I used to play Alpha Centauri a lot. I found out a few years ago that people play as Morgan Industries and use bore holes and such to get enormous resources and my real initial reaction was horror... I was like... how could they do that to the planet?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
tw that shit.
[account deactivated]
henrykrinnekl is what the french call "le gay"
m.u.l.e. is perhaps the lfist game
http://denver.cbslocal.com/2016/06/30/city-used-homeless-donations-to-assist-with-homeless-sweep/
I just saw a list of important survival equipment to carry with you if you want to play a pokemon game where you walk around outside. Like people are being told to carry emergency contact info and epipens to walk outside and play a phone game.

Police are asking people playing the new pokemon game to stop walking out into traffic.

what the fucking fuck
it's a better place to live in pokemon game. please put me in your balls and carry me home in them.
[account deactivated]
so far i've seen about a dozen groups of three people wandering around near my apartment, ranging in age from their teens to thirty-somethings. last night i saw a trio of fairly normal looking adult yuppie types darting their eyes all over the place with their phones out and at first i thought they were tourists who were lost or something, but then i heard the sounds of pokemon coming out of their phone.
[account deactivated]
dude, yesterday i was outside my front door and i have two keys that are very similar, and i've attached this plastic ring around one key which works when i can see it, but the light outside my front door burned out while i was out and so i was fumbling around in the dark and long story short someone snuck up behind me and inserted a stone into my ass and i evolved into vaporeon. this has really gotten out of hand quickly because eevee can go any which way and water type is absolutely not what you want in a country currently full of shooters wandering around in body armor.

aerdil posted:

so far i've seen about a dozen groups of three people wandering around near my apartment, ranging in age from their teens to thirty-somethings. last night i saw a trio of fairly normal looking adult yuppie types darting their eyes all over the place with their phones out and at first i thought they were tourists who were lost or something, but then i heard the sounds of pokemon coming out of their phone.

apparently thieves are setting up pokemon beacons in isolated areas and robbing the nerds that venture out in a thematically appropriate reversal of roles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Efxm8IOd0xg

they dont have pokemon go in canada so people are playing a knockoff called Awesome Monster Quest or something. that's some very impressive reverse engineering
i will use it to murder my enemies by putting pokemons on the edge of a poorly lit cliff

littlegreenpills posted:

they dont have pokemon go in canada so people are playing a knockoff called Awesome Monster Quest or something. that's some very impressive reverse engineering

lol canada sucks

i'm taking all sorts of pictures for google and the CIA for free but look i get an imaginary animal that does almost nothing
[account deactivated]
approximately 50% of US food production is left to rot in the field, fed to livestock, or dumped to landfill, because US grocery retailers are increasingly rejecting entire crops for minor cosmetic blemishes.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2016/jul/13/us-food-waste-ugly-fruit-vegetables-perfect
You can probably think of multiple ways to mitigate the problem stated in the preceding post but back here in reality the only solution is to monetize it by delivering curated packages of blemished vegetables to individual liberal guilty bourgeois in san francisco by subscription service. http://www.imperfectproduce.com/home/
all i know is that the peaches i bought from safeway in san francisco today really suck
It was quite a painful shock of moving to the northwest, to find that people actually sold for human consumption peaches grown outside of georgia and alabama. Those things from Idaho are a different species with a phonetically similar name. I question their safety.
millions of peaches. peaches for me. millions of peaches. peaches for free - kim jong un (he fat)

MarxUltor posted:

I just saw a list of important survival equipment to carry with you if you want to play a pokemon game where you walk around outside. Like people are being told to carry emergency contact info and epipens to walk outside and play a phone game.

