Look at you, waking up at 12 pm and wincing as you walk the distance from your space-heated room to the bathroom. Actually, you probably have central heating. Either way, you turn on your shower and crank it up so it's nice and hot. The bathroom gets all steamy during your 7 minute shower, fueld from burning noxious chemicals evaporating more potable water than a palestinian gets in a week so you can exfoliate your pours and not be uncomfortable for a few minutes while you wash the filth from your previous 9 hours sitting in an office chair off of your pale skin.

How many people here don't use the heater when they shower? How many people here could even bear to stand the thought of taking a shower without heated water? None of you, probably, and that's why you don't have the guts, the ability to deal with hardship, to actually make sacrifices in your life that make a difference. All you'd have to do is keep the hot water heater off, but you leave it on just so you can sit in your shower and wallow in your own decadence for a few minutes longer. You will never make a sacrifice, because you can't even sacrifice your spa minute every morning. You fucking disgust me.

I challenge anyone in LF to go for two weeks without a hot shower (or 10 showers, whatever comes first you disgusting ass goons). Any takers?

Edited by DRUXXX ()

waaaaay ahead of you
two weeks? pffeh. let me tell you about a little thing called pheremones

DRUXXX posted:
Look at you, waking up at 12 pm and wincing as you walk the distance from your space-heated room to the bathroom. Actually, you probably have central heating. Either way, you turn on your shower and crank it up so it's nice and hot. The bathroom gets all steamy during your 7 minute shower, fueld from burning noxious chemicals evaporating more potable water than a palestinian gets in a week so you can exfoliate your pours and not be uncomfortable for a few minutes while you wash the filth from your previous 9 hours sitting in an office chair off of your pale skin.

How many people here don't use the heater when they shower? How many people here could even bear to stand the thought of taking a shower without heated water? None of you, probably, and that's why you don't have the guts, the ability to deal with hardship, to actually make sacrifices in your life that make a difference. All you'd have to do is keep the hot water heater off, but you leave it on just so you can sit in your shower and wallow in your own decadence for a few minutes longer. You will never make a sacrifice, because you can't even sacrifice your spa minute every morning. You fucking disgust me.

I challenge anyone in LF to go for two weeks without a hot shower (or 10 showers, whatever comes first you disgusting ass goons). Any takers?

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
look at this indulgent first world scrub who takes showers. a bloo bloo bloo my precious nose can't stand the natural odor of our species.

discipline posted:
I lived in two countries without hot water or central heating; one of the showers electrocuted me somehow as well

ya lol even when i did have a hot water heater 2 apartments ago i was always very uncomfortable with plugging something in 2 feet from my shower and having a power cord a foot above me head while i bathed

Only if you go 2 weeks without posting.
did you register to post that macchupccu?
I don't feel the need to punish my body because some dudes somewhere I don't care about have a shitty life. Good luck on your secular flaggelation however, or more precisely the empty pretense thereof
why would anyone ever do this
last time my hot water went out it ruined my entire morning and i couldnt focus and felt really grumpy i tried taking a cold freezing shower but just couldnt do it well thats my story about how bourgeois i am hope u enjoyed it
Ages ago I lived in a place where I didn't know how to turn the hot water on. I just played the Rocky theme song really loudly in my head while showering and it helped
in my apartment in la it took ages for me to work out how the bash/shower switches in america work...... i took a Heck of a lot of baths
i buy free trade coffee to offset my showers so its all good
is the joke that y'all live in warm places where this isn't a necessity, cuz I'm not laughing!!!
anorexia is the ultimate statement of 3rd world solidarity

DRUXXX posted:

discipline posted:
I lived in two countries without hot water or central heating; one of the showers electrocuted me somehow as well

ya lol even when i did have a hot water heater 2 apartments ago i was always very uncomfortable with plugging something in 2 feet from my shower and having a power cord a foot above me head while i bathed

back in the balkans most of the time the heater is hanging right next to you over the tub, so you have to turn it off whenever you want to shower unless you want to kill yourself due to faulty wiring

its not been like that any time ive been in the balkans but then i was mostly staying in poncey westernised guest houses

zizek toilets'n'ideology youtube
[account deactivated]
it's thankfully being eliminated in modern bathrooms
ponty, froobius. pontyfroobius. pon
[account deactivated]

DRUXXX posted:
did you register to post that macchupccu?

i hope thats the case it was like a hot shower after reading a post by YOU

gyrofry posted:
i buy free trade coffee to offset my showers so its all good

every time i take a shower bechtel donates a glass of water to a bolivian

[account deactivated]
WHATS LFS OPINION ON YOO-HOO? IM ABOUT TO GO TO HTE STORE TO BUY A CAN BUT I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE THAT IT WAS IDEOLOGICALLY ACCEPTABLE. ANYONE?!?
for breakfast. i'm having fried eggs and yoohoo for breakfast
i lived mostly in houses without central heating since i was 17 and lived in a house without a working shower for a year, so yeah, way ahead of you
lol no central heating since you were 17 and you didnt have a shower for a year YOURE A WARRIOR BRAH. MAN THATS LIKE A GREAT WAY TO SHOW YOUR SOLIDARITY WITH THE THIRD WORLD. ahahahahhaah jeezus christ..

one whole year without a shower in your hosue.. that is fuckin extreme dude. wow! ahahahahahahha
i think someone here needs a new showerhead.
The apple has already been bitten there is no going back.
poverty tourism ownz

discipline posted:

deadken posted:
in my apartment in la it took ages for me to work out how the bash/shower switches in america work...... i took a Heck of a lot of baths

yeah why are sinks so awful in uk? why are they all push faucets with one faucet ice cold water that hurts you rhands and the other boiling hot that burns your hands

are you talking about public loos and suchlike or sinks in a bloke's gaff. cos if its the latter then i have never seen that in my life

plumbing: interesting, important, intensely erotic
speaking of limey shit i just started watching black mirrior and its amazing
yes!! yes!!!!
dead set is also by charlie brooker + it also owns. yeah it has zombies but it is also 4654767698664 times better than the walking dead with its pig protagonist and sage old man dispensing vacuous wisdom
I'll totally check it out next but to be fair 4654767698664x better than walking dead is like... still a mediocre show because walking dead is really terrible jajajajajajaaaa