shapes posted:

i keep seeing all these liberal think-piecers and Occupy Democrat memes comparing Trump to Nixon, but Hillary reminds me way more of Nixon than any other politician: the terminal paranoia that ultimately backfires and ends their careers, the sheer jouissance they get at bombing other countries to oblivion, the ability to construct entire ideologies out of nothing to win elections even if they're totally incoherent, and the legion of hanger-ons and aides that continue to display baffling loyalty long after its clear that the boss will happily throw them under a bus to survive (Pat Buchanan STILL insists that Nixon did nothing illegal). both "overqualified", both losing elections to young/inexperienced upstarts

the difference is that (Kennedy aside) Nixon was actually a pretty savvy when it came to US electoral politics, while Hillary has the absolute worst instincts i've ever seen of a career politician.

nixon also had a sense of humour

I don't, uh, know, who created, "Pokemon Go." But, I, uh, need you to Pokemon Go to the liquor store.
[account deactivated]
*irish cop walks up* alright, move aelong there folks, nothin tae see haer, 'e's gay
donna brazile is a piece of shit. she was caught helping rig the primaries by sending questions to the clinton campaign before debates, a fact she ignores while she bravely reveals the truth behind the evil clintonian attempt to steal the nomination and ruin her precious party. the most significant part of her "expose" is that apparently the clintons have finally lost enough power in the democratic party that even some of their longtime stooges are comfortable stabbing them in the back

the latest hubbub from her book, released tuesday, is that she was considering replacing hilary/tim kaine with biden/cory booker as candidates mere weeks before the election. this conveniently overlooks the fact that as dnc chair she did not have the power to do anything like that and theres no evidence she discussed it with anyone who did. but yeah, shes a hero for speaking truth to power
while i dont doubt that donna brazile is a piece of shit we should regard her turning turncoat as like an interracial couple in a verizon ad. yes it's cynically a grab for a new market but otoh the fact that they feel like they have to do that means we are winning
for anyone who doesn’t know, Micah White is one of a small group of lying con artists who claimed after the fact to have “invented” Occupy, for the purposes of setting up their own private speakers’ bureau and charging thousands of dollars per engagement
they're really cool people, a cabal of them skyped in to the local occupy camp and we told them to go fuck themselves. those were good times
i invented occupy

TG posted:

donna brazile is a piece of shit. she was caught helping rig the primaries by sending questions to the clinton campaign before debates, a fact she ignores while she bravely reveals the truth behind the evil clintonian attempt to steal the nomination and ruin her precious party. the most significant part of her "expose" is that apparently the clintons have finally lost enough power in the democratic party that even some of their longtime stooges are comfortable stabbing them in the back

*hurriedly runs into the Rhizzone front page printing press* STOP THE PRESSES!!! WE CAN'T RUN WITH THE COVER STORY ANYMORE!

*a grimy man in overall jeans pulls a giant switch, the printing presses slowly grind to a halt*

*camera zooms in on tomorrow's Rhizzone front page article* "WHY AL GORE'S FORMER CAMPAIGN MANAGER IS A HERO OF THE PROLETARIAN REVOLUTION"

tears posted:

i invented occupy

*stands up, slightly confused but beaming, never more proud of anything in my entire life* and i invented occupy!

i invented disco
donna brailes book:

So while I was supposed to be relaxing in the comfortable rocking chairs on Glenn’s porch on Martha’s Vineyard, I was on my phone and iPad communicating with FEMA and with the president’s staff about the record flooding in Baton Rouge, making sure that resources were going to the places where they were needed, and fielding calls and messages from hundreds of people in my extended circle who were trapped or displaced by the flooding of ten rivers. And into the middle of all this walked the Damn Duck.

Evidently someone in a Donald Duck costume kept showing up at Donald Trump’s campaign rallies calling him out for ducking the release of his taxes. Ha ha. With all the noise and confusion and flat-out fear of this campaign, the duck did not surface to the level of my other concerns until one of my bosses at ABC emailed me. The message was titled, “I hate to bother you on your time off…” and it read: “BUT—Richard Bates of the Walt Disney Company is trying to reach you about the DNC’s using Donald Duck. He is desperate.” Then the phone rang, and it was Robin Sproul, the DC bureau chief from ABC News.

