[account deactivated]

loyellthecat22 posted:

germanjoey posted:

sorry this is three weeks after you posted this or whatever but i'm whispering i love you at you,OP

well golly gee look at me - im blushing

The laundry problem: http://www.nycga.net/2011/10/21/nycga-minutes-10212011/

And a new tumblr cataloguing OWS hilarity, starting with an opening article about sexual assaults and drug arrests: http://downtwinkles.tumblr.com/

I really love this song and video. And I understand the OWS carries some of the spirit of the 60s Vietnam protests. But it also seems so pathetic in comparison. And so much of it seems like a shallow mimicry.

These people would probably claim they hate the Boomers, but to what extent are they just Boomer wannabes?
[account deactivated]
as a mother who has chosen to live in a tent city in london in october, i am very worried about the risk to my child's safety posed by beers
what if he wanders off somewhere when i'm not looking. i wouldnt want him to start drinking 6 months before everyone else in this country
"Protect the kids" from sex, drugs, music, whateva you name it - is one of the biggest bougie hoaxes ever played and a big contributing factor to the weakness of our pathetic culture right now. Kids that have actually been read to and loved can handle difficult topics just fine - often more maturely than adults. I've had 2nd graders that couldn't stay awake because they were up killing people on call of duty all night - yet they go absolutely insane if they see a boob in a museum painting.

NounsareVerbs posted:
go absolutely insane if they see a boob in a museum painting.

to be fair, boobs are pretty cool, and if you are going to go insane over something, boobs: not bad. not bad.

alcohol? at my youth carnival?
[account deactivated]
if you want to build the protest as a national movement you need to regulate social behavior so that its not a frat party, sorry pervs and losers
New York couple tries to trademark 'Occupy Wall St.'

http://www.cnn.com/2011/10/25/us/new-york-occupy-trademark/index.html

Maresca, who calls himself a "fiscally conservative but socially liberal" political independent

babyfinland posted:
if you want to build the protest as a national movement you need to regulate social behavior so that its not a frat party, sorry pervs and losers

i used to troll anarchists by making them explain how the zapatistas banning alcohol and drugs was different from prohibition. all of them would defend it and i was like hmm not really good at this whole freedom without restraint thing are we. born to troll.

[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i think we should be repressive and we should begin with the mouths of those in disagreement
[account deactivated]
fuck corporations *smokes a camel light every half hour*

babyfinland posted:

ya i agree. i think a better excuse for banning alcohol would be to avoid fights and generally present a better image, not Think of the Children + Think of my Unraped Nethers

[account deactivated]

tpaine posted:
who doesnt want to get all ripped on something and fight police though. i will fuck them up when u'm drink

an amphetamine is way better for that tho

tpaine posted:
who doesnt want to get all ripped on something and fight police though. i will fuck them up when u'm drink

always a sound foundation for social legislation: things u wanna do when u pissed as wank mate.

Crow posted:

tpaine posted:

lol if youre not already a surging pure bolt of rage directed at all authoritarian and maternal figures 24/7

[account deactivated]
*punches stop sign* Bring it on.
whenever i fight the cops i get a cockney accent and this song starts blaring over well-placed speakers

[account deactivated]
my life is essentially a guy ritchie movie

babyfinland posted:
Crow posted:
tpaine posted:

lol if youre not already a surging pure bolt of rage directed at all authoritarian and maternal figures 24/7

certum est quia impossibile

if this is you, then amphetamines will do nothing but help

there's at least 300 cops at occupy oakland right now in full riot gear, with at least five helicopters, tear gas, rubber bullets, and a sonic cannon
at 18:30 in this live video, shortly after the tear gas is deployed one of the cops says "it looks like they gassed us." and it sounds like he actually believes it lmao

http://ows.bylinebeat.com/post/11933577103/video-occupyoakland-live-steam

Goethestein posted:
as a mother who has chosen to live in a tent city in london in october, i am very worried about the risk to my child's safety posed by beers

hahahah

tpaine posted:

YOU WILL ! You can! Be sstrong and drunk, and rip them up with hidden hydraulic actuators in your coat

Crow posted:

tpaine posted:

Then take the amphetamines so you will begin to scream! And you won't stop screaming until everyone is blasted to shreds.

The only way to fight the police is to make a new law that says every policeman needs to kill himself immediately, and they'll do it.

I was talking to little baby finland about how Bushido as applied to kamikazes and japanese hold outs was a total fiction invented in the 19th century, to better secure loyalty of newly centralized Japan under the emperor. And he was telling me about how late confuscianism's related super hierarchal thing was similarly made up, and I sort of realized how obvious that it was, you need machine men for the machine age, and it wouldn't have been logical in a time with much looser tolerances, forgive me.

So what we need now are police with some artificial intelligence who can decide that hitting a pregnant woman in the stomach with a club isn't necessarily the right thing to do, even if she is violating a section of the new york penal code or whatever. Maybe we can even make them out of body parts of dead policemen

that's probably the origin of fundamentalism right there

Myfanwy posted:
I was talking to little baby finland about how Bushido as applied to kamikazes and japanese hold outs was a total fiction invented in the 19th century, to better secure loyalty of newly centralized Japan under the emperor.

"a beautiful fiction..."

- noavbazzer, noted orientalist

At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

getfiscal posted:
At a million-dollar San Francisco fundraiser today, President Obama warned his recession-battered supporters that if he loses the 2012 election it could herald a new, painful era of self-reliance in America.

“The one thing that we absolutely know for sure is that if we don’t work even harder than we did in 2008, then we’re going to have a government that tells the American people, ‘you are on your own,’” Obama told a crowd of 200 donors over lunch at the W Hotel.

“If you get sick, you’re on your own. If you can’t afford college, you’re on your own. If you don’t like that some corporation is polluting your air or the air that your child breathes, then you’re on your own,” he said. “That’s not the America I believe in. It’s not the America you believe in.”

Change
"Obama, I thought you wanted government to help me? But it seems like when I needed medical care, or student aid, or clean air, that there was only one set of footprints."

"That's because I was carrying you."

getfiscal posted:

my life is essentially a guy ritchie movie