i finished jerusalem a biography, he doesnt talk about african jews at all though he spends nearly 100 pages on the 20th century alone
Effete UN Quislings lay hypothetical plans for a Syrian liberal government

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2013/05/17/Syria-ex-minister-leads-rebuilding-plan.html

Dardari’s plan, known as the National Agenda for the Future of Syria, is being drafted on the assumption that the conflict, now in its third year, will end by 2015 and that Syria will remain territorially united with a central government based in Damascus, regardless of who ends up ruling the country.
i started a blog, im going to write a thing this weekend about the scramble for syria bc its on my mind all of a sudden, before i do though are there any good war nerd reports on the war there
blogging tip: most of your posts should be hdr photos of beaches and sunsets and so on with insipid inspirational messages. i know a girl who runs one of those and it has like 10x my readership lol. good luck & welcome to cybersporse!
today i read embassytown by china mieville which is not awful for genre fiction even if he is a trot
does it have a shit ending, like everything else he writes
yea kinda, for most of the novel its actually a kinda cool postcolonialism-in-space kinda thing but at the end the colonised people adopts the language of the colonists and the fanonian violent insurgency is convinced to hold hands and sing kumbaya by the power of Love
cum

jools posted:

cum

last night me + one of my flatmates stayed up till like 8 drinking whiskey and decided that next year we're going to south america for two months + having threesomes
thats a bit early noughties
yea i cant wait
she kept on talking about how while shes Definitely Straight she also wants to fuck a 'dusky-skinned latina girl' + take a lot of cocaine. bring on 2002
god i cant imagine how aristocratically huge her forehead is
shes american lol
okay my stereotyped mental image has been revised to shrink the forehead but make all the teeth point inwards very slightly as a result of overzealous american orthodontics

deadken posted:

shes american lol

christ, you're a poison to everyone around you

defiling our young american lasses, christ

cocaine

i lived in america for a year and the trail of desolation remains to this day
cocaine Rules imo
that video agrees with you, watch it
i cantn watch videos b/c im on Bad Mobil;e Internet

[account deactivated]
you guys are way too priviliged

tpaine posted:

deadken posted:

blogging tip: most of your posts should be hdr photos of beaches and sunsets and so on with insipid inspirational messages. i know a girl who runs one of those and it has like 10x my readership lol. good luck & welcome to cybersporse!

id rather read that blog 10x than your's.

thats because its 10x better dingus

[account deactivated]
just finished an essay by marinetti called "the necessity and beauty of violence." here's a quick quote that i got a chuckle out of:

"Alas! Sometimes, our preoccupation with a good dinner, or a woman's feathery hat, or a fine carpet to show off to our guests, sometimes - as I said - a preoccupation of this sort is all that is necessary to turn an Italian politician away from his selfless course or to interrupt some heroic, self-sacrificing project... And this is why we preach the need for celibacy for great men of pure ideas and action."

tl;dr: "eat shit, sexhavers" - F.T. Marinetti, 1910
[account deactivated]
i was reading that ender's game thread in gbs, I'm in disbelief how many adults read children's literature exclusively and have childlike mentalities. obv we've discussed this when talking about the book barn on SA, but i think there's something to be said about american capitalism functioning through the populace choosing to be stupid.
[account deactivated]
[account deactivated]
i exclusively read management books in the who moved my cheese series

gyrofry posted:

i exclusively read management books in the who moved my cheese series

i was wondering why your personal brand was so powerful

babyhueypnewton posted:

i was reading that ender's game thread in gbs, I'm in disbelief how many adults read children's literature exclusively and have childlike mentalities. obv we've discussed this when talking about the book barn on SA, but i think there's something to be said about american capitalism functioning through the populace choosing to be stupid.

i wouldn't be so judgmental: the themes of things like enders game or harry potter are actually quite relevant for today's autistic manchildren

deadken posted:

last night me + one of my flatmates stayed up till like 8 drinking whiskey and decided that next year we're going to south america for two months + having threesomes

lol yeah and you can rent a motorbike and ride around writing about how poor ppl live, god speed

i spent the weekend going outside and enjoying friendship, and so havent blogged any blogs
Currently reading Graebers lectures on Mein Kampf