oy mate im going to the loo aren't i? *takes huge dump*
ya but there arent numbers big enough here to give an accurate impression of the difference

Goethestein posted:
oy mate im going to the loo aren't i? *takes huge dump*

uh whats ur point

i find it funny when americans mock my accent because then i go and fuck their wives + girlfriends
british accents sound pretty cool but the words you dudes got are silly.

DRUXXX posted:
lol no central heating since you were 17 and you didnt have a shower for a year YOURE A WARRIOR BRAH. MAN THATS LIKE A GREAT WAY TO SHOW YOUR SOLIDARITY WITH THE THIRD WORLD. ahahahahhaah jeezus christ..

one whole year without a shower in your hosue.. that is fuckin extreme dude. wow! ahahahahahahha

of course not, its just strange that you assume no one here has had any experience with subpar living conditions

you think 'no central heating' is subpar living conditions?
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
Poverty tourism is living like a Poor when you are not
i live Poor because i have no money but i have no money because i dont have a job and spend my loan on bougie things like books and houmous and recreational drugs am i poverty tourism
imo the best example are christian mission trips (and any secular equivalent) where they send a bunch of teenagers to the third world to do unskilled manual labor as if that is something in short supply there but somehow i suspect they are not the usual targets!!
i had a buddy who spent 18 months in peru helping/training villagers to build better chimney's, he said the worst part of the job was dealing with westerners who came for a month or two to "help" but required so much training and babysitting that they were more trouble than they were worth. i'd call anyone who goes to an area ostensibly to help but doesn't stay long enough to actually do so a poverty tourist

DRUXXX posted:
you think 'no central heating' is subpar living conditions?

well, yes, by this country's standards, since the vast majority of homes do have it. but you have a point, and looking back that post does sound like a bit like bragging.

i want to live like common people. i want to do whatever common people do.
if you have ever lived in a place without central heating its probably because your family are poor ass losers who were too stupid to use condoms. imo

anistorian posted:
i think someone here needs a new showerhead.

haha amen to that brother

[account deactivated]
Haha thanks. Thank.finally I have excellent internet. And ponder de pon when goldmine this thread.
Why do the left fetishize the third world? For every gallon of hot water you forgo for some backwards bongoland farmer, I'm going to use two.

[account deactivated]

disestablishmentarian posted:
Why do the left fetishize the third world? For every gallon of hot water you forgo for some backwards bongoland farmer, I'm going to use two.

Im not sure i understand the overall tack of your argument

E: I RESPONDED TO YOUR POST YEAH.. BUT IT WAS BORING... MAKE A BETTER ONE.....?

i dont fetishize the third world mothafucka i fetishize yer mom hahahahh whats hood now be0tch?
backwards bongoland

disestablishmentarian posted:

it strikes me as a rather backwards way of looking at the problem, the ideal outcome should be to elevate 3rd world standards instead of dragging down 1st world -- unless you regard hot showers as an extravagant luxury

hot showers which are powered by the energy infrastructure that exists in the US? yeah i'd say they are
boink http://www.treehugger.com/climate-change/peru-glaciers-melting-20-years-earlier-expected.html
would oil spills, glacial retreat, and prolonged destructive hurricane seasons be nearl as bad if they were accompanied w/cartoon sound fx?.. uhoh we drained the oglalla! sproi-oi-oi-oing!
coining the term pre-catastrophic luxuries
you are all complete idiots
thank you!

sosie posted:
you are all complete idiots

cold showers should be classified as torture. i am extremely sensitive to criticism,

http://youtu.be/AKKqLl_ZEEY

DRUXXX posted:
hot showers which are powered by the energy infrastructure that exists in the US? yeah i'd say they are

shut off your computer then

sosie posted:
cold showers should be classified as torture. i am extremely sensitive to criticism,

http://youtu.be/AKKqLl_ZEEY

pleAse pay close attention to the way that, in the beginning of this video a small boy prefigures in an uncanny way the 9/11 terrorist attacks on the WTC

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
shut off your computer then

i turn off my computer all the time dude. at least once every nite when i got to bed. i'm pretty good at that stuff.

crustpunk_trotsky posted:
it strikes me as a rather backwards way of looking at the problem, the ideal outcome should be to elevate 3rd world standards instead of dragging down 1st world -- unless you regard hot showers as an extravagant luxury

Exactly my point. But so many on the left are keen to criticize so many of the luxuries of the west - such as hot showers - as somehow being inherently evil or detrimental to the living standards of the third world.

This is one of the reasons the left is globally in decline. It is not an aspirational philosophy that captures the spirit of the upwardly mobile middle classes of the developing world. It's amazing how much a supposedly materialistic philosophy incorporates Christian concepts such as sin and gluttony.

Another reason the left is in decline is because of the existence of the internet whereby its would be intellectual advocates choose to occupy their time with posting on obscure and pointless message boards instead of raising the red flag and storming the Bastille.

fart

lol if you really think faustian bullshit like elevating the third world to the level fo the first world is the solution. you god damn cultural imperialist shitbirds!
I Don't Know Anything About Science But I'm Fairly Certain That I Shouldn't Have To Give Up My Luxuries For The Revolution To Work by A Child