disagree. john mccain might have to retire.
Comey's kind of interesting to me because the administration probably carried him over from the previous one because Comey was the one selected from among the intelligence agency heads to "warn" Trump about the supposed "impending" dossier leak, in this shady "I'm your real friend" way that involved having the CIA director step outside the room when he did it, and of course that massively reported "warning" from the head of the FBI to the president elect was one of the catalysts for the dossier getting published at all.

I posted back in January what a smooth move it was, because between that and the action taken on Clinton before the election, it made Comey look like he was Trump's pal and prompted the administration to keep Comey on, when obviously the FBI had been part of the security agency dossier hit, which was itself proven pretty thoroughly by the Washington Post reporting the story about the Comey/Trump meeting, since obviously no one in that chain is lately in the habit of publishing secret meetings between the head of the FBI and the president elect on issues of supposed national security.

And now six months later Comey appears before Congress and explains that in the best interests of the FBI, he's been keeping copious notes on every meeting he's had with Trump concerning the same topic. ayyy Lmao.
the shorter version is that there was some serious work put in by the "security" community to keep Comey in the Trump administration for the exact purpose of doing what he just did.
I appreciate the 'coles notes' lol. Your posts are the best cars, but sometimes I have to read between the lines/ connect some contextual dots. It's not a bad thing per se, but a sign you are posting at a !high! Level

Belphegor posted:

I appreciate the 'coles notes' lol. Your posts are the best cars, but sometimes I have to read between the lines/ connect some contextual dots. It's not a bad thing per se, but a sign you are posting at a !high! Level

every day i strive for concise get fiscal like memes.

This is the top headline on Fox News dot com right now and it's likely true because Comey was probably packing his fishing rod and bait box every time he went in to meet with Trump, hoping to get whatever he could to rat Trump and Trump's people out later. But given how magnanimously pleasant the response from the press has been over the last couple days to Comey testifying that he's been exploiting them this whole time, calling up his friends in the middle of the night to "leak" damaging stories, I feel like most reporters' and Democrats' response to any tapes of Comey fawning over Trump to get him to say rude things is going to be Yass queen drag him. The way they see it, now the spies work for the Democrats and so it shall be forevermore.
To me this is a lot more important than the implications for the bourgeois parties because understanding the material aspects of imperialist ventures and the anti-left police state means keeping track of how the U.S. deep state manages top-level political discourse over time. They need money to do what they do and they need to keep their hands free, and they do that through these concentric circles of in-the-know people.

Usually that radiates out from the core of agency leaders and para-government retirees into the Washington cocktail set among both parties, and from there to the press, through leaks from the politicians, their appointees and their staff. But often enough, and this is one of those times, the deep state core does an end run around the rest of Washington straight to the press, and part of that is communicating an implied threat to both bourgeois parties' leadership about how they aren't strictly necessary for that "security" core to exercise power. Comey could not give a shit less what the White House and Congress think of him, he'll likely exercise just as much political power in his country from a beach house in Florida as he did in his previous post, if not more. He was more or less honest about how a special counsel is just a means for his clique to apply that kind of pressure, because saying that to Washington politicians and the press adds to that clique's influence. It's a threat leveled against everyone else at the hearing.
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/20/politics/chelsea-clinton-fat-shaming-sean-spicer-steve-bannon/index.html
really what is a hillarytar? i think they are little lizard spawns
iirc its a reference to the old Laissez Faire forum on SA back in the runup to the 08 election when a bunch of people got obama avatars and were big obama boosters
a minotaur who has jokes
Wrap it up, Obamailures.
why_not_both.jpg
it's morming again in Amerca
The Dawn of the Third Day
jesus fuck
for real, if you punched someone hard enough to reach orbit, there's no way that a normal 71 year old man would survive that. plus there's no air in space, so you wouldn't be able to hear him even if he did!

thirdplace posted:

for real, if you punched someone hard enough to reach orbit, there's no way that a normal 71 year old man would survive that. plus there's no air in space, so you wouldn't be able to hear him even if he did!

thirdplace posted:

He's fine, he's running around, he's jumping

today is the one year anniversary of pokemon go to the polls

cars posted:

To me this is a lot more important than the implications for the bourgeois parties because understanding the material aspects of imperialist ventures and the anti-left police state means keeping track of how the U.S. deep state manages top-level political discourse over time. They need money to do what they do and they need to keep their hands free, and they do that through these concentric circles of in-the-know people.

Usually that radiates out from the core of agency leaders and para-government retirees into the Washington cocktail set among both parties, and from there to the press, through leaks from the politicians, their appointees and their staff. But often enough, and this is one of those times, the deep state core does an end run around the rest of Washington straight to the press, and part of that is communicating an implied threat to both bourgeois parties' leadership about how they aren't strictly necessary for that "security" core to exercise power. Comey could not give a shit less what the White House and Congress think of him, he'll likely exercise just as much political power in his country from a beach house in Florida as he did in his previous post, if not more. He was more or less honest about how a special counsel is just a means for his clique to apply that kind of pressure, because saying that to Washington politicians and the press adds to that clique's influence. It's a threat leveled against everyone else at the hearing.

it would be very great if you wrote a whole thing about the Comey saga from your pov from beginning to end. what do you need to do this

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

today is the one year anniversary of pokemon go to the polls

HBO Go to the polls