[account deactivated]
ive got an extra leg too
i believe in the importance of romantic love very strongly despite not having experienced it
in an attempt to either know true love or destroy myself emotionally i am very methodically sleeping with all my female friends
anyone ever notice that being in love feels almost exactly like the early stages of food poisoning?
last night i drank unjustifiably expensive cocktails in a strip club with a friend & we kissed in the taxi home. are we in love? do we depend on each other or are we just mutual enablers? aside from our shared interests in self-destruction, 20th century literature and the inherent absurdity of the world are we not two people trying to reach out across an unbridgeable gap, trapped in our own bodies no matter how much we fuck? are other people actually possible?

Superabound posted:

anyone ever notice that being in love feels almost exactly like the early stages of food poisoning?

it's cited in john donne's timeless opus "bubble guts and shartin over you, babe"

deadken you are a pathetic excuse for a human being lol
[account deactivated]
i am unhappy most of the time
btw love starts when you put the feelings and desires of somebody else ahead of your own, and work to give them the best life they can possibly have. a thankless position really, unless you're fortunate enough to have somebody who feels the same way. your path of meaningless, selfish hedonism is a one way ticket to endless misery and loneliness, hope you're excited
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

innsmouthful posted:

btw love starts when you put the feelings and desires of somebody else ahead of your own, and work to give them the best life they can possibly have. a thankless position really, unless you're fortunate enough to have somebody who feels the same way. your path of meaningless, selfish hedonism is a one way ticket to endless misery and loneliness, hope you're excited

i reject your conflation of hedonism with selfishness

roseweird posted:

deadken posted:

in an attempt to either know true love or destroy myself emotionally i am very methodically sleeping with all my female friends

maybe youre looking in thewrong places and should sleep (methodically) with all your male friends

i dont have very many male friends actually. one or two of them would probably be up for it but i just don't really have any inclinations in that direction

[account deactivated]
i don't think i harm others. at least any more than we all harm others by maintaining the structures of late capitalism merely through existing within them or whatever

deadken posted:

innsmouthful posted:

you're right, hedonism alone isn't selfish. but methodically sleeping with all your female friends in a quest to find "love" sure as shit is selfish and hedonistic

Dead Ken's quest for love:

deadken posted:

i don't think i harm others. at least any more than we all harm others by maintaining the structures of late capitalism merely through existing within them or whatever

conec is giving you sound, reasonable advice about your relationships with people. think about this for a moment.

libelous_slander posted:

Dead Ken's quest for love:

emptyquote

innsmouthful posted:

deadken posted:

innsmouthful posted:

you're right, hedonism alone isn't selfish. but methodically sleeping with all your female friends in a quest to find "love" sure as shit is selfish and hedonistic

yea that post was 100% serious congrats

i keep falling in like with girls and then we develop a friendship and i get sad and depressed because i want something romantic and they dont, and then im torn between just grinning and bearing it like nothings wrong, or cutting them off for a while because its bittersweet and painful to hang out with them. in the past ive always gone with the former but its happening again and im thinking i should try the latter this time as a change of pace? and is telling her how i feel just a bad idea, or a terrible idea? oh and i work closely with this girl five days a week

the worst part of being in like is feeling compelled to post e/n posts

c_man posted:

deadken posted:

conec is giving you sound, reasonable advice about your relationships with people. think about this for a moment.

uh maybe theres something fucked up with my browser, but its showing no matches for "friction alone" anywhere on this page

deadken posted:

how undialectical. the correct course of action is to abandon the search for true love and instead to focus on your career and improving the lives of those around you, and those around the world. it is in this very radical absence of seeking of love that is required for love in the romantic sense to exist. that is to say, you are always already eating from the trash can of true love all the time.

Found the next rhizzone superstar (NOT MY FACEBOOK):
deadken: ignore the haters, enjoy your symptom, write for the guardian. you have my axe.

deadken posted:

innsmouthful posted:

deadken posted:

innsmouthful posted:

yea that post was 100% serious congrats

a lot of truth is said in jest bruh

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

deadken: ignore the haters, enjoy your symptom, write for the guardian. you have my axe.

thank you. why did you unfollow me on twitter

TG posted:

i keep falling in like with girls and then we develop a friendship and i get sad and depressed because i want something romantic and they dont, and then im torn between just grinning and bearing it like nothings wrong, or cutting them off for a while because its bittersweet and painful to hang out with them. in the past ive always gone with the former but its happening again and im thinking i should try the latter this time as a change of pace? and is telling her how i feel just a bad idea, or a terrible idea? oh and i work closely with this girl five days a week

ah yes, the dreaded Friend zone

deadken posted:

thank you. why did you unfollow me on twitter

i unfollowed everyone out of internet apathy. you are refollowed now though.

deadken posted:

TG posted:

theres a name for it?!?!

should i take her to a strip club and try to make out with her? help is needed

probably find someone else who is actually sexually attracted to you & try to be a good friend rather than lusting hopelessly over someone you can't have

TG posted:

help is needed

keep your door open

TG posted:

deadken posted:

TG posted:

theres a name for it?!?!

imo find some othe rlove interest. youre biterness at being friendzon'd will dissipate and if you truly value her friendship itll still be there

fake edit: so what dedken said...

TG posted:

deadken posted:

TG posted:

theres a name for it?!?!

let me talk to her

[account deactivated]

libelous_slander posted:

Found the next rhizzone superstar (NOT MY FACEBOOK):

let me talk to I'm sick of this catchphrase