“Donna, you have got to stop using the duck,” she said.

“What do you mean?”

“Well, the Clinton campaign and the DNC are using Donald Duck at these Trump events,” Robin said.

“No we’re not. I didn’t approve that,” I said.

I looked online to see what she was referring to and suddenly I was seeing that duck everywhere: in Los Angeles, in Charlotte, North Carolina, and even one going down the escalator in Trump Tower, just as the other Donald had to announce his candidacy. This duck got around! The Damn Duck was even issuing press releases, questioning if Trump was not releasing his tax returns because he was not as rich as he was claiming to be, or didn’t really donate to charity, or didn’t pay any taxes. And press reports said that Donald Duck was from the DNC, intending to follow Trump wherever he appeared to heckle him for not releasing his taxes.

I sat on the porch at Glenn’s looking out toward Katama Bay, stunned by the idiocy of whoever thought this was a good idea. I have never been a big fan of people dressing up in animal costumes to make a political point. This was not the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade and it was not Mardi Gras, either. I’d been chair for less than a month, but I thought I’d taken control of all these different factions and finally calmed things down. Here was evidence that I still had to resolve many ongoing things lest the party continue to be embarrassed by these amateur stunts. Donald Duck is owned by Disney, which owns ABC. In addition to all the other trouble the party was in, we just might have a trademark infringement case on our hands. I had to stop the Damn Duck.

“A duck?” I said to Glenn Hutchins. “How the hell did a duck get past me?”

So I called Patrice at the office. She said she would have someone from the press office call me, because they had been coordinating it.

“You mean we have a duck?” I asked. “We have a duck! Why do we have a duck?”

I hate the duck. When I was a kid people used to call me Daffy because my name was Donna. I don’t want no damned duck, and now Richard Bates, the ABC vice president of government affairs is calling me. I called the DC office again.

“Kill the damn duck!” I said. “Kill the fucking duck, goddammit!

“Why are you worrying about the duck?”

“I hate the duck!”

The idea that the campaign—and as far as I knew it was not the DNC—was paying someone to follow Donald Trump around in a duck costume struck me as the opposite of what we should be doing to keep the focus on Hillary’s strengths as a candidate. And, by the way, was this not proof of paid protestors? Every time Donald Trump made the claim that we were paying people to protest his rallies, we denied it furiously. That was just not something that the Democrats would ever do, and then here was the Damn Duck. I started emailing up the ladder at the campaign to get to someone in a decision-making role to fix this, but the first person to respond was Brandon.

Brandon said this was no problem. The campaign and DNC lawyers had signed off on it and besides we had not heard anything from Disney.

The reason I was emailing was because we had heard from Disney.

I was sitting on the porch of this beautiful home hearing the soothing sound of the ocean just a few hundred feet away but I was spending all my energy on this duck. Glenn was part owner of the Boston Celtics, and inside the house in the kitchen were three very fine-looking basketball players making me breakfast, and I was out here where the WiFi signal was best, trying to get someone to pay attention to the risk posed by this Damn Duck. I was supposed to appear on that panel about the presidential race in a few hours, but I could not settle in and focus on the comments I was going to make. Who could I get to kill the Damn Duck?

By the afternoon I had made some progress in convincing some of the campaign leaders and lawyers that the duck had to go, so I could concentrate on making my case for Hillary at the panel, but the duck was always in the back of my mind. I sat at the front of the Old Whaling Church in Edgartown, my iPad on the table in front of me so I could follow the updates the Obama administration was sending me about its response to the storm. I was in touch with the governor of Louisiana and the mayor of Baton Rouge as well as with FEMA. In between notifications from them, I was getting distracted by messages about the Damn Duck.

By the next morning I got a call from Charlie Baker wanting to know why I was worried about the duck.

“Charlie, because I’m still—I’m on leave from Walt Disney, which owns ABC. I’m an ABC contributor, and it’s their duck. Not my duck. Not the DNC’s duck. It’s their duck and they do not want us to use the duck. Please stop using the fucking duck.”

I hung up the phone and looked online where I saw they were using the duck at a noon Trump event.

I’m slow to anger, very slow, but once I am angry, get out of Delores’s way. I called Marc Elias, the lawyer for the Hillary campaign, and told him that I had heard from ABC and Disney about the duck and he had to kill it.

