[account deactivated]
i would argue that cops have always been troops
[account deactivated]
some people are definitely trying but normal people hate cops always have always will
i've always maintained that firemen are cops with hoses.
troops are way worse than cops
how many innocent people have cops killed recently? like 4? lol

le_nelson_mandela_face posted:

trayvon martin, michael brown, eric garner, what did they all have in common? bourgeois pig imperialists done in by the massive security apparatus they spent seventy years installing to suppress the global underclass.

trayvon martin wasnt killed by a cop
being white is cool because if somebody posted a picture of me from my teen years smoking weed or holding a gun it would not be admissible evidence as to why i deserve to die (its my posts)
[account deactivated]

trayvon martin wasnt killed by a cop

yeah but guy thought he was part of elite citizen elevated cop status neighborhood watch soldier and faced the same protection from the floridian government

NYT frontpage today:

After Killing of Officers, Protest Movement Is at a Crossroads
By NIKITA STEWART

Some factions want to maintain the energy of recent protests and keep pressing for police reform, as two slain officers are mourned in New York City. Others say that could seem callous and might alienate the public while stifling the movement.

lol

yeah if we keep protesting that will stifle the moment so lets just give up. lol
seeing someone stick their head out the window of their car and shout "I love you guys keep it up" as she turned back from an intersection we were blocking, solved forever any quibbles i might have had about alienating people.
i thought i was the only person who would be calm and respectful if my day were obstructed by a protest but it turns out all reasonable and non-fascist people are like that too.

stegosaurus posted:

i thought i was the only person who would be calm and respectful if my day were obstructed by a protest but it turns out all reasonable and non-fascist people are like that too.

Same in NYC, especially the bus drivers

TheIneff posted:

stegosaurus posted:

Same in NYC, especially the bus drivers

thats cool.

thirdplace posted:

some people are definitely trying but normal people hate cops always have always will

the only people i know who dont hate cops are cops, the immediate family members of cops, and women currently sleeping with cops. oh and really racist white people who only stop hating cops for the exact length of time between seeing one murder a black person and receiving their next DUI

teachers are cops with chalk.
i've had interactions with police which have varied from pleasant to tense but I rarely get the vibe that i am really interacting with three goblins sitting on each others' shoulders under a flensed human skin that i get with Troops

getfiscal posted:

teachers are cops with chalk.

cops are teachers with weopans.

what the press doesnt get is that nearly everyone hates their job,their family and every other possible destination they could reach in a motor vehicle, and the only thing you need to do to win them over is give them an excuse to be 4 hours late
http://worxintheory.wordpress.com/2014/12/07/origins-of-the-police/
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

i've had interactions with police which have varied from pleasant to tense but I rarely get the vibe that i am really interacting with three goblins sitting on each others' shoulders under a flensed human skin that i get with Troops

cops are still inextricably a part of their own community, whereas Soldiers are hopped up and dropped into a "warzone" where the enemy isn't even recognizably human to themn

What about correctional officers?

[account deactivated]
I feel some sympathy for cops because I bet they mostly go in as somewhat normal people and then become jaded and cynical from years of interaction with the most openly terrible people the first world has to offer whereas Troops, despite the unsubstantiated lies of Troop apologists, often go into the military with the explicit desire to kill Bad Guys and whatever their motivation are almost always totally cool with dropping bombs on clusters of people Day 1
a comparison of suicide rates however, shows troops to be possessed of more of a conscience than cops
[account deactivated]

postposting posted:

a comparison of suicide rates however, shows troops to be possessed of more of a conscience than cops

police don't kill themselves because they let off steam beating their wives every night

postposting posted:

nah their actions are far more grievous

Lol, I can count the number of people I've heard about you murdering in the last few weeks on ONE HAND. Time to step up your game, cops.

A Massachusetts woman is accused of throwing raw bacon and sausage at a police station on Friday, saying she was there to "feed the pigs," but her parents tell NECN their daughter's behavior is "not her" and she needs help.

Framingham police say 24-year-old Lindsey McNamara of Ashland walked into the police department with a large Dunkin' Donuts box, and when an officer asked if he could help her, she told him she was there to "feed the pigs" and smeared a handful of raw meat on the dispatcher's window. She threw the meat all over the counter as well. As she tried to to do it a second time, she was arrested, police said.
it's hard to get convicted for that sort of crime because the evidence is basically guaranteed to go missing
[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:

cops are still inextricably a part of their own community, whereas Soldiers are hopped up and dropped into a "warzone" where the enemy isn't even recognizably human to themn

yes, which makes their behavior all the more egregious. Soldiers at least have the excuse of psyche-fracturing environmental stress and completely contained government indoctrination camps to explain their inhumanity. Cops sit in a car all day and go home every night to eat a nice homecooked meal their cowed fearwife BETTER not have burned and then fall asleep drunk watching Duck Dynasty on a perfectly ass-rutted barcalounger

hating Cops less than Troops is a pretty obvious sign that youre really, really, REALLY white and spent most of your life in upper middle class neighborhoods

literally the only thing keeping Kkkops from murdering and raping as many people as Troops is the fact that if they did one of them might eventually get in trouble for it and the friends and relatives of their victims can easily find out where they live. Their comparatively higher level of morality and basic human decency is nothing more than an optical illusion caused by local geography

getfiscal posted:

A Massachusetts woman is accused of throwing raw bacon and sausage at a police station on Friday, saying she was there to "feed the pigs," but her parents tell NECN their daughter's behavior is "not her" and she needs help.

Framingham police say 24-year-old Lindsey McNamara of Ashland walked into the police department with a large Dunkin' Donuts box, and when an officer asked if he could help her, she told him she was there to "feed the pigs" and smeared a handful of raw meat on the dispatcher's window. She threw the meat all over the counter as well. As she tried to to do it a second time, she was arrested, police said.

let me post bail to her