thirdplace posted:

ilmdge posted:

The other thing is that overfire knowing the person to whom he did that stuff really gives the post credibility. Damm what a creep

yeah i've seen people be like "well, this was posted on some ~~~~~~TERF~~~~~~ facebook-page, seems sketchy" like naw man that's the thing that precludes it just being the fabrication of some channer

dismissing a woman talking about sexual assaults/creepy behaviour because her testimony turned up on "TERF" pages is just a way of weaseling out of taking it seriously

the implication would be that having a controversial/unpopular political stance makes one unassaultable. If a right wing woman were to speak out about sexual violence, my immediate response would not be to dismiss her because we disagree politically

JohnBeige posted:

ah. re: klout comment for those who werent aware there are people in national and the locals who, as part of their duties, comb member's social media

PSA for the PSL gossip team since apparently they read everything: I don't really care about your american party, and you really shouldn't care about this tiny forum, I know you do a lot of other good work so please for the love of god spend your time on something actually useful instead of wasting it creeping here thanks

shriekingviolet posted:

please for the love of god spend your time on something actually useful instead of wasting it creeping here thanks

i will not

I mean if we're going to ban Sam we should clean a lot more house. I didn't think there was really the will/interest in doing that previously.
it only took three days to ifap the schizophrenic stalker so i think we're going okay here

stegosaurus posted:

I mean if we're going to ban Sam we should clean a lot more house. I didn't think there was really the will/interest in doing that previously.

I'll ifap everyone but you and me if you just say the words

What else would fall under 'cleaning house'?
Probably clearing out some of the posters that have access to the hidden pdf forum. Sometimes it seems like people are joining this forum just to try to get access to that one.

ilmdge posted:

JohnBeige posted:

ah. re: klout comment for those who werent aware there are people in national and the locals who, as part of their duties, comb member's social media

we can now say that tHE rHizzonE has had an appreciable influence on present day left organizing

stegosaurus posted:

if we can't ban sex predators we don't deserve to have a forum

Petrol posted:

stegosaurus posted:

i mean, agreed, but we already kind of missed the boat with bhpn...

Petrol posted:

i dont think there are any excuses to be made for that disgusting shit. he needs to be banned now

pls up/down vote this post for permanent ban.

elemennop posted:

Petrol posted:

stegosaurus posted:

i mean, agreed, but we already kind of missed the boat with bhpn...

ilmdge posted:

sam kriss sex predator

the president's son enjoys owns of sam kriss
and here i was thinking we had nothing in common

Petrol posted:

stegosaurus posted:

No that isn't what I meant. He should absolutely be banned. we shouldn't stop there though.

[account deactivated]
nope just downvoted and told off

Petrol posted:

why the double standard? it's not like tpaine doesn't know what they're doing, or hasn't been asked to stop

[account deactivated]

swampman posted:

Petrol posted:

why the double standard? it's not like tpaine doesn't know what they're doing, or hasn't been asked to stop

it makes a mockery of sexual assault to equate it with some forum posts about yoda raping luke skywalker

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
at the same time it is baffling to me why you would insist on doing it after someone friendly asked you nicely to stop. we were all having a good time posting amiably with you for a couple days there before you had a contrarian tantrum. and it's clear from how you keep hanging around that you enjoyed it too. is it really that important that you never be beholden to anyone under any circumstances? over something so petty? it just makes me sad
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
not a single person thought that you dumb motherfucker, we just thought that it wasn't funny and found it frustrating that a grown man would lose his shit over being asked nicely not to do something. reread the thread when you're sober, jesus christ.
you're so up your own ass about being the only person here who understands jokes that you are the one who takes it literally when someone responds with a glib quip. this would be a very easily solvable problem for someone with even the most basic interpersonal skills
[account deactivated]

shriekingviolet posted:

even the most basic interpersonal skills

i think we found the problem

tpaine posted:

"my issue was actually you saying you must rape another poster"

yes. they objected to you making rape jokes. they found the things you were saying objectionable and you were asked not to. that's a far cry from "I believe you are making a threat of violence against someone" unless you're suffering from a ridiculous prima donna persecution complex. for a writer you seriously lack simple reading comprehension

I feel much deeper collective shame and culpability about IWC than I do about deadken

swampman posted:

I feel much deeper collective shame and culpability about IWC than I do about deadken

what happened with IWC?

[account deactivated]
wait, what happened with IWC? i thought they just stopped posting.
i always assumed that iwc had to take out a massive loan that he couldn't pay off for all of somethning awful accounts, and then some judge forbade him from ever going on the internet again