cars posted:

TIL archduke ferdinand owned a ballistic vest made of layered silk, standard issue for european vips after the same armor apparently protected alfonso XIII's carriage when an anarchist threw a bomb at his wedding procession in 1906, and it's likely it would have stopped princip's bullet, but ferdinand wasn't wearing it the day he was shot

normal brain: the assassination of the archduke was not the cause of WW1, but the spark that lit the underlying contradictions of imperialist competition
glowing brain: the archdukes death directly caused WW1
exploding brain: gavrilo princep killed hundreds of millions, more evil than hitler

i'm reading laura jane grace's autobiography and remembering why i'm glad i don't hang out in punk houses any more. hello
Hellop rotestant twerk ethic

Ruzbihan posted:

Hellop rotestant twerk ethic

thats my name dont wear it out. howdy. imo

https://lorenzoae.wordpress.com/2018/06/10/anthony-bourdains-state-department-smorgasbord/

i get the feeling maybe this person posts here so just on the off chance i wanna say i really like this blog
good, i was afraid that blog was finished
bourdain JO'd to death, like michael hutchence. you can't convince me otherwise

Petrol posted:

bourdain JO'd to death, like michael hutchence. you can't convince me otherwise

ironic that it was called "parts unknown" when he knew his "parts" so intimately

slipdisco posted:

'the shenanigans of french philosophers'

After the events of May ’68, Paris-VIII, also known as Vincennes, was created to be a refuge for radical students. A committee of 20 peoples that included Jacques Derrida and Roland Barthes set out to model Vincennes after MIT. Michel Foucault was named the head of the philosophy department. While Deleuze could not initially work at Vincennes, he later joined a staff that was comprised of Alain Badiou, Jacques Ranciere, Jean-Francois Lyotard and Judith Miller.
In a department filled with radicals and communists, students tore open ceilings to see “if the police had bugged the rooms” and matters of administration were often seen as fascist coups. Department members invited friends to teach classes, many of whom would not even show up for class.
When Ranciere and Badiou decided that “not showing up” was pretty good grounds to fire these teachers, the victims immediately declared it “a Bolshevik coup and alerted Deleuze and Lyotard, who saw it as the start of a witch hunt. ‘They organized a sort of hunger strike in Deleuze’s seminar.'”
Judith Miller openly declared “certain collective have decided not to grade students on the basis of written workers, others have decided to give a diploma to anyone who thinks they deserve one.” The French government swiftly declared that the Vincennes philosophy department could no longer award national diplomas.

Badiou declared Deleuze an “enemy of the people” and penned several anti-Deleuze articles. At the height of the conflict, Badiou's “men” would prevent Deleuze from finishing his seminar, he would put his hat back on to his head to indicate surrender. Badiou himself would occasionally turn up at Deleuze’s seminar to interrupt him, as he admits in the book he wrote on Deleuze in 1997.
Badiou created brigades to “monitor the political content of other classes in the philosophy department.” Deleuze responded to most interventions calmly, and would avoid conflict even when “groups of up to a dozen people bent on picking a fight would show up.”
Sometimes these brigades would show up with copies of Nietzsche to ask trick questions in an effort to embarrass Deleuze. And when that didn’t work:

Often the “brigade” would end up imposing the “Peoples Rule,” commanding the student to quit Deleuze’s classroom on the pretext of a meeting in Lecture Hall 1 or a rally in support of a workers’ struggle. Deleuze reacted calmly, pretending to agree with them and retaliating with irony.

And when that also didn’t work:

Only once did get angry, when he found on his desk a tract by a “death squad” advocating suicide.”

