tears posted:

fucked up that after ten years no one ever posted a better video on line

goku weeping over 9/11
[account deactivated]

tears posted:

Vince McMahon's speech on the live post-9/11 SmackDown: Sept. 13, 2001

John Cena reveals news of Osama bin Laden at Extreme Rules 2011

toyotathon posted:

A Quiet Place, written directed and staring the guy with the second-best camera glances from The Office (US)

This was a fun movie that fell apart the more I thought about it. I am surprised conservatives haven't latched onto it yet as it was wildly reactionary

swampman posted:

this was pretty good, the last 5 minutes or so were best

The holiest moment of that vid is when she makes the fat joke about Chris Christie and then they cut to Christie eating ice cream during the next joke. I also believe that she hypothesizes that Mike and Karen Pence might force young people to watch them masturbate in tandem. Edit, that is a wishful and optimistic misreading of the text, but it's still a funny concept

Edited by swampman ()

swampman posted:

The Megyn Kelly lines are great and the audience is absolutely not there for it lmao

the winter olympics lol
best one since colbert in 2006
how the mighty have fallen. i hope one day i can enjoy strangers with candy again
watching the second season of 'Dear White People' on netflix and so far its way better than the first season- there's an alt-right fash group on campus, one of the girls accidentally dates a hotep, and it contains prob the most real depiction of twitter I've seen
Netflix's massive data collection efforts paying off in the form of entire TV series created from the ground up as a smorgasbord of analytic profiles, designed to appeal to targeted micro-demographics, is something that I find incredibly disquieting on a level I'm too inarticulate to give voice to
[account deactivated]
The first time I tripped on mushrooms as a teenager I ate a Gusher fruit snack that my friend had, and I spent the next 5 minutes flipping out in a loop going “HOw is this food,” “this is a malignant piece of design,” etc. Anyway, that’s how Stranger Things makes me feel, but applied to the realm of television.
[account deactivated]

Ruzbihan posted:

something that I find incredibly disquieting on a level I'm too inarticulate to give voice to

catchphrase

Volga-Volga (Russian: Волга-Волга) is a Soviet film comedy directed by Grigori Aleksandrov, released on April 24, 1938. It centres on a group of amateur performers on their way to Moscow to perform in a talent contest called the Moscow Musical Olympiad...The feature was said to be Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin's favourite film. Nikita Khrushchev in his memoirs says that in the pre-World War II period Stalin laughed at him since he resembled a character from the film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga-Volga

I have to watch this film now.

Dimashq posted:

Volga-Volga (Russian: Волга-Волга) is a Soviet film comedy directed by Grigori Aleksandrov, released on April 24, 1938. It centres on a group of amateur performers on their way to Moscow to perform in a talent contest called the Moscow Musical Olympiad...The feature was said to be Soviet Premier Joseph Stalin's favourite film. Nikita Khrushchev in his memoirs says that in the pre-World War II period Stalin laughed at him since he resembled a character from the film.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volga-Volga

I have to watch this film now.

Yea I’ve noticed that tons of Soviet cinema is uploaded on YouTube with English subtitles.
[account deactivated]

Dimashq posted:

Yea I’ve noticed that tons of Soviet cinema is uploaded on YouTube with English subtitles.

yes its киноконцерн мосфильм

You Might Wanna Watch This Video Right Away....! (2018-2019)
THAT IS IMPOSSIBLE, 1.2M views, 3 weeks ago

The Truth Revealed About The Pawn Stars Experts
Simply Viral, 1.6M views, 1 month ago

Hawkeye Disappoints the Avengers - SNL
Saturday Night Live, 11M views, 4 years ago

Pauley Perrette says goodbye to Abby on "NCIS"
CBS Sunday Morning, 868K views, 2 weeks ago

4 Theories About The Office Too Good Not To Be True
The Why, 643K views, 2 weeks ago

Bobby Lee & Chris D'Elia Make Homemade Pasta w/ Bert Kreischer: Something's Burning!
All Things Comedy, 276K views, 1 day ago
[account deactivated]
more like, Infinity Bore.
i just watched a really funny documentary called 'the china hustle'. basically in the last decade a bunch of crappy chinese companies have been listed on the US stock market through something called reverse mergers with US shell companies that are already listed but dormant. the books get cooked for the SEC filings and backed up with dodgy audits from the likes of deloitte, investors buy hundreds of millions of dollars worth of stock, then eventually short sellers come along and say 'so we went to the actual factory and it was a cardboard box with factory written on the side, sucked in losers'. anyway apparently this is all china's fault because its a scary place with no real laws or something. hahaha. it ended with some ominous stuff about alibaba which, look, it might also be overvalued on the US stock market, but moreso than something like apple or amazon? uhh no peg
The Naval Criminal Investigation Service's Office of Special Projects takes on the undercover work and the hard to crack cases in LA. Key agents are G. Callen and Sam...

A spin-off of NCIS (2003) about the local field office of NCIS that investigates criminal cases involving military personnel in The Big Easy, a city known for its music, entertainment...

TV show based on the popular 'Lethal Weapon' films in which a slightly unhinged cop is partnered with a veteran detective trying to maintain a low stress...

Special Agent Leroy Jethro Gibbs is the leader of a team of special agents belonging to the NCIS (Naval Criminal Investigative Service) Major Case Response Team. Gibbs, a former Marine...

Blue Bloods follows the lives of the NYPD's First Family of Law Enforcement: the Reagans. Frank, the Police Comissioner and son of former PC Henry Reagan, must balance...
The boundaries between military discipline and human desire are tested on a U.S. Army base that houses an elite unit of helicopter pilots trained to perform clandestine international and domestic missions.
i'm watching a lot of Nurse Jackie for some reason
[account deactivated]
Edit i’m dumb

Edited by Ruzbihan ()

[account deactivated]
just watched "the fencer", a movie about an exnazi training an estonian fencing team that went onto defeat all the teams of the stalinist hellhole. a wonderful germofinnoestonian coproduction, just like the siege of leningrad
WESTWORLD IS A PIECE OF SHIT IMOOOO
problems with westworld, Ranked
1. i dont believe the setting at all. the smallest problem. bullets can pierce a train but not kill people and Sapient Robots Indistinguishable From People are a theme park attraction and not a CIA project
2. it's everything wrong with Prestige TV. grautitous sex and violence and a go-nowhere mystery which exists solely for ratings and engagement on social media.
3. the first two would be defensible if not for the fact that nothing matters. back half of season 1, Bad Guy and Good Cowboy are captured by evil robot. Bad Guy cant be killed and if he could who cares, and Good Cowboy could be killed but who cares, he's a robot who can't die and nobody cares. The Tension