hey guys did you ever stop to consider that like, if you took all the oppressors, and deposed them, and then inserted NEW oppressors in their places, as is the continual, centuries-long neoliberal practice of the entire Western Capitalist world against which only the emancipatory light of M-L-M Thought stands strident, oppression would still exist?? kinda pokes a hole in your little "Socialim" theory now doesnt it!
lol this is hilarious:
http://americanoverlook.com/this-chains-brooklyn-store-is-refusing-to-serve-any-police-officer-and-the-reason-will-leave-you-boycotting-them/33332

American Overlook posted:

Chipotle restaurants across the country were recently in the news for the horrific messages they printed on their take-out bags, but with this most recent stunt, they’ve gone entirely too far.

When employees at a Chipotle restaurant in Brooklyn did this to two NYPD police officers, they not only disrespected the officers, but also our country.

When the two police officers walked into the restaurant hoping to enjoy their lunch, they found the employees doing something unbelievably disrespectful.

The employees were standing behind the counter and greeted the officers with their hands raised saying, “Hands up, don’t shoot.” The officers were ignored and not served. The officers decided to avoid these thugs and quietly exited the restaurant.

Chipotle’s corporate management has been contacted about this horrific incident, but has declined to offer a comment or statement. Since the incident happened, police supporters everywhere are calling for a boycott of the Mexican fast food chain.

The first line is referencing this article:
http://americanoverlook.com/photo-after-you-see-what-words-they-put-on-their-bags-youll-never-step-foot-in-here-again/32930

This national chain restaurant recently declared that they were banning customers from carrying out their second amendment rights in their stores, but this time they’ve done something even worse.

Take a closer look at your take-out bag next time you visit Chipotle. You’ll be shocked at what’s written all over the bags. It’s absolutely appalling!

Their bags feature quotes from people like Toni Morrison, Malcolm Gladwell and George Saunders, who have been known for writing Communist rhetoric. The campaign was started by militant Jonathan Safran Foer to give people something to read while eating at Chipotle.

“A lot of these people don’t have access to libraries, or bookstores,” Foer said. “Something felt very democratic and good about this.”

One take-out bag in particular features a quote from George Saunders that is very clearly and plainly inspired by Bolshevist and Utopian ideas. “Hope that, in future, all is well, everyone eats free, no one must work, all just sit around feeling love for one another,” the bad reads.

The quote clearly promotes Communism and a world without purpose. It’s hard to believe that Chipotle, a restaurant that people must pay to dine at, would promote a world without work and paying for food.

It’s all hard to believe that in this day and age that a national chain restaurant would so clearly support Communism publicly.

so is this mustang or what? i was expecting to find a inciting article about the mcrib on this site

is the classic comic book story of the villains teaming up to take down the hero but fail with victory in sight because of their insanity and megalomania a commentary on leftism

“A lot of these people don’t have access to libraries, or bookstores,” Foer said. “Something felt very democratic and good about this.”

lol. imagine this guy's world where chipotle is for people who can't afford to visit a library.

i wonder if liberals have "book desert" maps they get paid six figures to update for a literacy non-profit. they're like 47% of hispanic moms making minimum wage live more than two miles from a public library. we proposed to them that they eat at chipotle so they could read the malcolm gladwell blurb on the bag about what he loves about living in manhattan. we propose the city partner with us and chipotle to make these literacy bags a reality.
food deserts are the funniest fucking thing
"a world without purpose"

damn, can't profit personally to the detriment of my fellow human being, time to kill myself i guess
Residents of food desert areas have no alternative but to utilize private cars, travel several miles on foot, or use public transit to gain access to healthful food. lmfao
i guess i live in a food desert. i also live in a beer steppe and a weed taiga.
there was a D&D thread about food deserts where some guy kept asking for an example of an area with a "food desert" and nobody could name one except for vaugely gesturing at "downtown Chicago you privileged shitlord??" and of course any address provided had like 6 markets within 2.5 miles
if only i had access to organic broccoli within 1 mile...oh well nothing else i can do *pours an entire mormon picnic bag of doritos down gullet so fast and with so little resistance they technically become a superfluid*
those are a great deal though
much of the sahara desert is a food desert.
http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-access-research-atlas/go-to-the-atlas.aspx

you might argue with the metrics for urban affected (since they set the target distance to more than 1 mile.) However, if you were to consider a 4 mile distant grocery in an urban area, that's expecting someone without a vehicle to spend most of their day shopping, since they are look at some 3 hours of walking alone, let alone bearing grocery products. god help them if they are injured or enfeebled in any way. now that distance may not be a problem for your average NEET, but some of these people are low income despite working 60+ hours a week.

