thirdplace posted:

Dimashq posted:

Also, I am a rhizzone noob obviously, but I’ve read a fair share of threads from awhile back and wow, this place was crawling with fascists and insane people (like that Lykourgos guy) back in the day.

lykourgos is a criminal prosecutor who maintains an active twitter account that constantly retweets bog-standard pepe shit, fucked up but true

ew

red kahina is currently in my mentions demanding that i become a race scientist in order to disprove her claim jews are all ferangi irl

where do all these monochrome communist photo avatar'd antisemite dudes even come from and why do they always beleive they're intitled to a debate on the merits of jew skull shape or whatever

Dimashq posted:

Also, I am a rhizzone noob obviously, but I’ve read a fair share of threads from awhile back and wow, this place was crawling with fascists and insane people (like that Lykourgos guy) back in the day.

idk if he was insane, i think he just had a really bizarre obsession with ancient texts.

Lykourgos posted:

RedMaistre posted:

Are there any authors out there that have pursued a blending of Platonism with Chinese philosophy or is that mainly your own idea ?

I don't know if anyone has written about it; I don't really read modern texts except for work. I haven't encountered anyone irl who does it, either. I just think that both Greek and Chinese Classics represent the high point in a lot of fields, and taken together they provide us with the best foundation to create a superior world. I don't necessarily need to inject both of them into every discussion; it's possible to speak about only Hellenes at one time, only Chinese at another. Ultimately, though, I think that supremely educated people would freely draw from both groups of texts.

One day a new Plutarch will compare their lives, and future generations will find it quite normal to merge them all. Ideally people would form some sort of society that is rooted in the ancients and excludes anything written east of Ionia or west of Han Gu Pass.

i think thats enough

[account deactivated]
Lykourgos is just an elder posting veteran who believes strongly in a contemporary-style a-la-carte neo-pagan belief system that presents judges and prosecutors for the governments of the United States as both the philosopher kings of Plato and the pinnacle of Confucian achievement and treats tenuous parallels between Plato and Confucius as the sole useful way to view the world. People would tell him his gimmick sucked and people who met him said it wasn't a gimmick. They were both right insofar as adopting an attention-seeking tactic down to your core by living it 24/7 year after year makes it not really a gimmick anymore. Objectively that also makes his posts racist, but, Hell,
also he puts black people in prison for a living and in the last week alone retweeted two richard spencer posts, one identity europa post, a series of hysterical complaints about a tepid liberal effort to get more minorities to work for the national trust, a donald trump post bragging about a rasmussen poll, and this
altho one of the dick spencer tweets was anti-syrian intervention so i guess it's not all bad!
its severely fucked that the most influential voices calling for nonintervention in Syria are fucking fascists, and have been for years, and left orgs who follow an anti-imperialist line are tilting dangerously close to red-brown alliance
no, they aren't, and no, they aren't
but paranoid weirdos on twitter

littlegreenpills posted:

its severely fucked that the most influential voices calling for nonintervention in Syria are fucking fascists,

cars posted:

no, they aren't,

the most influential voices tho. maybe not out and out fascists but republican pundits like tucker carlson, sure! and he's much more influential than any left anti-imperialist org. now excuse me while i go eat these... *squints at cue card* tide pods. haha.

I haven't been on twitter all day and have vowed not to do so until next Tuesday, what are the ethics of being in this thread?

animedad posted:

Caesura109 posted:

How can anyone LARP as a revolutionary that way while being so online they contribute the add revenue equivalent of three average users

That crew are really invested in the idea that twitter is the best place to do counter-propaganda work. Which I mean, we're all talking about it but there's a decent chance they've made substantial errors

Which is something I don't really get. I remember Tarzie commenting on that and saying if they really wanted to reach the most people they'd go of Facebook, because that's where most people are.

They don't want to reach people, they want to try to land an own on a news personality so that they can feel important without any need for risk, committed engagement, or long term effort.
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

They don't want to reach people, they want to try to land an own on a news personality so that they can feel important without any need for risk, committed engagement, or long term effort.

ironic, since being a journalist is just about the biggest self-own possible

Caesura109 posted:

Who are the most influential voices anti-interventionists on the left? Blumenthal's exposees have rustled enough lib and leftist interventionist feathers that I think he takes the prize.

liberal "humanitarian" sorts haven't stopped being apoplectic over greenwald's betrayal

Caesura109 posted:

Who are the most influential voices anti-interventionists on the left?

literally millions of people who live outside the white West?

Caesura109 posted:

Who are the most influential voices anti-interventionists on the left?

his excellency dr bashar al assad

if he was good at shitposting he would ve called him "butcher al gassad" or some shit
ASSad
I love to kill my people. and enjoy it
[account deactivated]
Gas Killing Animal is what we used to call the dog when she would constantly fart in the car. RIP
An animal that kills gas?
Doggo had gut problems. We would have to roll down all the windows to vent the suffocating cloud, even when it was -20 below. Definitely Terrorism
I appreciate that everyone moved on from the Commie Ned Flanders discussion a week ago. but now that I have an account here, I just really wanted to say, that his post telling people to “go on GTA V and start talking to children about capitalism” is hands down one of the funniest things I have ever read, and sometimes when I’m trying to go to sleep I’ll remember it out of nowhere and start laughing, like just happened to me now. Thanks
as a jew, i can confirm that jews are funny tho

whiskeyjuvenile posted:

as a jew, i can confirm that jews are funny tho

counterpoint: you're posts.

yarmulked

Ruzbihan posted:

I appreciate that everyone moved on from the Commie Ned Flanders discussion a week ago. but now that I have an account here, I just really wanted to say, that his post telling people to “go on GTA V and start talking to children about capitalism” is hands down one of the funniest things I have ever read, and sometimes when I’m trying to go to sleep I’ll remember it out of nowhere and start laughing, like just happened to me now. Thanks

Bc World of Warcraft is still, by far, the superior recruiting tool.

I used to go on GTA5 and tell kids I was gonna call the cops on their parents for letting them play an M rated game

littlegreenpills posted:

its severely fucked that the most influential voices calling for nonintervention in Syria are fucking fascists, and have been for years, and left orgs who follow an anti-imperialist line are tilting dangerously close to red-brown alliance

i decided to "old man yells at cloud" at chapo for being silent on syria and well everything

they actually replied and basically agreed that they dont cover anything meaningful

the daily show defense

Edited by ilmdge ()

The big thing on twitter today was some doc dem dipshit offering up a lame troll that Lenin would’ve been in DSA mad would’ve pushed for Bernie 2020 and then a bunch of 10/10 riffs on it
[account deactivated]
More like chapeau crap hat!!! Pardon my french lol