“The duck is the intellectual property of Disney. They could sue us, okay? Do you want that story out there? Hillary’s about to go to California to raise money and she’s going to see Bob Iger, the CEO of Disney, who is holding this fund-raiser, and this is coming from him. What do you want to do? Have him cancel the fund-raiser? I know you all want that money. So get rid of the fucking duck!”

“Donna, this was Hillary’s decision to use the duck,” he said. He explained a close friend had suggested it to Hillary and she thought it was a great idea. Apparently someone wanted to use Uncle Sam but Hillary’s friend vetoed that, saying a duck was a lot funnier.

Was he kidding? He was not. What a brilliant decision! Can someone get this message to her? Is she the only one who can kill the Damn Duck?

Marc Elias was the man to call. By noon he had killed the duck once and for all, and the next morning I was able to enjoy my breakfast with the NBA. I enjoyed it very much, in fact.
so much to unpack there but im having trouble just getting past the godawful writing style
[account deactivated]
can someone help me unpack this article? im not sure how to read donald duck
“Kill the damn duck!” I said. “Kill the fucking duck, goddammit!

“Why are you worrying about the duck?”

“I hate the duck!”

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
This is probably not a problem for most people who are not as Online as I but it is sincerely starting to get grating that any political analysis beyond Trump Bad - including not just criticism of Democrats but also of other Republicans- is immediately declaimed as "dividing us" and "playing into Russia's hands"
from our old friend glt:

https://theoutline.com/post/2466/wonkette-the-blog-nobody-needs

On the numerous rape accusations against Bill, Schoenkopf wrote in 2016: “I think Bill Clinton could very well have raped Juanita Broaddrick; that it doesn’t make him an evil man, or irredeemable” and if he did, “It doesn’t even necessarily make him a bad feminist — you know, later, once he stops doing that.”

Since when did this, become hotter than

this

Populares posted:

what's probably even sicker here than White's umpteenth attempt to exploit Occupy for a career built off speakers' fees for him and his little gang is this: the "advent" of building fake social protest movements in other countries happened a long time ago, and it was and is done primarily by the United States, using USAID money laundered through U.S.-based and foreign non-profits, "contributed" unknowingly by U.S. taxpayers and under the guidance of the U.S. State Department after it was granted a license to kill yearly by Congress, and not as an "effective alternative" to violent coups against foreign governments, but to provide a launching platform for those violent coups, again funded through U.S. Congressional spending and guided by U.S. agencies as they work tirelessly to destroy other countries' economies and governments, including Russia's

[account deactivated]
I can't wait till all these people with Hillary tats get explain to their older children about her significance. Someone's cursory knowledge of Clinton is going to be at best.... bill clinton... Lost to obama... secretary of state (Something about Libya?).... Lost to trump... Dead...
"So, uh, why did you get the tattoo?"

History is not going to treat her well. In 10 years people aren't going to be talking about her courage, leadership, or whatever other bullshit platitude gets referenced when someone vomits their obsession with her. It's going to be all the garbage that went down over the last twenty or so years. And there's a lot. It's going to leave a lot of people feeling very embarrassed with themselves.
[account deactivated]
https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/12/20/how-to-beat-trump-2020-elections-generic-democrat-216121
A kinder, gentler machine gun hand

i was thinking about what a Hillary choice tim kaine was. i read many (anecdotal) articles about how Trump choosing a relatively normal and devout Republican in Pence gave him a push among evangelical voters who were skeptical of his rambling immorality. he didn't have to do that, he could very plausibly have chosen steve bannon or ivanka or sarah palin or stone cold steve austin. i don't think kaine netted hillary a single extra vote. she could have chosen sanders or warren to reach left, or a more charismatic politician to help at events, or a black woman or hispanic to shore up the obama vote. instead she chose a bland white nobody from a state she was going to win anyway to try to chase the Moderate Republican vote
i actually forgot kaine was her running mate. and who tim kaine is
shouldve had tim kane
i dont think so tim
im pretty sure if hillary said she wanted to change the WWE back to the WWF most people here would've voted for her

she should've appeared with The Godfather and said she now supports BLM

Come get on the Hill! train

swampman posted:

did you see this one goat