jools posted:

if the European pressure on Orbán continues, we can easily imagine him sending a message to the East: ‘We are defending Asia here!’

nice ref to hungarian turanism. also, hungarian turanism is the funniest thing

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

lol the russians tried to pull their crap in Odessa and they've had their teeth kicked in by an angry mob

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

lol the russians tried to pull their crap in Odessa and they've had their teeth kicked in by an angry mob

lol ultras attacked ukrainians protesting for greater autonomy lol

ilmdge posted:

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

lol ultras attacked ukrainians protesting for greater autonomy lol

lmao

as an EASTERN EUROPEAN LEFTIST it never ceases to amaze me how western leftists could in any way defend russia, the same russia that has the most nationalist, purestrain capitalist and imperialist regime in europe, the most numerous and violent neo-nazis in europe, and the same russia that financially supports the likes of Ataka and Jobbik
btw that financial support is one of the reason why most of far-right groups in europe have been supporting russia against ukraine, the other is that they view Putin as a model and hero in their fight against the homosexual decadence sweeping europe. the funny thing is Putin doesn't give those groups money because he agrees with their ideologies, but because he's a pragmatic guy who knows that by supporting Jobbik for example he could destabilize not only Hungary but Slovakia and Romania too, all 3 being countries that he perceives as hostile

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

as an EASTERN EUROPEAN LEFTIST it never ceases to amaze me how western leftists could in any way defend russia, the same russia that has the most nationalist, purestrain capitalist and imperialist regime in europe, the most numerous and violent neo-nazis in europe, and the same russia that financially supports the likes of Ataka and Jobbik
btw that financial support is one of the reason why most of far-right groups in europe have been supporting russia against ukraine, the other is that they view Putin as a model and hero in their fight against the homosexual decadence sweeping europe. the funny thing is Putin doesn't give those groups money because he agrees with their ideologies, but because he's a pragmatic guy who knows that by supporting Jobbik for example he could destabilize not only Hungary but Slovakia and Romania too, all 3 being countries that he perceives as hostile

its because

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

the kremlin used to be where the soviet union was based. dunno if u knew that.

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

he could destabilize not only Hungary but Slovakia and Romania too, all 3 being countries that he perceives as hostile

sounds like some pretty cool shit.

hmmm, ukraine's unelected us-backed government has more fascists in it than Russia or any european country, kiev has begun what Yatsenyek called a "kamikaze" (even purestrain) neoliberal restructuring program and is sending troops, neo-nazi militias and a national guard made up of maidan fascists to crackdown on eastern federalists. just some good reasons for defending Russia's greatest statesman, Putin

from what i've read, the european far right supports russia's actions in ukraine for the same reasons a lot of leftists do: they're against the EU expansion and NATO encroachment and would like a more multipolar geopolitical landscape. and while they may like Putin a lot as a leader, they generally don't have any illusions about Russia's basically center-right liberal-democratic system.
ukraine should be divided into seven different countries, one for each letter in the english spelling of its name, with a different putin lookalike in charge of each
if anyone cares to know about it, being openly leftist in eastern europe sucks because you always have to explain yourself; having a conversation with someone about it means first you have to go through the usual explaining what neo-liberalism is and why its bad, and how capitalism sucks and how being a communist doesn't mean wanting to return to a dictator that will put you in jail if you listen to the wrong music or have long hair etc and then they come at you with "aha ur a communist u support Putin do you see how shitty russians live go live in russia if u luv it so much" and I have to explain that russia of today has nothing communist about it and Putin wants a new Soviet Union with 0% of the communism and 100% of the imperialism, i have to go into how the oligarchs and mafia control all the wealth in russia while the poors live like shit and how that's actually extreme capitalism and not communism and so on, but then I get shown a western leftist blog that says PUTIN FIGHT AMERIKA PUTIN SURROUNDED BY NATO PUTIN FTW and I realize the only way to reply to that is to explain that my experience with LF and it's various offshoots has taught me that western leftists are either mentally ill, dog fuckers or rape fetishists and I don't wanna have anything to do with them, but I could never talk to someone irl about lf so I just shed a tear while hiding my hard cover gold edition of Das Kapital behind my diablo 3 collector's edition box and go back to being a closeted leftist. sorry for the meltdown, ciao
thats what its like in the US and probably everywhere except bars in nyc apparently
why do u feel the need to justify anything to anybody lol fuck them
the WORST thing about thjis ukraine mess is that in a few months I went from posting DETH TO AMERIKKKA on weird twitter and drawing little mustaches on Merkel's lip to having to take the side of freaking NATO, and I shall never forgive Putin for it

