finally saved enough money from my boring ass cafeteria job to visit most of my family this summer. thanks to the past couple years of west-to-east 24 hour trips the trips across africa and the ME will feel short and quaint this time around. unless i get malaria

babyhueypnewton posted:

Thug Lessons was a step we all took and left behind in our journey to being mature communists,

I don't think so Tim.

babyhueypnewton posted:

Thug Lessons was a step we all took and left behind in our journey to being mature communists, the idea that politics is a pathology or that Marxism is merely a step in technological mode of Being or slave morality or wherever semi-fascist critique is a necessary youthful critique that one overcomes to understand Marxism as science.

ok i wrote a bunch of words and then deleted them because it was an emotional reaction and probably came off as needlessly confrontational and i don't actually want to accuse or admonish.

lemme just say it's really fucking creepy when you take a period of your own intellectual development that you now disavow, fine good whatever, then universalize and disperse the blame as "semi-fascist necessary youthfulness" onto an entire community. skin crawlingly creepy. what the fuck dude? i worry about ya.

its also just stupid
maybe the real thug lessons was the necessary semi-fascist critique we learned along the way
wow who cares

drwhat posted:

wow who cares

a great weight is lifted from my shoulders as i realize i have no reason to care. thank you, cat.

asking 'who cares?' like 'qui bono?'
I got another job so now I have two and I'm going to be working 7 days a week for the foreseeable future. But it's all to save up money so I can decolonize by the end of the year. And it's in a zoo so it's nice to check out the animals on my lunch break. I also started taking salsa classes so I can be well-rounded and represent communism well on the dance floor.

Edited by Parenti ()

happy saint patricks day. last year on this cool holiday i saw two muscly guys whimpering and vomiting together in the street, each wearing vomit-stained lucky-clover-green t-shirts that read GREEN LIVES MATTER
26 +6 = 1
Was at the Patrick's Day Parade in Dublin today. Not sure I heard a single Irish accent in the crowd, all the songs the marching bands played were Amerikan or "Irish"-Amerikan. A dreadful time frankly! Thank god the Yankees don't care as much about Easter Rising commemorations