Police are asking people playing the new pokemon game to stop walking out into traffic.

what the fucking fuck

from what i can tell from when i talk to everyday americans the idea of being downtown, or taking the bus, or being around other people they don't know is all terrifying and they might be murdered at any moment by desperate homeless people who are all constantly on seven kinds of drugs and will rape and murder anyone they see. i just assumed that was taught inside the elementary schools that are surrounded by chain-link fences and metal detectors and giant signs that say doubled sentences for using drugs or weapons on school property. truly the land of the free

drwhat posted:

from what i can tell from when i talk to everyday americans the idea of being downtown, or taking the bus, or being around other people they don't know is all terrifying

which ones, where

[account deactivated]
In a 4-3 decision, the Ohio supreme Court has struck down a law barring police from committing sex acts with minors, and overturned the conviction of a police officer caught having sex with a 14 yr old boy by the child's mother in 2012.

Writing for the court, the chief justice said that provisions in the sexual battery statute that apply to teachers, ministers, and mental health providers are fine because they require "exploiting their victims through established authoritarian relationships" with the minor. Banning police officers from raping children, however, required no such professional relationship and so was "arbitrarily disparate treatment of peace officers," and so violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution. The section of the sexual battery law which bans police officers from committing sexual battery against children, "represents a classification of persons for its own sake, something the equal protection clause does not permit," and 57% of Ohio judges couldn't come up with any other legitimate reason why the state would have any real interest in banning the sexual battery of children by police officers or find any indication under the law that a police officer may have some form of exploitable authoritarian relationship with minors.

roseweird posted:

Critics of a newly approved weight loss device that uses a tube inserted into the stomach to drain food after a meal say it could lead to dangerous eating disorders. Advocates argue it's a less invasive option to bariatric surgery and a powerful new weapon in the global fight against obesity. Ben Gruber reports.

that's rad

MarxUltor posted:

In a 4-3 decision, the Ohio supreme Court has struck down a law barring police from committing sex acts with minors, and overturned the conviction of a police officer caught having sex with a 14 yr old boy by the child's mother in 2012.

Writing for the court, the chief justice said that provisions in the sexual battery statute that apply to teachers, ministers, and mental health providers are fine because they require "exploiting their victims through established authoritarian relationships" with the minor. Banning police officers from raping children, however, required no such professional relationship and so was "arbitrarily disparate treatment of peace officers," and so violates the equal protection clause of the Constitution. The section of the sexual battery law which bans police officers from committing sexual battery against children, "represents a classification of persons for its own sake, something the equal protection clause does not permit," and 57% of Ohio judges couldn't come up with any other legitimate reason why the state would have any real interest in banning the sexual battery of children by police officers or find any indication under the law that a police officer may have some form of exploitable authoritarian relationship with minors.

lmao

You: (furious, unhinged) THIS RULING IS GOING TO ALLOW POLICEMAN TO RAPE CHILDREN WITH THE ONLY DETERRENT BEING A SLAP ON THE WRIST!!!
Me: (infinitely calm, evaluating arguments on merit of reason alone) Actually, thats discrimination
The entire response to Kaepernick
Theyre saying hes going to get cut and blacklisted lol. I mean that process might be helped along by him not being good anymore but the outrage is of such insane proportions
Robert Morin was a library cataloger for the university of New Hampshire for 50 years. He lived frugally, spending little on food or clothing and driving an old car for most of his life. When he died last year at age 77, he willed his life savings of $4 million to the university.

After buying a bench near the library with his name on it, the university will spend $1 million on a new scoreboard for the football stadium.

It's justified and sensible, you see, because the guy who spent 50 years as a librarian and donated his life savings to a school spent a few months while he was dying in a nursing home watching football. That's definitely a reflection of his true life's interest and not because every other shuffling corpse in the joint would start burbling furiously and knock their sippy cups over if The Big Game wasnt on. There's simply no other way to honor a librarian who donated millions of dollars to a school in America.

http://www.unh.edu/unhtoday/2016/08/librarians-gift
i saw at least 10 Russia COnspiracy signs at the ladies march
goatstein saw at least 10 Russia COnspiracy signs at the ladies march, and all of them were mine.