I would love the source of this.

cars posted:

TIL archduke ferdinand owned a ballistic vest made of layered silk, standard issue for european vips after the same armor apparently protected alfonso XIII's carriage when an anarchist threw a bomb at his wedding procession in 1906, and it's likely it would have stopped princip's bullet, but ferdinand wasn't wearing it the day he was shot

he had probably read your posts the day before and didn't see the point anymore

Parenti posted:

I would love the source of this.

looks like this http://www.critical-theory.com/deleuze-guattari-biography/

excerpt is from part 3

lots of good shit in there lol

It wasn’t just Deleuze’s brilliance that attracted students. Because Deleuze felt that philosophy teachers were “looked upon as court jesters,” he decided to play the part. “When he felt tired, he played the musical saw for his students.”Deleuze’s over-the-top style caused one student to yell “fag!” during class, to which Deleuze responded, “Yes, and so?”

It should be no surprise that Guattari, whose work in Anti-Oedipus was anti-familial to say the least, was not a fan of family in real life...

But Guattari was also married at various points in his life, and had several children to whom he was mostly absent. When he was present, he ruled over his kids with the same authoritarianism he exhibited as a leader of a worker’s brigade. He taught his eldest son Bruno to read and write at a very early age, in part by locking Bruno in a room with a pen and paper until he wrote an adequate amount in his diary.

But it was a good thing, because all of that spartan training Bruno received would come in hand when Guattari decided “fuck it” in regards to his younger children. After separating from his wife, Guattari told Bruno “I haven’t got the time, you take care of everything.” The plan’s results were less than stellar. Guattari’s daughter even had fungus growing on her head. The most ironic part? Guattari freaked out when his mother died and “repeated over and over ‘I am an orphan'”.

chill professor plays the saw solo from in the aeroplane over the sea during the middle of the lecture

kinch posted:

lots of good shit in there lol

It wasn’t just Deleuze’s brilliance that attracted students. Because Deleuze felt that philosophy teachers were “looked upon as court jesters,” he decided to play the part. “When he felt tired, he played the musical saw for his students.”Deleuze’s over-the-top style caused one student to yell “fag!” during class, to which Deleuze responded, “Yes, and so?”

It should be no surprise that Guattari, whose work in Anti-Oedipus was anti-familial to say the least, was not a fan of family in real life...

But Guattari was also married at various points in his life, and had several children to whom he was mostly absent. When he was present, he ruled over his kids with the same authoritarianism he exhibited as a leader of a worker’s brigade. He taught his eldest son Bruno to read and write at a very early age, in part by locking Bruno in a room with a pen and paper until he wrote an adequate amount in his diary.

But it was a good thing, because all of that spartan training Bruno received would come in hand when Guattari decided “fuck it” in regards to his younger children. After separating from his wife, Guattari told Bruno “I haven’t got the time, you take care of everything.” The plan’s results were less than stellar. Guattari’s daughter even had fungus growing on her head. The most ironic part? Guattari freaked out when his mother died and “repeated over and over ‘I am an orphan'”.

What a dick

https://www.geopoliticalmonitor.com/the-post-war-order-is-over/

Starting to see this opinion show up more and more (especially now that begun the trade wars have). Is this it rhizzone, are we in the post-post-cold war era?
issues i have w that article aside, . maybe,.
like godamn i was gon reply to a couple paragraphs, then there kept being more paragraphs so i was just going to make a list but then.. itd basically just reproduce the whole article. i think this wrapps it up p well\

Finally, we’re seeing the end of the old truism that the U.S. was either psychologically or economically so strong that it could easily take on the burdens of global leadership — taking trade hits for newly ascendant capitalist nations that ignored trade rules, subsidizing the Continental defense of an affluent Europe, rubber-stamping international institutions on the premise that they adhered to Western liberalism and tolerance, and opening its borders either to assuage guilt or to recalibrate a supposedly culpable demography.