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

a
by supporting Jobbik for example he could destabilize not only Hungary but Slovakia and Romania too

a good start

why are you taking NATOs side at all

aerdil posted:

yeah didnt u see what happened to lessons in the other thread

he got whaled on
people forget about bartleby, my rolemodel in all things
why would you post on weird twitter?

followup: wtf is weird twitter?
its the cool place to hang out
it killed fyad. fyad died and it's dead now. don't try going there, the cops are all over that place.
NATO supporter on the rhizzone is the new gay girl in damascus
i support the paper tiger NATO

Tokyo_Sexwale posted:

if anyone cares to know about it, being openly leftist in eastern europe sucks because you always have to explain yourself; having a conversation with someone about it means first you have to go through the usual explaining what neo-liberalism is and why its bad, and how capitalism sucks and how being a communist doesn't mean wanting to return to a dictator that will put you in jail if you listen to the wrong music or have long hair etc and then they come at you with "aha ur a communist u support Putin do you see how shitty russians live go live in russia if u luv it so much" and I have to explain that russia of today has nothing communist about it and Putin wants a new Soviet Union with 0% of the communism and 100% of the imperialism, i have to go into how the oligarchs and mafia control all the wealth in russia while the poors live like shit and how that's actually extreme capitalism and not communism and so on, but then I get shown a western leftist blog that says PUTIN FIGHT AMERIKA PUTIN SURROUNDED BY NATO PUTIN FTW and I realize the only way to reply to that is to explain that my experience with LF and it's various offshoots has taught me that western leftists are either mentally ill, dog fuckers or rape fetishists and I don't wanna have anything to do with them, but I could never talk to someone irl about lf so I just shed a tear while hiding my hard cover gold edition of Das Kapital behind my diablo 3 collector's edition box and go back to being a closeted leftist. sorry for the meltdown, ciao

leave romania. go to serbia. god bless.

shit, two slavs who disagree. i'm fucked. bf get in here and sort this out.
did u just call a romanian a slav
tokyosexwhale is obviously a latin@
oh yeah i forgot. Tequila pride brothers.
I myself am descended from the very whitest Levites ever to conquer ancient Britain so I feel the pain of the Romanian people and extend my sincere apologies.
hm perkele
im part stasi, part ulster
socially stasi fiscally ulster
i'm ukrainian and a bit of a handful
im a dog

aerdil posted:

because opposing russia in this means taking NATO's side, and I can't with a clean conscience do the THEIR BOTH BAD AM TAKING THE HIGHER ROAD HERE thing even if I want to

speaking of NATO, I love the talking point of NATO surrounding Russia as if they forcefully occupied all these countries against their will, when in fact it was the other way around and everybody ran to NATO the first moment they could. and it's not as if they took us in immediately, Romania had to beg for a decade to join and even with big brother France doing a ton of lobby for us, the americans we're like fuck off we don't want you and kept refusing; the only reason we were finally let in was because of 9/11, and last month when we had a ceremony for 10 years of NATO membership, the sentiment among commentators/journalists was that we should thank Bin Laden lol

oh yea, and another thing: these Ukraine events are doing a perfect job in illustrating how, unless you're already really rich, powerful and stable, you can't really be a successful neutral country in this region, you have to take sides as otherwise both sides will fuck you over. and even tho I hate that we're now part of NATO, the alternative looks way worse if you consider how much poorer and shittier countries that have mostly been under russia's sphere are (like Moldova, Armenia and Ukraine or the dictatorial hellholes in central asia). I guess I would have been way more content with joining only the EU and not NATO, but at the time NATO membership was an unofficial requirement for entering EU, it wasn't like we had a choice

lol yes the us has definitely not had a strategic goal of NATO expansion for 20 years and was totally forced into it
i think the US is more interested in mil base rights and such than NATO membership, NATO members gain a lot for being in the org so its kind of like if we can't turn them out for free we will give them NATO membership
EU and NATO membership will get a country economically stripmined just as sure as being in the Russian sphere will tho