing and is the author of the highly acclaimed Coming Alive: China After Mao.

same guy also wrote this book: https://www.ucpress.edu/book/9780520380974/china-coup

An expert’s take on how a coup in China could launch a transition to democracy.

This short book predicts—contrary to the prevailing consensus—that China’s leader Xi Jinping will very soon be removed from office in a coup d’état mounted by rivals in the top leadership. The leaders of the coup will then end China’s one-party dictatorship and launch a transition to democracy and the rule of law. Long-time diplomat and development banker Roger Garside draws on his deep knowledge of Chinese politics and economics first to develop a detailed scenario of how these events may unfold, and then—in the main body of the book—to explain why. His gripping, persuasive account of how Chinese leaders plot and plan away from the public eye is unique in published literature.

Garside argues that under Xi’s overconfident leadership, China is on a collision course with an America that is newly awakened out of complacency. As Xi’s rivals look abroad, they are alarmed that he is blind to the reactions that China’s actions have provoked from the world’s strongest power and its allies. In domestic affairs, Xi’s rivals recognize that economic and social change without political reform have created problems that require not just new leaders but a new system of government. Security abroad and stability at home demand a revolution to which Xi is implacably opposed. To save China—and themselves—from catastrophe, they must remove him and end the dictatorship he is determined to defend. But their will and capacity to do so depend crucially on how liberal democracies act. Garside’s scenario shows America leading its allies in creating the conditions in which Xi’s rivals move against him.

sovnarkoman posted:

Never forget that at a time when "islamic state" controlled large swathes of Syria and were producing videos where they beheaded journalists then let a VICE news crew led by Medyan Dairieh in to film them doing doughnuts in a tank and other quirky and cool stuff. the peabody award was just the cherry on top. what i mean by this is that VICE are CIA and so is DAESH and probably peabody, whoever the fuck that is.

the propaganda so photogenic it made for an okay photo that took an entire day to stage
*carefully laying out soon-to-be-destroyed '60s-design machine guns on the deck of a giant useless boat under the Arabian sun for the greater glory of CNN* wow I can't wait to get drunk and kill myself
There’s no better argument for the one party state as a tool to resist western aggression than how upset all the spies and bankers get when they come across one
instantly recognize the 1994 national geographic world map that came w the one w sea turtles on the cover
finally, some refreshing honesty!
the universally recognized hitler salute: "holding up your phone to film"
Behold... the double war crime.

owned lol

meanwhile hasbies are outdoing each other

Edited by sovnarkoman ()