Ironicwarcriminal posted:
Just about to knock off work

Also I got this hankering to watch Falling Down again

noo don't do it, IWC, they got families

stegosaurus posted:

stegosaurus posted:
I just bought that book and had it sent to my kindle with one click cos my cc data is apparently stored somewhere and my amazon account somehow linked up with my kindle... this shit is dangerous
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2286227/Amazons-human-robots-They-trek-15-miles-day-warehouse-dictated-computers-checking-work-Is-future-British-workplace.html

Thank you for shopping with Amazon
my job is that, in a truck, in a subdivision, with a dumb computer telling you where to go and you ignoring it most of the time while your dispatcher pulls her hair out

GPS thingos are like the worst invention ever

that blogger guy is boniface lol
[account deactivated]
moar, moar, keep em comin
[account deactivated]
I remember pictures of boniface, he doesnt really look like that guy. this is weird
[account deactivated]
did this mobuto guy make any good posts or all they all boring rolling stone tier garbage about sports
im not an og the name boniface means nothing to me
opening scene - officer being ignored/not in control *(decay of the state or of law & order)

m. krul being ignored by mom

hang up the phone and make me why dont you

helpless, needing guidance - but being thrust into individualism

old man marley - the Other. shovel slayer. contemporary liberal blood libel

officer here to warn about buglaries. keeping society in state of fear

milk spilt in rage, over passports a symbol of freedom

look what you did little jerk, ostracization

families suck

wishes/dreams for family to disappear

act of god sets the movie into action

kids are counted, impersonal, turned into commodities

scene of the evil furnace - illusion, the symbolic; the state of nature

ideology shapes his reality, he made his family disappear

devolution into state of nature

continual talking to himself, to an audience

first act is one of violence on symbolic toys

film-within-the-film angels w/ filthy souls, violence

nobody's angel

first reaction to criminals is to hide

not a wimp, a man of the house

not afraid anymore, meets old man and screams

calls for help result in liberal bureaucracy

talking to himself, manifestation of liberal psychosis. cult of self

kevins own theft is forgiven, but not the archetypal criminals

on the run from the crooks, takes refuge with god

crooks are godless, arent going into the church

shadows on the curtains, plato's parable of the cave

nothing dangerous will ever happen, a direct refutation of antiwar liberals

frightens off pizzaboy with angel movie

furnace defeated with the death of childhood imagination/conquest of fear

scared of the dark --fear

church framed as an omnipotent fixture, nativity scene, choir, sees the Old Man. now converted to christianity, he is no longer the Other.

Old Man alienated from family. Afraid to talk to son, fear.

Turn on the lights, to know. Liberal modernism.

Old man is Jesus, the stigmata on his hand.

this is my house, i have to defend it.

macroni dinner he prays framed by two angels holding light

he blows out the light and runs for his shotgun

liberal warstate involves running from the light of god to do dirty but necessary work

the crook tries to turn on the light (of islam?) and is rewarded with being pounded by an iron

literally branded with an M

like sri lanka's ethnic cleansing of the LTTE, he wages a violent war until they give up

criminals just going to do eye for an eye

wow... scra?? when cops storming house

when hes reunited with mom, angel is illuminated in the background

individualist triumphalism at the end

after defeating both criminals, both kevin + old man are reunited w/ their respectiv
keven & the old man turn out to be the same person & start fighting for control of their body
[account deactivated]
Hanwei Practical XL Katana Unveiling HD: The Triumph of Anti-Humanism
*clears throat, pushes glasses up* technically that would be a daikatana, you see,
lol fuck off. 大刀. are you a fuckin retarded reading-at-a-third-grade chuutai like Tomo. its a rite of childish passage to be reading "NyuuHyoo" for Iriomote but "dai katana" is just fuckin *snorts*
Things Fall Apart by Chinua Achebe is a pretty good fiction book about the Igbo people written by an Igbo person. Unlike so many books set in Africa, which take on the alternatively weeping and condemning tone of liberal imperialism, it is written in a way that native audience could actually read without retching. For this reason, and for it's lack of pretensions, it's way fucking better than Heart of Darkness.
1 gold star for your book report Scree. now go get yourself a dried apricot and choose a toy from the box
[account deactivated]
oh god............
ilmidge

that group put their on unique stamp on the song with that cover. big mistake lol
they took something perfect and made it into something totally different!
[account deactivated]
over the past two years my sister has married, bought a house and is now pregnant. in the same period i moved to toronto and then montreal and did a bit of therapy.
[account deactivated]

getfiscal posted:

over the past two years my sister has married, bought a house and is now pregnant. in the same period i moved to toronto and then montreal and did a bit of therapy.

same. except worse

wow blink and weezer. way to kick a guy when hes already depressed because of an onion story
when i finally take my throne as permamod any slights against shonen knife will be met with detention in ifap

ilmdge posted:

that group put their on unique stamp on the song with that cover. big mistake lol

unlike most shoegaze/dreampop bands which proceed from traditional pop melodies to surround them with guitar noise, mbv is exceptional for moving in the opposite direction. before i saw pictures of that fey nerd i imagined kevin shields a hulking red-head in a butchers frock hhahe.e

blinkandwheeze posted:

when i finally take my throne as permamod any slights against shonen knife will be met with detention in ifap

and yet they still wont be my bloody valentine. fail

no matter how many people you ifap! no matter how many posts youdownvote! no matter how many jodi dean books you read! there is only one mbv

Edited by ilmdge ()

[account deactivated]
yeah im just going to listen to boring shutins make music for idiot babies who want to crawl back into their mamas womb instead of spending that time with the ramones of osaka. mods change my name to pretty little baka guy

blinkandwheeze was probated until (March 8, 2013 01:06:14) for this post!

[account deactivated]

Japan Airlines Flight 351 was hijacked by nine members of the Japanese Communist League-Red Army Faction (a predecessor of the Japanese Red Army) on March 31, 1970, while flying from Tokyo to Fukuoka, in an incident usually referred to in Japanese as the Yodogo Hijacking (よど号ハイジャック事件 Yodogō Haijakku Jiken?). The hijackers took 129 hostages (122 passengers and seven crew members), later releasing them at Fukuoka Airport and Seoul's Kimpo Airport. They then proceeded to Pyongyang's Mirim Airport, where they surrendered to North Korean authorities, who offered the whole group asylum. Yoshimi Tanaka was arrested in Thailand and repatriated to Japan in March 2000. However, the other hijackers remain at large, according to Japan's National Police Agency. The leader of the group, Takamaro Tamiya died in 1995 and Yoshida Kintaro before 1985. Takeshi Okamoto and his wife Fukudome Kimiko were probably killed trying to flee North Korea. Takahiro Konishi, Shiro Akagi, Kimihuro Uomoto, Moriaki Wakabayashi still reside in North Korea; all except Takeshi Okamoto were confirmed to have been alive as of 2004 when they were interviewed by Kyodo News. In June 2004, the remaining hijackers made a request to North Korean authorities that they be allowed to return to Japan.
no tpaine but thats a cool song and better than anything from my bloody valentine thanks for sharing
i know puffy. i was the one who convinced him to launch a menswear collection. he sends me a new pair of sunglasses every christmas as a token of thanks.
[account deactivated]