[account deactivated]
question--do people think israel could exist, if at all, in anything at the scale in which is currently exists, without the socio-religious elements of zionism? to me that is clearly false, there wasn't another sufficiently large pool of white settlers during the relevant time frame; note the huge gap in time between the the settlement of israel and the other settler nations and the lack of post-contact plagues suppressing native resistance. and if the preposition is instead that zionism was a colonialist movement of the late 19th century inspired by other colonialist movements, and was supported as a tool to establish an anglo/western foothold in a strategically important area, then of course it was. but recognizing it as a tool for secular ends doesn't mean you must ignore the ethnoreligious reasons that tool is effective

and you can ignore them, if you want, as daddyholes suggests, if you think it is important or helpful to ignore them. but imo the reason israel spends so much time and energy accentuating its secular lady gaga side despite being in fact a blatantly ethnonationalist state with important and explicitly religious state institutions is a recognition that however crucial those beliefs are to its origin and continued growth, they are a substantial liability on the international stage
Its almost as if Zionists intentionally foster seemingly opposite aspects that can appeal to both liberals and conservatives, in order to secure themselves a strong position, control both sides of the debate, and retain permanent allies in Washington regardless of which of the two parties is currently in power
[account deactivated]
Honestly didn't read a single word in this thread

littlegreenpills posted:

zionists are the biggest anti-semites

this guy gets it

Superabound posted:

Its almost as if Zionists intentionally foster seemingly opposite aspects that can appeal to both liberals and conservatives, in order to secure themselves a strong position, control both sides of the debate, and retain permanent allies in Washington regardless of which of the two parties is currently in power

How rather, dialectic, of them.

this was the best thread
it's cool how everyone is pretty much in silent agreement that stuff like rastafari / nation of islam / whatever is just insanity but, in the rhizzone of all places, a 6 page thread exists about arguing the validity of white supremacist mysticism
it's getting harder and harder to see religion as being anything but inherently evil... ty for this thread
[account deactivated]
that single event was far more meaningful and real than anything discussed itt
i think israel and palestine should write each other poems, the kind of mutual understanding the rhymed word can bring would sew that tear right up.
the blood of your children is red
the star on our flag is blue
we're gonna murder your families
and burn down your villages too
knock knock.

who's there?

Natyu.

Natyu who?

Natyu, anymore.
This guy still around?

dipshit420 posted:

and jesus was a gamer when he noclipped upon the water
and he spent a long time watching from his lonely 2fort tower
and when he knew for certain only pubbie groups could see him
he said all men will be gamers then until live shall free them

Yeah i thjink they posted recently

stegosaurus posted:

based on my really cursory reading of some parts of the holy texts and some theology, islam is actually the light.

Sorry, i meant, Yeah i thjink they posted recently

theres a sort of "ultra-trot" sect in the UK called Alliance For Workers Liberty who are very concerned that any sort of boycott against israli goods is bad because it hurts israeli workers.

They see anti-zionism in other british trot groups as a form of "stalinist degeneration" and thus condem the groups that condem "stalinism" as stalinist for not supporting israel and a two state solution.

This was so novel to me I had to get a pamphlet - 44 A4 insane pages about how anti-zionism is a plot by trotsyites who are secret crypto-stalinists to corrupt the true legacy of trotsky and how the palestinians brought it all on their own heads and/or were peaceful peoples until they were incited to anti-zionism by stalin for he own gain

US subsidies do not give the USA control over Israel. There is no sense in which Israel functions to secure US or European Union influence or power over the Arab states. On the contrary, Israel has habitually strained and sometimes disrupted US/EU-Arab relations. The disapearance of Israel would probably make it easier for the big powers to strengthen their links with the Arab bourgioisies

last time I checked someone from Alliance for Workers Liberty was on the "leadership committee" or whatever of Momentum, and was busy destroying the movement from the inside

I fucking hate trots, I will destroy all trots

(and fuck u boons_supremacy)

[account deactivated]
The Soviet policy re Israel changed a few times before settling into 'israel bad, JAO good, help Arab countries via Soviet anti-imperialism'
[account deactivated]

tears posted:

and how the palestinians brought it all on their own heads and/or were peaceful peoples until they were incited to anti-zionism by stalin for he own grain

ftfy

bibi is a stupid baby and i want him executed by mortar strike. drive settlers into the sea. well bye
[account deactivated]

The United States plans to withdraw from UNESCO, citing financial reasons, as well as what it said was an anti-Israel bias at the U.N.’s educational, cultural and science organization... The government stopped paying its dues in 2011 after UNESCO voted to include the Palestinian Authority as a member.

Israel is not the only one politicking in this "cahos"

Demonstrators hold placards as they stage a protest against Hamad bin Abdulaziz al-Kawari, Qatar's candidate of the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization new leader outside the UNESCO headquarters in Paris, France, Wednesday, Oct. 11, 2017

https://www.kansascity.com/entertainment/article178422546.html

[account deactivated]
trump's washing his hands off the iran nuclear deal too
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/oct/13/trump-iran-nuclear-deal-congress
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
how old are you mate
[account deactivated]
yeah.
why dont you just not talk to that person about israel or whatever. its only politics, doesnt seem very important
[account deactivated]
op still cracks me up, what a fucking goof. may this thread never die

Caesura109 posted:

I get political too fast so its a doomed friendship anyways, I'll bail

i think you need to chill out you know, just relax a bit and not be so political all the time, its just stuff happening out there in the world, not that important when you really think about it

[account deactivated]
tell that person that you support the complete destruction of the fascist-settler colony of israel