Some of the content is obviously problematic, but what I have noticed over the past couple months is bourgeois media highlighting the possibility of the end of inter imperialist cooperation, that US-EU relations are reaching a rupture of sorts.

shriekingviolet posted:

wait the search function does something other than allowing goatstein to shut down the site at his leisure ??

ive never used the search function to ddos the site. remove thine slander posthaste

[account deactivated]
wtf..
I think a reason for it is the historical role of money-lending as proscribed profession (though I've always suspected this is kind of phony) and the fact that New York is the capital of American, and so world, finance. New York has a large Jewish population and so Jews are "over" represented. I hate the framing of "over" representation though. Nobody ever seems to note the "over" representation of gentiles in heavy industry or the extractive industries.

Edited by Parenti ()

thread is going places
jokes aside, this is a long standing thread and the last legacy of fallen poster babyfinland, so if you want to discuss your innocent questions on Jewish banker cabal conspiracy theories please start your own thread, so at the very least we can gas it and ifap everyone in it
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i love when people ask me normal innocent questions about the "over"-representation of Jews in certain fields, i always proceed to have interesting conversations

also funny enough, in line with the thread, i was sitting here in the library reading the Jewish Chronicle and their travel review of Riga has a funny sub-title:

"As Latvia mark 100 years of independence, Janice Hopper finds Riga's beautiful facade hides a darker past."

sitting here fuming at the "Double Genocide" framing in this travel article

this article does that Noltean thing too where it implies the Nazis were following in the footsteps or taking the example of the Soviets. The Jewish Chronicle is an embarrassment, this stuff really makes me angry
🛑

Parenti posted:

I think a reason for it is the historical role of money-lending as prescribed profession (though I've always suspected this is kind of phony)

It's not, the early European tradition was to deny them access to most professions and force them into roles of money lending and handling corpses. In general the "over representation" of Jews is both overstated, and to the degree that it exists, is caused by historical circumstances - wealth as a determinate of who escaped the Holocaust, and the political role of Zionism since WWII.

cars posted:

thread is going places

Your posts on this page are dumb too

i’m jumping on the grenade swampmarm
[account deactivated]
re: money-lending, I'm not saying it's phony that Jews were pushed into it, but that money-lending was proscribed for as long as it's often made out to be. Gentiles were involved in money lending heavily by the early 19th century.

In general the "over representation" of Jews is both overstated, and to the degree that it exists, is caused by historical circumstances - wealth as a determinate of who escaped the Holocaust, and the political role of Zionism since WWII.

Definitely, it's always over-stated, and 99% of the time it's anti-communist propaganda wrapped up in the Judeo-Bolshevik myth. You'll see people constantly promoting figures purporting that Jews were "85% of the first Soviet government" (Trotsky was the only ethnic Jew in the first government), or that Jews were a third of the Communist Party of Russia (in fact, ethnic Russians were "over-represented," and ethnic Jews were about 5% of the party, a few times more than their proportion of the general population, which is no surprise given that they were the member of an oppressed minority population that was periodically slaughtered; whatever could have attracted such a people to a revolutionary movement?).

ive got some discussion questions saved up about Jewish banker history, Jew bolshevism banker collusion, Jew percentage europe 1939, elder protocols real proof, lenin stalin jewish secret, yiddish talking about me behind my back, jewish child blood ritual, jew professor won’t let me ask questions, talmud child blood satanism, and jewish conspiracy zebra cakes flavor change, looking forward to having them addressed on the fail aids forum with restraint & dignity. Chears.
I think it's good to refute antisemitic lies, which permeate mainstream internet culture, and lead a lot of people, literally millions of kids, down the road to fascism.
sure, also can anyone tell me why the jews aren’t responsible for creating nuclear weapons to manipulate their servant races into white genocide? very important we refute this before it spreads further.
[account deactivated]
You can be glib about it cars, but holocaust denial suffuses the internet, the chan culture, etc. and is rarely consistently challenged. I agree this thread isn't appropriate but it's just taps forehead something to think about.
[account deactivated]

Caesura109 posted:

genocide denial of every kind exists on the internet. atrocity denial of every kind for that matter. why else would we be tucked away here, always a link or two away from some romanian nationalists' anime/wolfen ss admiration blog

None of it is really as widespread though.