smart urban planning can go a long way to fixing this though.

maybe we can hire the obese unemployed goons to haul grocery goods to the employed low-income populace in food deserts though and benefit everyone
or return to an agrarian society, where the food is right outside your door, just dig it up, ya dingus!

libelous_slander posted:

http://www.ers.usda.gov/data-products/food-access-research-atlas/go-to-the-atlas.aspxyou might argue with the metrics for urban affected (since they set the target distance to more than 1 mile.) However, if you were to consider a 4 mile distant grocery in an urban area, that's expecting someone without a vehicle to spend most of their day shopping, since they are look at some 3 hours of walking alone, let alone bearing grocery products. god help them if they are injured or enfeebled in any way. now that distance may not be a problem for your average NEET, but some of these people are low income despite working 60+ hours a week.

smart urban planning can go a long way to fixing this though.

maybe we can hire the obese unemployed goons to haul grocery goods to the employed low-income populace in food deserts though and benefit everyone

lies

the largest geographic food deserts are rural areas anyway, but due to the population density no one gives a shit
good to know goatstein is still using "goonie" stereotypes to deflect some credible reasons why poor people within first world countries might have a higher rate of obesity.

HenryKrinkle posted:

good to know goatstein is still using "goonie" stereotypes to deflect some credible reasons why poor people within first world countries might have a higher rate of obesity.

none of those reasons are credible

life's a bitch and then you die
that's why we eat pie
cause you never know
when you're gonna go
let's imagine the worst case scenario. a person who has no car, no public transit, no markets within a half mile, no regular access to anyone who has a car, no regular community help. all they have access to is a convenience store. it remains cheaper per day to eat 2000 calories of snickers and slim jims than 4000. i'd like to hear someone get around this, perhaps by reference to the possibility of a powerful daemon manipulating our perception of mathematics
what if food is your only comfort when staring down a mountain of debt collectors and family and legal demands all while being demeaned at your terrible job for substandard wages

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

let's imagine the worst case scenario. a person who has no car, no public transit, no markets within a half mile, no regular access to anyone who has a car, no regular community help. all they have access to is a convenience store. it remains cheaper per day to eat 2000 calories of snickers and slim jims than 4000. i'd like to hear someone get around this, perhaps by reference to the possibility of a powerful daemon manipulating our perception of mathematics

Caloric content is not the only factor involved in nutrition, you friendly stamped piece of shiba

Friendly word filters

libelous_slander posted:

what if food is your only comfort when staring down a mountain of debt collectors and family and legal demands all while being demeaned at your terrible job for substandard wages

yes. this is the thing. poverty leads to depression, substance abuse and generally not giving a shit. framing obesity as a rational time+money economic decision is asinine

[account deactivated]
yes there's an initial startup cost with heroin use but you see amortized over reduced food intake and living rent-free in a foreclosed garage i'm making money

yes there's an initial startup cost with heroin use but you see amortized over reduced food intake and living rent-free in a foreclosed garage i'm making money

didn't old lf have a thread like this

[account deactivated]

it remains cheaper per day to eat 2000 calories of snickers and slim jims than 4000.

what do you think might be the outcome of eating 2000 calories of processed corn sugar vs other sources for that same energy.

[account deactivated]
i'm already there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[account deactivated]

roseweird posted:

you can get whole wheat bread, nuts, dried fruit, milk, and usually canned soup, beans, and maybe canned vegetables or prepackaged sliced deli meats and cheeses, at a convenience store

my closest convenience store is technically a tobacconist and of all those things he has milk (which is often expired). i'm trying to quit going there but i often trundle there and get my two bottles of diet coke. i never talk to the korean man either. sometimes i'm there three times a week and he's like "$7" (it's expensive there) and i panic as i get out my bank card. there's no shame in the game though so i'm truckin along.

[account deactivated]
every convenience store has cat food

roseweird posted:

that's pretty bad, i guess i've gotten used to some downright luxurious convenience stores

there is a pharmacy that's a ten minute walk away and a so-so grocery store that's fifteen minutes each way but depression often turns my excursions into lightning recon raids. or like yesterday when i was full of vim and vigor i went to walmart by bus, which is a great store and only a few of the products directly enslave people in china really when you really do think about it.

your average bodega in a less than affluent area has milk, possibly bread, and very overpriced canned food. most of their sales volume is cigarettes candy and lottery tickets i thought everyone knew this